499423634_DarkSouls.jpg.bac648bc9f68f356b9b8366398ea0add.jpg

Dark Souls is a 2011 action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Namco Bandai Games. A spiritual successor to FromSoftware's Demon's Souls, the game is the second instalment in the Souls series. Dark Souls takes place in the fictional kingdom of Lordran, where players assume the role of a cursed undead character who begins a pilgrimage to discover the fate of their kind. A port for Microsoft Windows was released in August 2012, which featured additional content not seen in the original PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions. In October 2012, the new content was made downloadable for consoles, under the subtitle Artorias of the Abyss.

Dark Souls received critical acclaim, with many citing it as one of the greatest video games of all time. Critics praising the depth of its combat, intricate level design, and use of flavor text. However, the game's difficulty received mixed reviews, with some criticizing it for being too unforgiving. The original Windows version of the game was less well-received, with criticism directed at numerous technical issues. By April 2013, the game had sold over two million copies worldwide. The game saw two sequels released in the mid-2010s, while a remastered version, Dark Souls: Remastered, was released in 2018.

FYI, I've moved numerous posts from WAYWO to this newly created thread.  If any of the comments seem to be lacking context, that is why.

I've been taking the time during quarantine to actually play games, lmao.  I'm going through some classics with my 10 year old.  We've gone through Portal & Portal 2.  We played through Halo, and are about 90% through Halo 2.

We've just started a few days ago on Dark Souls.  I bought the Remastered version several months ago, but never had time to dig into it, so this is my/our first play-through.  I totally get why you all love it now!  It's freaking annoying as hell sometimes, but also really satisfying.  The sheer volume of possibilities and size of the game is a little intimidating.  I'm used to only having a couple of hours per week to play games, and could easily see myself being stuck in a single spot for weeks, so that's a bit daunting.  Luckily I have more time than normal right now, so it's a good time to tackle it.  :classic_biggrin:

We're only at Undead Parish right now.  Screw Dark Knights! Yes...I'm a noob and I realize they should probably be really easy, but I just cannot seem to get behind this sucker at the top of the spiral staircase here to backstab him.  :classic_angry:  My dexterity is probably too low because I had no idea how important it was initially.

43 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

I've been taking the time during quarantine to actually play games, lmao.  I'm going through some classics with my 10 year old.  We've gone through Portal & Portal 2.  We played through Halo, and are about 90% through Halo 2.

We've just started a few days ago on Dark Souls.  I bought the Remastered version several months ago, but never had time to dig into it, so this is my/our first play-through.  I totally get why you all love it now!  It's freaking annoying as hell sometimes, but also really satisfying.  The sheer volume of possibilities and size of the game is a little intimidating.  I'm used to only having a couple of hours per week to play games, and could easily see myself being stuck in a single spot for weeks, so that's a bit daunting.  Luckily I have more time than normal right now, so it's a good time to tackle it.  :classic_biggrin:

We're only at Undead Parish right now.  Screw Dark Knights! Yes...I'm a noob and I realize they should probably be really easy, but I just cannot seem to get behind this sucker at the top of the spiral staircase here to backstab him.  :classic_angry:  My dexterity is probably too low because I had no idea how important it was initially.

Oh my god we have so much to talk about you have no idea

Making some good progress on Dark Souls now.  That Dark Knight I referred to earlier sucked, and after getting past him I've been progressing pretty steadily.

I beat the 2 gargoyles on the first go pretty easily.

gargoyles.jpg.5612da3470fa2db03e24a02d111c66b3.jpg

I'm using the Claymore right now, leveled up as far as it goes.  That thing is badass! 

Moving on to the forest in my next session.

2 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Making some good progress on Dark Souls now.  That Dark Knight I referred to earlier sucked, and after getting past him I've been progressing pretty steadily.

I beat the 2 gargoyles on the first go pretty easily.

gargoyles.jpg.5612da3470fa2db03e24a02d111c66b3.jpg

I'm using the Claymore right now, leveled up as far as it goes.  That thing is badass! 

Moving on to the forest in my next session.

My first playthrough was also with the Baemore. Yeah the black knight it totally optional but they can drop one of their weapons which are really, good. I love how once you aggro them they just chase you forever.  Surprised you one shot the gargoyle though. Did you do it solo or did you summon? 

12 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

My first playthrough was also with the Baemore. Yeah the black knight it totally optional but they can drop one of their weapons which are really, good. I love how once you aggro them they just chase you forever.  Surprised you one shot the gargoyle though. Did you do it solo or did you summon? 

Summoned Solaire.  He did a fair bit of damage for me, but primarily was a really good distraction.  :classic_biggrin:

And yeah, those Knights are crazy, lmao.  I'm finally getting a knack for the back whack now, so I could probably have beat him much easier if I had just waited a bit, but whatever.

43 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

Summoned Solaire.  He did a fair bit of damage for me, but primarily was a really good distraction.  :classic_biggrin:

And yeah, those Knights are crazy, lmao.  I'm finally getting a knack for the back whack now, so I could probably have beat him much easier if I had just waited a bit, but whatever.

Those guys honestly stay tough. You just gotta become a parry god. Keep me updated though on your progress, love hearing it. 

1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

I always cheese the first one guarding the ring with black firebombs

I'll try not to turn this thread into 'What did you do in Dark Souls Today?', but here's an update on my progress...
I decided not to go to the forest.  I wandered around for a bit and wrapped up a few things.  I went back to the tutorial area and beat the Knight and Oliver (I think that was his name...).

I defeated Havel. 

havel.jpg.350f0cf56bf0a9f70786fb3f0e02c7e8.jpg

Went through the Lower Undead Burg and beat the Capra Demon. 

355521758_caprademon.jpg.59a2e669642ee4b9f696905434ad5228.jpg

I went through the Depths, which turned out to be a mistake.  I got cursed, didn't have the Purging Stone (or whatever the antidote is called) and then couldn't figure out how to get out because I overlooked a stairway by the Butcher.  🤦‍♂️  I spent much more time than I should have wandering around trying to figure out where I was, only to die and have to try again.

I eventually decided to just try to complete the level with only half HP, and finally beat the Gaping Dragon after figuring out his patterns on about the 5th attempt.

2000494146_gapingdragon.thumb.jpg.6dda1e3e778951bcf1795752f1976b8f.jpg

Next, I'm going to the forest.  Maybe, lmao.

5 hours ago, a Chunk said:

I'll try not to turn this thread into 'What did you do in Dark Souls Today?', but here's an update on my progress...
I decided not to go to the forest.  I wandered around for a bit and wrapped up a few things.  I went back to the tutorial area and beat the Knight and Oliver (I think that was his name...).

I defeated Havel. 

havel.jpg.350f0cf56bf0a9f70786fb3f0e02c7e8.jpg

Went through the Lower Undead Burg and beat the Capra Demon. 

355521758_caprademon.jpg.59a2e669642ee4b9f696905434ad5228.jpg

I went through the Depths, which turned out to be a mistake.  I got cursed, didn't have the Purging Stone (or whatever the antidote is called) and then couldn't figure out how to get out because I overlooked a stairway by the Butcher.  🤦‍♂️  I spent much more time than I should have wandering around trying to figure out where I was, only to die and have to try again.

I eventually decided to just try to complete the level with only half HP, and finally beat the Gaping Dragon after figuring out his patterns on about the 5th attempt.

2000494146_gapingdragon.thumb.jpg.6dda1e3e778951bcf1795752f1976b8f.jpg

Next, I'm going to the forest.  Maybe, lmao.

Please do turn this thread into what you're doing in dark souls lol. I love it. 

Have you cured your curse yet? Really impressive you killed Havel btw good job. Feel free to go wherever your heart desires

15 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Please do turn this thread into what you're doing in dark souls lol. I love it. 

Have you cured your curse yet? Really impressive you killed Havel btw good job. Feel free to go wherever your heart desires

Yeah, immediately after beating the level (and finally finding my way out, lmao) I visited the weirdo under the first Bell of Awakening and bought a Purging Stone.  Havel is pretty straight forward in his attacks.  The times I died to him I was overusing my shield and exhausting my stamina.  Then I'd get destroyed.  Once I started dropping my shield when it wasn't needed, it wasn't too difficult to just block or avoid his attack, circle behind, and back stab him.  It did take me a while to figure him out though.  I was probably close to 10 attempts before finally taking him down.

Yesterday I did indeed enter the forest.  Beat the Moonlight Butterfly and the Hydra.

1614039018_moonlightbutterfly.jpg.8763ba9f30235438e079d416b8df1557.jpg

hydra.thumb.jpg.d3281a68819d8b39083074e32cf4969f.jpg

I had leveled up enough to make this level relatively easy.  I died 3 or 4 times, all from falling off of cliffs.  The enemies didn't give me much trouble.  There's an area I didn't go through yet (the door with the light), so I'll need to return at some point.  If I play through the game again at some point, I'll probably do the Darkroot Forest before the Depths, since I found the forest to be relatively easy and the depths kind of sucked.  They'd probably play better in the other order.  Plus with the Depths being connected to Blighttown, it makes sense to do forest --> depths --> blighttown.  It all worked out okay the way I did it this time, but it was definitely a weird order in retrospect. 

I'm also just starting to fully understand what all the leveling categories impact in the game.  I was initially thinking that Dexterity affected movement, but now realized that it's actually Endurance and Equipment Load (reading ftw!).  Also starting to comprehend more of the detailed stats, like certain shields being more resistant to specific things.  So it's all starting to make a bit more sense now.  Kind of gets my brains turning, thinking about all the different types of approaches of going through the game that are possible.  I haven't really even touched magic at this point, and it's clear that it would be possible to have a heavy focus on that for an entire run through (and that's just one of the most obvious examples).

Anyway, I'm probably moving on to Blighttown next.

6 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Yeah, immediately after beating the level (and finally finding my way out, lmao) I visited the weirdo under the first Bell of Awakening and bought a Purging Stone.  Havel is pretty straight forward in his attacks.  The times I died to him I was overusing my shield and exhausting my stamina.  Then I'd get destroyed.  Once I started dropping my shield when it wasn't needed, it wasn't too difficult to just block or avoid his attack, circle behind, and back stab him.  It did take me a while to figure him out though.  I was probably close to 10 attempts before finally taking him down.

Yesterday I did indeed enter the forest.  Beat the Moonlight Butterfly and the Hydra.

1614039018_moonlightbutterfly.jpg.8763ba9f30235438e079d416b8df1557.jpg

hydra.thumb.jpg.d3281a68819d8b39083074e32cf4969f.jpg

I had leveled up enough to make this level relatively easy.  I died 3 or 4 times, all from falling off of cliffs.  The enemies didn't give me much trouble.  There's an area I didn't go through yet (the door with the light), so I'll need to return at some point.  If I play through the game again at some point, I'll probably do the Darkroot Forest before the Depths, since I found the forest to be relatively easy and the depths kind of sucked.  They'd probably play better in the other order.  Plus with the Depths being connected to Blighttown, it makes sense to do forest --> depths --> blighttown.  It all worked out okay the way I did it this time, but it was definitely a weird order in retrospect. 

I'm also just starting to fully understand what all the leveling categories impact in the game.  I was initially thinking that Dexterity affected movement, but now realized that it's actually Endurance and Equipment Load (reading ftw!).  Also starting to comprehend more of the detailed stats, like certain shields being more resistant to specific things.  So it's all starting to make a bit more sense now.  Kind of gets my brains turning, thinking about all the different types of approaches of going through the game that are possible.  I haven't really even touched magic at this point, and it's clear that it would be possible to have a heavy focus on that for an entire run through (and that's just one of the most obvious examples).

Anyway, I'm probably moving on to Blighttown next.

It's been 6 hours where's my update.

Yeah the leveling system is like not explained at all lmao but you learn to love that about souls and its dogshit menus.  Every weapon will have a rank on certain attributes, like A in strength and C in Dexterity.  That means that by leveling up strength, the weapon will benefit more from strength than dexterity.  Depending on what you've been putting your points into will determine how much damage certain weapons do in your hands, or whether or not you even possess the necessary amount of points to properly wield them at all (some of the heavy weapons require a lot of strength just to run with them).  Dump points into vitality, endurance, strength, and dex your first playthrough.  Don't bother with luck or the resistance based one I forget what it's called.

Also good luck with Blighttown, it's what made me quit Dark Souls the first time I played it.

Are you on the og, or the remaster?

34 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

It's been 6 hours where's my update.

Yeah the leveling system is like not explained at all lmao but you learn to love that about souls and its dogshit menus.  Every weapon will have a rank on certain attributes, like A in strength and C in Dexterity.  That means that by leveling up strength, the weapon will benefit more from strength than dexterity.  Depending on what you've been putting your points into will determine how much damage certain weapons do in your hands, or whether or not you even possess the necessary amount of points to properly wield them at all (some of the heavy weapons require a lot of strength just to run with them).  Dump points into vitality, endurance, strength, and dex your first playthrough.  Don't bother with luck or the resistance based one I forget what it's called.

Also good luck with Blighttown, it's what made me quit Dark Souls the first time I played it.

Are you on the og, or the remaster?

Thanks for the explanation.  That's really helpful.  I saw the letters but didn't know exactly what they meant.

I only have the remastered version.  I'm not sure if there are any differences between the 2 versions?

I watched part of a walkthrough of Blighttown to get an idea of what I'm heading into.  It looks like a major pain.  Hopefully it won't be too frustrating.

I may actually start posting updates in a separate thread.  We have the Games Discussion forum for things exactly like this.  It would be nice to document it all in one place, and have discussions on the game well preserved and easy to locate.  I'll post a link in here if/when I do that.

2 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

Thanks for the explanation.  That's really helpful.  I saw the letters but didn't know exactly what they meant.

I only have the remastered version.  I'm not sure if there are any differences between the 2 versions?

I watched part of a walkthrough of Blighttown to get an idea of what I'm heading into.  It looks like a major pain.  Hopefully it won't be too frustrating.

I may actually start posting updates in a separate thread.  We have the Games Discussion forum for things exactly like this.  It would be nice to document it all in one place, and have discussions on the game well preserved and easy to locate.  I'll post a link in here if/when I do that.

The original has notoriously awful framrate in Blighttown, like down to single digits sometimes.  I ask because I consider it part of the true Dark Souls experience ahaha so a lot of us had to deal with that on top of all the other annoyances of Blighttown lmao.  It was quite the experience. Good luck! And try to avoid looking stuff up whenever you can, I know how frustrating that can be in a game like this but.. future you will thank present you.  That being said, I'm glad you're playing it.

12 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Before you go into blight town stock up on purple moss clumps, you can farm them off those weed wacker guys in the forest

TiavQEl.jpg

48 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Before you go into blight town stock up on purple moss clumps, you can farm them off those weed wacker guys in the forest

I was unintentionally pretty well stocked up on those (I think I started with 9).   Unfortunately, on my first run I got made toxic and didn't figure out I needed to use the Purple Blooming Moss fast enough, so I died.  I made it all the way to the second Fire on my 3rd attempt, and then had to stop playing.  I'll pick it up from there next time.  I'm thinking I must be pretty close to the end of the level since I'm all the way to the bottom?  So yeah, I feel pretty fortunate to have gotten that far that early on.

Though I'm not done with it yet, I have to say that Blighttown is a REALLY interesting level.  It does the opposite of everything I would feel inclined to do as a designer, and yet somehow still works pretty well.  I tend to be really calm and relaxed when I play games, even in parts that are meant to be intense, but this level has had me completely on edge all throughout.  Like seriously paranoid about those frickin invisible archers.  Then you've got the random areas where there's a really thin walkway, so I walk across it super carefully thinking it's going to lead me somewhere, and it's a freaking dead end.  And then you have the enemies with attack patterns that seem initially to be very random (they're probably not random, but I'm still confused by them).  Also attacking in groups sometimes, and other times not.  It's like the most counter intuitive thing ever.  But it all creates this feeling of oppression and dread that's very befitting of the name of the area.  Really interesting.

And btw, the frame rate is really smooth on the remastered version.  I've not noticed a single frame drop.  I can totally see why it would have been an issue on this level, and I'm glad I've not had to deal with it.  

3 hours ago, a Chunk said:

I was unintentionally pretty well stocked up on those (I think I started with 9).   Unfortunately, on my first run I got made toxic and didn't figure out I needed to use the Purple Blooming Moss fast enough, so I died.  I made it all the way to the second Fire on my 3rd attempt, and then had to stop playing.  I'll pick it up from there next time.  I'm thinking I must be pretty close to the end of the level since I'm all the way to the bottom?  So yeah, I feel pretty fortunate to have gotten that far that early on.

Though I'm not done with it yet, I have to say that Blighttown is a REALLY interesting level.  It does the opposite of everything I would feel inclined to do as a designer, and yet somehow still works pretty well.  I tend to be really calm and relaxed when I play games, even in parts that are meant to be intense, but this level has had me completely on edge all throughout.  Like seriously paranoid about those frickin invisible archers.  Then you've got the random areas where there's a really thin walkway, so I walk across it super carefully thinking it's going to lead me somewhere, and it's a freaking dead end.  And then you have the enemies with attack patterns that seem initially to be very random (they're probably not random, but I'm still confused by them).  Also attacking in groups sometimes, and other times not.  It's like the most counter intuitive thing ever.  But it all creates this feeling of oppression and dread that's very befitting of the name of the area.  Really interesting.

And btw, the frame rate is really smooth on the remastered version.  I've not noticed a single frame drop.  I can totally see why it would have been an issue on this level, and I'm glad I've not had to deal with it.  

If you made it down to the bottom and found the bonfire on your third try then you're way, better than I was in your position. I was stuck there for so long with an under leveled claymore, so even the little guys took like 4 hits. I would always be slipping and falling off or getting cornered or poisoned and they the mosquitos are really hard to hit and those stupid spiders take up the whole god damn path and the frame rate is like 1 and then I'm at the bottom and the floor is poison and these fatasses are throwing boulders at me and I'm dying and didn't even find the bonfire until like my 4th time down there lol. 

I was building lights in a map for about 12 hours today so I got to actually play video games for the first time in a while. I finished up NieR and then started my first play through in dark souls remastered. Got decently far (won't say where just so I don't ruin anything for chunk), using the Gravelords great sword which is aweesomeee

Well I spoke too soon... I got my ass handed to me in Blighttown.  😭

Me and my step son are each doing separate playthroughs of the game.  He was playing through the Depths yesterday, and asked me where he can get the large titanite shards to upgrade his weapon more.  I thought 'Hmm...that's a good question, and I need some too', so I went online to investigate.  I found that probably the best place is the slugs that can be found exactly where I was at in Blighttown.  I took it as a stroke of luck that I found this out before going any further in the level.  So when I loaded up my game yesterday evening, of course the first thing I did was start farming those slugs for the titanite, which all went well.  But...as part of the demonstration of farming the titanite, the video I had watched also that there was a secret pathway in that same area which leads into the Great Hollow.  So of course I had to go check that out too, after I was done farming.  Big mistake.  I saw some glowing items and HAD to try to get them.  I picked up a couple of them and was going to head back to Blighttown, but then could NOT figure out how to get out of that place the way I had come in.  For reference for those who aren't familiar, it's a basically a huge tree, with branches that you walk on weaving over, under, and through each other.

great-hollow-2.jpg

I had to drop down to lower branches to pick up the glowing items, and then realized there's not a quick, easy, or obvious route back up.  So instead of using a Homeward Bone and getting back to my fire in Blighttown, I just kept walking around.  I stumbled across some basilisks and got freaking cursed again, lmao.  

Anyway, eventually my brain decided to start functioning again and I used a homeward bone.  Without another purging stone, I couldn't cure my curse, so I'm at half HP.  Decided to attempt finishing the level that way.  Of course I can't reverse hollowing in a cursed state, so can't summon any help, and have to go it alone.  I gave it about 5 tries.  On the final try I actually felt like I did really good, but I still only managed to get the boss down to half HP.  Adding to my dilemna, my weapon is breaking down, and is noticeably weaker.  I do less damage, which means I need many more hits on the boss than would have otherwise been required.

I weighed all of my options, concluded that I have VERY little chance of competing the level in my current situation, and decided to find my way out, get a few Purging Stones and upgrade my weapon, and then try again.  Of course, getting out is easier said than done.  I must have died about 15 times, lmao, and I'm still not out.  I keep getting lost.  Have made it back to the first fire, but had to call it a night.  I'll be working on getting myself out today.

2 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Well I spoke too soon... I got my ass handed to me in Blighttown.  😭

Me and my step son are each doing separate playthroughs of the game.  He was playing through the Depths yesterday, and asked me where he can get the large titanite shards to upgrade his weapon more.  I thought 'Hmm...that's a good question, and I need some too', so I went online to investigate.  I found that probably the best place is the slugs that can be found exactly where I was at in Blighttown.  I took it as a stroke of luck that I found this out before going any further in the level.  So when I loaded up my game yesterday evening, of course the first thing I did was start farming those slugs for the titanite, which all went well.  But...as part of the demonstration of farming the titanite, the video I had watched also that there was a secret pathway in that same area which leads into the Great Hollow.  So of course I had to go check that out too, after I was done farming.  Big mistake.  I saw some glowing items and HAD to try to get them.  I picked up a couple of them and was going to head back to Blighttown, but then could NOT figure out how to get out of that place the way I had come in.  For reference for those who aren't familiar, it's a basically a huge tree, with branches that you walk on weaving over, under, and through each other.

great-hollow-2.jpg

I had to drop down to lower branches to pick up the glowing items, and then realized there's not a quick, easy, or obvious route back up.  So instead of using a Homeward Bone and getting back to my fire in Blighttown, I just kept walking around.  I stumbled across some basilisks and got freaking cursed again, lmao.  

Anyway, eventually my brain decided to start functioning again and I used a homeward bone.  Without another purging stone, I couldn't cure my curse, so I'm at half HP.  Decided to attempt finishing the level that way.  Of course I can't reverse hollowing in a cursed state, so can't summon any help, and have to go it alone.  I gave it about 5 tries.  On the final try I actually felt like I did really good, but I still only managed to get the boss down to half HP.  Adding to my dilemna, my weapon is breaking down, and is noticeably weaker.  I do less damage, which means I need many more hits on the boss than would have otherwise been required.

I weighed all of my options, concluded that I have VERY little chance of competing the level in my current situation, and decided to find my way out, get a few Purging Stones and upgrade my weapon, and then try again.  Of course, getting out is easier said than done.  I must have died about 15 times, lmao, and I'm still not out.  I keep getting lost.  Have made it back to the first fire, but had to call it a night.  I'll be working on getting myself out today.

You have no idea what a sick pleasure I get out of reading people's blight town experiences ahaha it's a DS thing. As someone who ALSO spent a long time escaping blight town last night, good luck. Head up the giant wheel. 

Dark souls has this really unique thing where there's no fast travel for a while so, if you get lost, as you are - you actually have to find your way out. And it's a really cool and unique feeling you won't find in any other game. 

If I were you I'd head out using the wooden lift, go clean yourself, buy an repair box from the merchant in the undead burg so you can repair your weapons at any bonfire, upgrade what you can, and head back in using the back way you escaped. I have a feeling you've been climbing up the way you came in though. Good luck 🙂

Also you might have lightning resin in your inventory. There's not a huge abundance of it in the game but you should use it if you're trying to melt a boss. Equip it a slot to the side of your esthus flask so you can down-dpad to it quickly, hit X to apply it to your weapon, and you'll have about a minute or so of considerably increased damage. Also don't forget that two handing a weapon provides considerable bonus damage over one handing so if you're not using the shield in that boss fight, just two hand it with lightning resin and watch the boss melt. Dark souls is really good about not having a bunch of artificial caps on this stuff so if you've got like 6 parts of your kit that should boost damage, the game will do it lol and you'll see it. It's very noticeable especially considering enemies in dark souls are NOT tanky at all (because it's a well designed game) so everything dies relatively quick anyways. 

Make sure you're not fat rolling and you've got at least a mid roll going (I feel obligated to say this I've seen new players fat roll their way through this game). And armor bonuses are noticeable, so if you've picked up armor with fire resistance along the way to that boss Quelag, maybe think about equipping it. 

41 minutes ago, purely fat said:

Club is the best weapon in the game. Don't @ me.

I was watching a speed runner / no hit run last night and they were using the club so I believe you. 

13 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Chunk it's been 20 minutes where's my god damn Dark Souls update I need to feed off your misery. 

lmao.  I just grilled some steak, fried some rice, and mixed up pink lemonade for my lunch.  Now I need to work it off.  Going to this strange and perilous land called 'outside' to work up a sweat.  The only update I have is that my step son keeps rage quitting after about every 30 minutes of play.  He has his hands full trying to get through the depths.  Keeps getting lost without finding the fire.  And he go cursed.