We have another learning opportunity from the community to share with you. And community is really the key word here, as this opportunity is heavily focused on community interaction and feedback. It offers a great chance to connect with like minded people, share your work, and learn from one another.
What is it?
The Mario Maker Workshop (MMW) is a free, online game design school that operates like a community. It uses Super Mario Maker 2 as a platform to rapidly test and share ideas. The workshop will teach level design and game design lessons using a unique communal learning method.
Who is it for?
Our workshop is is primarily designed for two types of people:
- Players who aspire to create the best Mario Maker courses.
- People who are serious about improving their game design skills.
Our lessons are a foundational course on Mario level design while also applying to game design in general.
What do you do?
- Any time you play Super Mario Maker 2 you can contribute to the workshop. Whether you play random levels, make levels, or play levels from other participants.
- Each week focuses on a different design lesson. (20+)
- Workshoppers play, analyze, and give feedback on each other's levels.
- Complete fun and challenging assignments designed to teach design concepts.
- Dig deep into game design reading material (for game designers)
- Discuss course ideas and game design on our Discord.
- Interact in our weekly workshop recap twitch streams.
- Contribute as much or as little as you want. Come and go as you please. There's no long term commitment.
- Always have fun.
Learn more about the workshop here: http://designoriented.net/MMW.html
Access the lessons here: http://www.designoriented.net/lessonhub.html
Follow Design Oriented
Follow Next Level Design
Join the Forum: http://www.nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/register/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NextLevelDesig2
Discuss on Discord: https://t.co/hkxwVml0Dp