the_Bloodsoaked

Prison Escape - Far Cry 5

Hi everyone,

Just announcing a map I have published to the Far Cry 5 Arcade community - Prison Escape

https://far-cry-arcade.ubi.com/pc/map/5daed34833e03928f0a6fdc3

Setting / back story

The Cult has taken over a decommissioned prison on an island off mainland USA and you have managed to break out of the prison complex unaware. 

The level starts off outside the door of the complex and it's up to you to make it out alive. 

Time

3-4 months

Special thanks

This is a special moment for me, after many years of on and off level design, this is the first piece of work I have ever released. And I truly believe a lot of it is down to the encouragement and knowledge found by Level Design Lobby and World of Level Design. Thanks to the great people who run these resources, I've found the strength and realisation to carry out this map to the end.

Also, a special thanks to Misieq10 at the Far Cry Arcade Discord for the  play testing, guidance and advice early on in development and also to the Far Cry 5 Arcade Discord community as a whole.

I look forward to hearing feedback from players, their suggestions for improvement will be listened to for a future second release.

Far Cry® 52019-8-21-20-24-51.jpg

Far Cry® 52019-10-8-20-57-41.png

Far Cry® 52019-10-9-21-16-38.jpg

Far Cry® 52019-8-25-17-17-59.png

Congratulations!  It must feel good, and probably a little scary, to finally release a project.

Level Design Lobby and World of Level Design are both great resources, and we're happy to have them listed as 'Recommended Resources' on NLD.  Thank you very much for sharing your work with us here.  It looks great from the pictures.  :classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Congratulations!  It must feel good, and probably a little scary, to finally release a project.

Level Design Lobby and World of Level Design are both great resources, and we're happy to have them listed as 'Recommended Resources' on NLD.  Thank you very much for sharing your work with us here.  It looks great from the pictures.  :classic_biggrin:

You're right it does feel good but in more excited than scared 🙂

Thanks for the encouragement. I haven't spent much time on NLD but I can see there's some great resources to read through. I definitely plan to be a regular visitor. 

Cheers. 

I've actually decided this is going to be a three-part series called The Defector. 

The next map will be a night map where you have made a bee-line to the location of a nuclear bomb The Cult is storing inside an underground mountain bunker and it's up to you to put a stop to their plans 🙂

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Ha! I guessed it! I don't have far cry 5, but the cave behind the waterfall is always a cool feature

But it's not behind the waterfall, explorers will get rewarded hehe