Picture 7: Lighting inconsistency. The neutral grey cobble stone naturally gets the same brownish colour in sunny spots that you seem to be using for the entire level. Realistically, it's not supposed to change the colour like that. The surface colour would have to be something like bright grey with cyan mixed into it for that to happen.

By the way, what's your explanation for the wooden steps on the right side of the same picture?

Picture 3: The round platform looks out of place, you most likely put it there for gameplay reasons. I would remove it and extinguish one or two candles on the chandelier, so the gameplay aspect is still intact.

Is that on Alpine? Looks great. The general colour tone is basically the same as Delos, though, would be nice to see something different from you.

Right on both counts, the circular platform is a placeholder for gameplay testing It's actually on the space one again, the whole things has been arted right off the blockout. I was thinking I could put it somewhere off the main editing area on glacier, but that breaks the lighting big time - I also wanted to have a kind of Paris in Autumn feel to the exterior areas, so I may swap the whole thing over to Alpine if I figure out the most efficient piece usage and prefab everything. The wooden steps are also a placeholder, the idea is to just have some kind of scaffolding that exposes players on that path to fire from below - WiP, after all.

Is see a rectengular stone bar beneath the placeholder, eventually you could stick it out a little bit and have it as a thin walkway. That way you save pieces and incorporate the building's structure naturally into the design in that specific spot.

The wooden steps could be part of a small restoration scaffolding, just have to look more artificial and supported, not stuck to the wall.

What I don't get is you changing the form of the door frame. It looks like a sacral building, which is often heavily built with symmetry in mind. Do you have a reason for that different door frame. IF I made that different form, then it would be much smaller, a door for humans to pass through. Right now, it looks like it's made for giants.

If it is possible, I would like to see three camera shots basically looking at the level from the outside, that way the whole picture can be grasped better. The level being on Glacier should have been obvious, now that I look at the lighting rays again. Those only look like that on Glacier. Do you have any plans for surroundings?

No need to mention it being a WIP again, that is why I'm replying in the first place; to give feedback and help making your product the best it can be. ^^ I'll stop immediately, if you want me to.

Edited by Buddy Jumps

I have the same issue on my map last bastion, the sunset skybox bleached the entire map with one color and it ended up not looking so good, but the god rays beaming through all the architecture and windows where worth it. I like the look of it mostly don't think i don't just because i said those neon windows look really bad, speaking of which i don't see them anywhere, are they gone? 

I look forward to analysing this maps layout and balence once its released! 

TiavQEl.jpg

On 11/6/2019 at 5:40 AM, Soldat Du Christ said:

I have the same issue on my map last bastion, the sunset skybox bleached the entire map with one color and it ended up not looking so good, but the god rays beaming through all the architecture and windows where worth it. I like the look of it mostly don't think i don't just because i said those neon windows look really bad, speaking of which i don't see them anywhere, are they gone? 

I look forward to analysing this maps layout and balence once its released! 

Unless otherwise noted, the exterior lighting is not an issue. It is intentional  I wanted a Paris in Autumn warmth to the exterior, since the map was inspired by my time in Paris and my adventures in Italy. If I decide to change anything, it would be to port the entire level over to Glacier and use the morning lightbox to gain a stronger interior/exterior temperature contrast. I may do that anyway, and have a frozen version of the map just for portfolio purposes.

The brain volumes are gone from the exterior, yes. as part of a major redesign to the interior. They'll be appearing in the interior to sell the lighting a little better.