a Chunk

February Challenge Submission/Discussion: A New Love

1314123883_FebChallenge-ANewLove.jpg.9ce024398975092e559a6809cd99231e.jpg

Ahh...February, the month of Love.  ❤️ 😍 🥰 💕 ❣️

WhatsTheChallenge2.png.96f8659cebef0081673c08a2bfa8cbc3.png

Valentine's Day is an opportunity to share your appreciation for those you love the most.  But here on Next Level Design, we're asking you to kick your old lover to the curb.  Not your real life love, but the design methods you've grown to love, and feel most comfortable with. Your Challenge in the month of February is to give your tried and true tools and/processes the cold shoulder, and to see if you can find A New Love.

Use an engine, tool, process, etc. that you're unfamiliar with.  Create a level, model, sketch, texture, etc. and then share the fruits of your new love.

There is no limit to the number of submissions. We're eager to see ALL of your attempts to forge a new love affair - especially those that fail miserably, so please don't be shy.  Feel free to share as little or as much information about each submission as you like.

Read the Announcement Article here: https://www.nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/content/news/february-challenge-a-new-love-r264/

If you're not registered on the site, you'll need to do so to share your submission.  Luckily for you, it's an incredibly simple process.  Follow this link to get started: https://www.nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/register/

Well, i always wanted to make maps for Left 4 Dead 2, in 2017 i downloaded the Authoring Tools to try, but the interface of Hammer World Editor isn't that friendly so i gave up and uninstalled, however this time i persisted and with the help of the Valve Developer Wikia i managed to get started, so here's the candies:
myghY0o.jpg

ooHak2k.jpg

dlqrrNy.jpg

Sx3TchS.jpg

VfGgWji.jpg

15 hours ago, Zanieon said:

Well, i always wanted to make maps for Left 4 Dead 2, in 2017 i downloaded the Authoring Tools to try, but the interface of Hammer World Editor isn't that friendly so i gave up and uninstalled, however this time i persisted and with the help of the Valve Developer Wikia i managed to get started, so here's the candies:
myghY0o.jpg

ooHak2k.jpg

dlqrrNy.jpg

Sx3TchS.jpg

VfGgWji.jpg

Yeah hammer is brutal, props to you for sticking with it

TiavQEl.jpg

I have always used the Unity engine ever since I was introduced to game and level design. However, I wanted to teach myself how to use Unreal as many AAA studios use it for development. At first, I was very intimidated by the overview of Unreal and it's content. But never the less I pressed on and began to learn the best way possible...by just playing with the tools!

I got a feel for the systems terrain molding and material tools; however, I wasn't quite familiar with its geometry editor. That's where this little project of mine changed all of that! This is a portfolio piece I am currently working on for the upcoming Game Developers Conference!

I wanted to create a, eerie, creepy, and almost horror like aesthetic piece. A simple corridor which has began to deteriorate with oozing biomass spreading slowly. These are images of the initial blockout. Please put any feedback in the comments! 

Hall1.JPG

Hall2.JPG

Hall3.JPG

HallBrokenDoor1.JPG

HallVent.JPG

HallBrokenDoorColor1.JPG

HallColor1.JPG

HallColor2.JPG

HallColor3.JPG

HallVentColor.JPG