DrOctavia

An Exploration of Spaces

Hello there NLD!

Recently I ended up graduating from my University. In my last semester there I took an Independent Study on Level Design with my professor. Working off of Chris Totten's "An Architectural Approach to Level Design" I ended up building the project I have linked at the end of this post. 

Through the course of the semester I've worked on the levels within the project, making them once a week, with some semester scheduling and events delaying them. Each level is based upon one chapter from the book, attempting to execute upon one of the ideas in that chapter.

I'm hoping that I can get some feedback on this project, I've worked a while on it but I've definitely run into a few hurdles. The main issue I ran into building this is that many of the principles with my text were based around showcasing the mechanics of the game you would be designing for. This being a semester project among many credit hours and starting from a base Unity project there was the issue of a lack of mechanics to inform the structure of many of these level snippets. I did what I could however!

Thanks for reading and I'd love for any feedback at all!

Project link here: https://izzybennettdev.itch.io/an-exploration-of-spaces

Photos attached are screen shots of some of the more aesthetic levels.

Screenshot (402).png

Screenshot (401).png

Screenshot (400).png

Screenshot (398).png

Screenshot (397).png

Screenshot (396).png

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

It takes one too many steps to get to the meat of your content, why not just share a brief write up here along with some more pictures? 

The write-up here basically contains the same info as on the link that's provided, so there's not really anything missing here aside from a download link.

1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

The write-up here basically contains the same info as on the link that's provided, so there's not really anything missing here aside from a download link.

That's what i mean, no one wants to download that and dig through the files

TiavQEl.jpg