Posted (edited)

My level design Case Study 03:
Recreating «KING» map From COD:MW

"King is a multiplayer map featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that is exclusive to the Gunfight mode."
(Source images are taken from callofduty.fandom.com)

2D Drawing, 3D Modeling and Rendering: Rhino v6
(Note: probs are taken from «POLYGON- Battle Royale Pack»)

ViewCapture_20200504_065420PM.thumb.jpg.9ed6e1c68a3c857b483784aab8b4b157.jpg

11.thumb.jpg.5bcc123cb3924f98ecbde59dc71fbfb8.jpg

22.thumb.jpg.bd131561d8a50a0d213fb318b01cb0cd.jpg

See more images here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/YaNGPq

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Edited by Amin Montazeri

Hey Amin.  Very cool presentation once again!

What has been the goal of your case studies?  What are you seeking to understand about the levels you've been recreating?  And what have you learned about them through this process?

I'm not trying to drill you like a professor... I'm just assuming that when you do a 'Case Study', there is something you're wanting to investigate and learn about the specific level, and THAT is what I'm really interested to hear about.  To me, the images are the eye candy, and the primary value comes from the experiences, understandings, and explanations that result from the process, so I'm really eager to hear more about that.

Also, if you do have some insights to share...there was a thread started recently that's wanting to "break down and discuss the special sauce that makes a legendary map for each IP".  I'm sure any feedback you may have gained as a result of your case studies would be much appreciated. 

Here's the thread link: https://www.nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/forums/topic/430-that-je-ne-sais-quoi/&tab=comments#comment-5059

Hi Jeff (I saw this name on etsy.com!🤔),
First of all, Thank you SO MUCH for your time and giving this valuable feedback!🙏🏻

Well, "Recreating" verb comes from my architecture college time, actually! our professors always said: "the only way you can deeply understand what they drafting and building eventually is sketching on their lines!" So, in LD I just follow that way the experienced peoples suggest it WITH remodeling piece by piece of famous and popular levels. I learned a lot of tips and tricks they used in behind the levels so far and yeah... I'm so happy about that 🙂

Also, For newbie level designers like me is too hard to understand the CORE design of levels with just watching their 2D images!

About that thread, you suggest it's better to put my works on that page instead of this "projects" section?

1 hour ago, Amin Montazeri said:

Hi Jeff (I saw this name on etsy.com!🤔),
First of all, Thank you SO MUCH for your time and giving this valuable feedback!🙏🏻

Well, "Recreating" verb comes from my architecture college time, actually! our professors always said: "the only way you can deeply understand what they drafting and building eventually is sketching on their lines!" So, in LD I just follow that way the experienced peoples suggest it WITH remodeling piece by piece of famous and popular levels. I learned a lot of tips and tricks they used in behind the levels so far and yeah... I'm so happy about that 🙂

Also, For newbie level designers like me is too hard to understand the CORE design of levels with just watching their 2D images!

About that thread, you suggest it's better to put my works on that page instead of this "projects" section?

Yes, my name is Jeff.  😀

Your work is just fine in the Projects section, so definitely continue posting them here. 
I only referenced the other thread In case you had become aware of some core attributes of these ‘classic’ levels during your case studies. There’s no need to participate in the thread if you don’t feel you have something of value to add. It was only a suggestion. 😉

24 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

I only referenced the other thread In case you had become aware of some core attributes of these ‘classic’ levels during your case studies. There’s no need to participate in the thread if you don’t feel you have something of value to add. It was only a suggestion. 😉

Oh, sorry! I misunderstood your suggestion!
For sure if I had something to say 🙂