Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

 

lmao.  I just grilled some steak, fried some rice, and mixed up pink lemonade for my lunch.  Now I need to work it off.  Going to this strange and perilous land called 'outside' to work up a sweat.  The only update I have is that my step son keeps rage quitting after about every 30 minutes of play.  He has his hands full trying to get through the depths.  Keeps getting lost without finding the fire.  And he go cursed.

Ah, he's already on his way to going hollow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Also you might have lightning resin in your inventory. There's not a huge abundance of it in the game but you should use it if you're trying to melt a boss. Equip it a slot to the side of your esthus flask so you can down-dpad to it quickly, hit X to apply it to your weapon, and you'll have about a minute or so of considerably increased damage. Also don't forget that two handing a weapon provides considerable bonus damage over one handing so if you're not using the shield in that boss fight, just two hand it with lightning resin and watch the boss melt. Dark souls is really good about not having a bunch of artificial caps on this stuff so if you've got like 6 parts of your kit that should boost damage, the game will do it lol and you'll see it. It's very noticeable especially considering enemies in dark souls are NOT tanky at all (because it's a well designed game) so everything dies relatively quick anyways. 

 

Make sure you're not fat rolling and you've got at least a mid roll going (I feel obligated to say this I've seen new players fat roll their way through this game). And armor bonuses are noticeable, so if you've picked up armor with fire resistance along the way to that boss Quelag, maybe think about equipping it. 

 

Okay, let's see if I can recreate my lost post from earlier today.  I knew about the resin for lightning.  Unfortunately, I used it earlier in the game against the Taurus Demon.  That didn't go so well.  The weapon worked fine, but I had set up the resin in my inventory right next to my Estus Flask.  Mid-fight I was spamming the button to use Estus, wondering why it wasn't working, and then just realized I had used up all of my Pine Resin.  So yeah, that's gone, hahahaha.

 

I figured out the importance of being able to move quickly pretty early on.  For my initial battles against Quelaag, I equipped Havel's Ring so that I didn't need to worry about Equipment Load.  I also did think of equipping the most fire resistant armor I have after the first battle with her.  I have the poison resistant Black Armor pieces equipped on the way to the fight, and then am changing to the fire resistant stuff right before entering the boss battle.

 

Thanks for the guidance on getting out of Blighttown.  Unfortunately, I was already all the way back to the first fire, so there was no sense in reversing my direction.  Also, I played for about an hour first thing this morning, and managed to get out on my own pretty quickly.  I will definitely keep that shortcut route in mind in the future though.  I'm sure it will come in handy at some point.

 

After getting out of Blighttown, I went to visit Oliver again, purchased 3 Purging Stones and cured my curse.  I also visited Andre and got all of the kits that allow me to upgrade stuff at fires.  I definitely see the value in that now.  I've upgraded the Claymore to Raw +3.  I have no idea what 'Raw' means, or if that was the right choice, but it's done now.  It seems to be doing really good damage.  In just a bit, I'm going to hop on and work on beating Quelaag.  I'm not sure where I'll be heading after that.  Anyone have a suggestion?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

 

Okay, let's see if I can recreate my lost post from earlier today.  I knew about the resin for lightning.  Unfortunately, I used it earlier in the game against the Taurus Demon.  That didn't go so well.  The weapon worked fine, but I had set up the resin in my inventory right next to my Estus Flask.  Mid-fight I was spamming the button to use Estus, wondering why it wasn't working, and then just realized I had used up all of my Pine Resin.  So yeah, that's gone, hahahaha.

 

I figured out the importance of being able to move quickly pretty early on.  For my initial battles against Quelaag, I equipped Havel's Ring so that I didn't need to worry about Equipment Load.  I also did think of equipping the most fire resistant armor I have after the first battle with her.  I have the poison resistant Black Armor pieces equipped on the way to the fight, and then am changing to the fire resistant stuff right before entering the boss battle.

 

Thanks for the guidance on getting out of Blighttown.  Unfortunately, I was already all the way back to the first fire, so there was no sense in reversing my direction.  Also, I played for about an hour first thing this morning, and managed to get out on my own pretty quickly.  I will definitely keep that shortcut route in mind in the future though.  I'm sure it will come in handy at some point.

 

After getting out of Blighttown, I went to visit Oliver again, purchased 3 Purging Stones and cured my curse.  I also visited Andre and got all of the kits that allow me to upgrade stuff at fires.  I definitely see the value in that now.  I've upgraded the Claymore to Raw +3.  I have no idea what 'Raw' means, or if that was the right choice, but it's done now.  It seems to be doing really good damage.  In just a bit, I'm going to hop on and work on beating Quelaag.  I'm not sure where I'll be heading after that.  Anyone have a suggestion?

You'll have a lot of options 🙂 I'll let you choose, but going forward after her might not be the best bet, yet.

 

If you ever get lost in the down-d-pad actions, just hold the down button, it'll set it back to the esthus flask.

 

Raw means the weapon will not take your stat attributes into account and instead scale on its own.  It's good for using on weapons, that  scale based on stats you haven't invested into.  Like if I've put all my points into dex, but now I want to use this strength weapon with only 20 points or so I'd use a rawr gem on it. But its worse than using something that does take stats into account if you've properly invested. I think you're fine for now early game but later in the game you'll start to see the ramifications as the damage plateaus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

You'll have a lot of options 🙂 I'll let you choose, but going forward after her might not be the best bet, yet.

 

If you ever get lost in the down-d-pad actions, just hold the down button, it'll set it back to the esthus flask.

 

Raw means the weapon will not take your stat attributes into account and instead scale on its own.  It's good for using on weapons, that  scale based on stats you haven't invested into.  Like if I've put all my points into dex, but now I want to use this strength weapon with only 20 points or so I'd use a rawr gem on it. But its worse than using something that does take stats into account if you've properly invested. I think you're fine for now early game but later in the game you'll start to see the ramifications as the damage plateaus.

 

That Estus trick is really good to know.  Definitely will be helpful.

 

Thanks for the explanation on Weapon Upgrades.  Based upon your explanation, I wish I wouldn't have done the raw upgrade.  Oh well, I have plenty of other weapon options if I need something more powerful.

 

I beat Quelaag on my first attempt this time, taking virtually zero damage. 

latest?cb=20130405231049

 

And yeah, decided not to go into the Demon Ruins.  Even with the pointer you gave me, it took me a while to find my way back out of Blighttown, but I made it finally.

I've bought the Crest of Artorius, so I may head back into Darkroot Garden and go through that area next.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

 

That Estus trick is really good to know.  Definitely will be helpful.

 

Thanks for the explanation on Weapon Upgrades.  Based upon your explanation, I wish I wouldn't have done the raw upgrade.  Oh well, I have plenty of other weapon options if I need something more powerful.

 

I beat Quelaag on my first attempt this time, taking virtually zero damage. 

latest?cb=20130405231049

 

And yeah, decided not to go into the Demon Ruins.  Even with the pointer you gave me, it took me a while to find my way back out of Blighttown, but I made it finally.

I've bought the Crest of Artorius, so I may head back into Darkroot Garden and go through that area next.

Just did that earlier today before I got off. That area is cool as well.  It's probably a little bit higher level than you're at considering what you've completed at this point in the game so just be aware the scaling there will be a little more aggressive. 

 

I believe once you find other gems you can remove the current gem from the weapon, and then apply a new one? You can lightning infuse a weapon which is really good because basically everything in the game is weak to lightning, it'll shred. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to be posting videos in this thread to explain aspects of the game I'm learning about as I go along, or any other related videos I find interesting.

 

I watched some stuff about 'Humanity' shortly after starting the game, but it didn't make sense to me.  Once getting past the first few sections of the game as a new player, it's going to be a good time to make sure you understand this well.  Here's a video that explains it pretty well.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Walkthrough playlists...  As @MultiLockOn mentioned earlier in the thread, it's really best to experience Dark Souls as you play it.  I personally used these as a reference for the first few sections of the game, but have since stopped following them, and am enjoying experiencing and learning the levels and bosses as I go along (it's always more rewarding to learn something on your own rather than by watching someone else). 

 

I would recommend ONLY using these series as references if you get really, REALLY stuck somewhere, to the point that you're ready to give up.  Alternatively, if you already completed the game and are doing a replay, it's probably a good way to learn about items that can be useful for specific builds, as the videos cover a lot of details that may not initially be obvious. 

 

Dark Souls Remastered Walkthrough

Dark Souls Expert Walkthrough!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, purely fat said:

@a Chunk the less armor you wear the I-Frames you can get. Outside of a few boss fights going with as little armor as possible can be the best option. As you can play the game faster.

 

Hmm...good to know.  I went through some sections with virtually no armor before getting Havel's Ring because of the improved movement speed.  Is there still a noticeable advantage to wearing less armor when I have Havel's Ring equipped?  Or does that produce the same effect?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

 

Hmm...good to know.  I went through some sections with virtually no armor before getting Havel's Ring because of the improved movement speed.  Is there still a noticeable advantage to wearing less armor when I have Havel's Ring equipped?  Or does that produce the same effect?

There's 3 roll speeds (well, 4 actually). Light medium and heavy. Anything over 50% carry weight will make you fat roll. I believe under 25% will make you light roll, which is really nice. You can use havels ring to help you lower your percentage if you're trying to get it to a certain point. I usually just midroll because I like how the elite knight armor set looks. 

 

There's a special ring you can get called the wood grain ring (it's actually behind that wall in the forest you're going to) but you need to join a covenant in there and do some stuff.  It'll turn your light rolls into these flipping cartwheels that have even more invincibility frames, but only your light rolls so it still requires low equip percentage. You can look up videos on how to get it easily if you'd like, I think there's an NPC in that forest you want to kick over the edge  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

There's 3 roll speeds (well, 4 actually). Light medium and heavy. Anything over 50% carry weight will make you fat roll. I believe under 25% will make you light roll, which is really nice. You can use havels ring to help you lower your percentage if you're trying to get it to a certain point. I usually just midroll because I like how the elite knight armor set looks. 

 

There's a special ring you can get called the wood grain ring (it's actually behind that wall in the forest you're going to) but you need to join a covenant in there and do some stuff.  It'll turn your light rolls into these flipping cartwheels that have even more invincibility frames, but only your light rolls so it still requires low equip percentage. You can look up videos on how to get it easily if you'd like, I think there's an NPC in that forest you want to kick over the edge  

 

I found it.  Someone in the forest attacked me before I saw them, I killed him, and I got the ring.  I had joined the covenant with that cat already.

You may be right about going to this area a bit too early.  I've been able to clear a lot of the enemies, but I mostly stayed away from the mushroom looking dudes because I'm nervous attacking them when there are so many nearby.  I fought the one huge cat (?), got his HP really low, and then 2 others appear out of nowhere (WTF!).  I ran like hell and got away.  I think it's pretty much impossible for me to take on 3 of them at once, because I had my hands full just with the one.  I feel like I covered most of the area, but I haven't been able to find the boss of this area.

Any pointers on which area the boss is in?  Do I need to beat the 3 cats, or whatever they are?

 

 

1 hour ago, purely fat said:

There is also the FAP ring which helps. 

Basically, with the light rolls you can learn to time enemy attacks and roll right through them.

 

Yes sir, I've got that one equipped.  :classic_biggrin:

 

Still working on incorporating more rolls.  I find that I don't use them much when facing enemies one on one, but they're pretty much a necessity when facing multiple enemies at once.  I'm really not comfortable facing multiple enemies at one time right now, so I'll need to keep working on that.  I'm also not at all comfortable parrying.  Need to probably practice that on some of the weaker enemies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, a Chunk said:

 

I found it.  Someone in the forest attacked me before I saw them, I killed him, and I got the ring.  I had joined the covenant with that cat already.

You may be right about going to this area a bit too early.  I've been able to clear a lot of the enemies, but I mostly stayed away from the mushroom looking dudes because I'm nervous attacking them when there are so many nearby.  I fought the one huge cat (?), got his HP really low, and then 2 others appear out of nowhere (WTF!).  I ran like hell and got away.  I think it's pretty much impossible for me to take on 3 of them at once, because I had my hands full just with the one.  I feel like I covered most of the area, but I haven't been able to find the boss of this area.

Any pointers on which area the boss is in?  Do I need to beat the 3 cats, or whatever they are?

 

 

 

Yes sir, I've got that one equipped.  :classic_biggrin:

 

Still working on incorporating more rolls.  I find that I don't use them much when facing enemies one on one, but they're pretty much a necessity when facing multiple enemies at once.  I'm really not comfortable facing multiple enemies at one time right now, so I'll need to keep working on that.  I'm also not at all comfortable parrying.  Need to probably practice that on some of the weaker enemies.

You should just keep heading in a straight line after you enter the forest, can't miss it. It's likely you probably just got turned around amidst all the trees and didn't realize it. 

 

1 hour ago, Jake Stegmeier | MartianMallCop said:

@MultiLockOn I think you'll like this

 

Aw shit son.  Edit: I've seen this before, but it is a great video. Chunk don't watch it yet lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched about a minute of the video, and then got interrupted.  I'll have to remember to come back to it once I'm further on in the game.

 

I did end up finding Sif.  I had seen the door before, from the ridge directly above it, but missed the pathway that allows you to walk down there.  🤦‍♂️

 

Before I get to Sif though, updates on other aspects of this area...  I had joined the Cats Covenant, but then didn't realize it made all of the forest people no longer attack me.  I thought it was some kind of glitch causing the dudes immediately past that area not to see/attack me, so I just attacked them, lmao.  I got booted out of the covenant, and now they all attack me like crazy people.  The one bonus to this is that they're great for farming souls, giving about 2000 souls each.

 

I visited the marshmallow/mushroom people and killed the two big ones.  I died on my first attempt when the second one was 1-hit.  Beat them on the second attempt.

I then went for the cat/rat things.  Those things SUCK!  Finally managed to kill all of them after a few attempts.  I was able to run off to a place where I could fight them one at a time, which makes it considerably easier obviously.  It felt like a waste thought honestly.  I was expecting to get something from them other than the souls.

 

I then headed on to fight Sif.  It feels so wrong to attack a dog.  😢  I beat him on the third attempt relatively easily.  On the first attempt I learned 2 things really quickly - It's virtually impossible to run away to heal because of the amount of space it can cover quickly, and blocking with a shield is not very effective. With this in mind, I changed things up on my second attempt.  I removed my shield and 2-handed my weapon, and I made myself as light as possible and equipped the Wood Grain Ring (that thing is awesome!).  During the battle, instead of trying to keep my distance, I tried to stay as close as possible (right under Sif basically), and just roll whenever he/she swiped with the sword.  This worked really well, and I managed to get Sif down to less than half HP, even having made several mistakes during the fight.  On the third attempt I had to heal a couple of times, but came out victorious without ever being in any real danger.

 

With that area completed (I think?), I decided to work on upgrading my weapon more.  I converted it from Raw back to normal, and upgraded it to +8.  I need to get some more Large Titanite Shards to upgrade it more.  My next plan is to work on farming some of that (though I'm not really keen on re-visiting Blighttown at the moment), maybe go back to the Depths and farm some Humanity also, and also continue leveling up my character.  No idea what area I'll head to next at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, a Chunk said:

I watched about a minute of the video, and then got interrupted.  I'll have to remember to come back to it once I'm further on in the game.

 

I did end up finding Sif.  I had seen the door before, from the ridge directly above it, but missed the pathway that allows you to walk down there.  🤦‍♂️

 

Before I get to Sif though, updates on other aspects of this area...  I had joined the Cats Covenant, but then didn't realize it made all of the forest people no longer attack me.  I thought it was some kind of glitch causing the dudes immediately past that area not to see/attack me, so I just attacked them, lmao.  I got booted out of the covenant, and now they all attack me like crazy people.  The one bonus to this is that they're great for farming souls, giving about 2000 souls each.

 

I visited the marshmallow/mushroom people and killed the two big ones.  I died on my first attempt when the second one was 1-hit.  Beat them on the second attempt.

I then went for the cat/rat things.  Those things SUCK!  Finally managed to kill all of them after a few attempts.  I was able to run off to a place where I could fight them one at a time, which makes it considerably easier obviously.  It felt like a waste thought honestly.  I was expecting to get something from them other than the souls.

 

I then headed on to fight Sif.  It feels so wrong to attack a dog.  😢  I beat him on the third attempt relatively easily.  On the first attempt I learned 2 things really quickly - It's virtually impossible to run away to heal because of the amount of space it can cover quickly, and blocking with a shield is not very effective. With this in mind, I changed things up on my second attempt.  I removed my shield and 2-handed my weapon, and I made myself as light as possible and equipped the Wood Grain Ring (that thing is awesome!).  During the battle, instead of trying to keep my distance, I tried to stay as close as possible (right under Sif basically), and just roll whenever he/she swiped with the sword.  This worked really well, and I managed to get Sif down to less than half HP, even having made several mistakes during the fight.  On the third attempt I had to heal a couple of times, but came out victorious without ever being in any real danger.

 

With that area completed (I think?), I decided to work on upgrading my weapon more.  I converted it from Raw back to normal, and upgraded it to +8.  I need to get some more Large Titanite Shards to upgrade it more.  My next plan is to work on farming some of that (though I'm not really keen on re-visiting Blighttown at the moment), maybe go back to the Depths and farm some Humanity also, and also continue leveling up my character.  No idea what area I'll head to next at this point.

Sens fortress is the intended route, the bridge across from the smith 🙂

 

If you want to sequence break there's always demon ruins as you've been there, or New Londo (idk if you've been there yet).  Or past the graveyard behind firelink. There's also a way you could get out of Firelink that I don't think you've discovered yet that brings you somewhere. That's all I'll say 🙂  There's also a small optional area at the bottom of Blighttown but, it can really be reached at any time. 

 

But Sens Fortress is the intended route. And honestly I want to watch you do it ahaha you should mixer stream this stuff I'd watch it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

Sens fortress is the intended route, the bridge across from the smith 🙂

 

If you want to sequence break there's always demon ruins as you've been there, or New Londo (idk if you've been there yet).  Or past the graveyard behind firelink. There's also a way you could get out of Firelink that I don't think you've discovered yet that brings you somewhere. That's all I'll say 🙂  There's also a small optional area at the bottom of Blighttown but, it can really be reached at any time. 

 

But Sens Fortress is the intended route. And honestly I want to watch you do it ahaha you should mixer stream this stuff I'd watch it. 

 

Aha! My stepson keeps telling me I should make YouTube videos of me playing through the game, lmao.  I honestly don't even know if I own a headset/mic for my xbox anymore.  It's been so long since I've used one...  Anyway, most of the fun of watching people play stuff is hearing their reactions, and talking while playing isn't really my forte.  I feel like it would take away some of my enjoyment.

 

I stuck my head into Sens Fortress a little bit.  Those snakes at the beginning kind of scared me off from investigating further.  Though I did farm them for souls a little bit since they give 500 each and are right by the bonfire.  I may give that area a try.  😉

 

I haven't found New Londo yet. 

I know about the Catacombs (I think that's the name of the area bast the graveyard).  Haven't gone in there at all yet though really. 

For the area at the bottom of Blighttown, are you referring to 'The Great Hollow'?  Been there already.  It was a pain in the ass, and I'm not really eager to go back right now.

I may know about the other way out of Firelink that you're referring to...  Where you pretend to be an egg?  I actually found that nest pretty early on.  But maybe you're referring to something else?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

 

Aha! My stepson keeps telling me I should make YouTube videos of me playing through the game, lmao.  I honestly don't even know if I own a headset/mic for my xbox anymore.  It's been so long since I've used one...  Anyway, most of the fun of watching people play stuff is hearing their reactions, and talking while playing isn't really my forte.  I feel like it would take away some of my enjoyment.

 

I stuck my head into Sens Fortress a little bit.  Those snakes at the beginning kind of scared me off from investigating further.  Though I did farm them for souls a little bit since they give 500 each and are right by the bonfire.  I may give that area a try.  😉

 

I haven't found New Londo yet. 

I know about the Catacombs (I think that's the name of the area bast the graveyard).  Haven't gone in there at all yet though really. 

For the area at the bottom of Blighttown, are you referring to 'The Great Hollow'?  Been there already.  It was a pain in the ass, and I'm not really eager to go back right now.

I may know about the other way out of Firelink that you're referring to...  Where you pretend to be an egg?  I actually found that nest pretty early on.  But maybe you're referring to something else?

Yup it was the nest. And the great hollow.

 

GOOD LUCK with Sens lol it's like my second favorite area. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally have an update...

 

I've completed Sens Fortress.  I died a LOT, lol.  It's actually not that bad, but the learning curve was pretty steep for me.  It primarily was a matter of learning my way around, and how/where/when to engage enemies.  The enemies themselves are not particularly difficult, which is good because there's plenty of other things that make this level difficult.  The biggest irritation for me was actually the damn boulders.

 

1780448-ds__10_.jpg

 

I had to turn off the game a couple of times because they were bothering me so much.  The most infuriating thing was actually that you take damage even if you walk into them when they're not moving (or barely moving).  That's one of the only truly BS things I've encountered in the game so far that really irritated me, and is the primary reason it took me a few days to complete the area.  The other traps were all relatively simple to pick up on, aside from the Mimic chest.

 

The Iron Golem was a pushover.  First time facing him, I rolled over the edge half way through.  Second time I beat him super easily.  Literally all you need to do is get under/behind and slash away.

 

oqtw8aou900rakwewosd.jpg

 

I watched a walkthrough after completing the level to see if I had missed anything major.  Suprisingly, I actually found every available item.  The one thing I realized from the walkthrough that's a bit disappointing is that I seem to have messed up the story line with Siegmeyer.  I think I must have turned the boulder launcher before speaking to him, because when I ultimately found the area where he's supposed to be sitting, he wasn't there.

 

siegmeyer-of-catarina-large.jpg

 

Really enjoyed the level overall.  I feel like if Blighttown would've taken a similar approach of having simpler enemies to counteract the inherent challenge of navigating/traversing the area, it would have been a MUCH better experience.

 

On to Anor Londo next.  I may not have any updates for a while though, because I'm headed out of town to visit my parents for a few days tomorrow morning.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

Finally have an update...

 

I've completed Sens Fortress.  I died a LOT, lol.  It's actually not that bad, but the learning curve was pretty steep for me.  It primarily was a matter of learning my way around, and how/where/when to engage enemies.  The enemies themselves are not particularly difficult, which is good because there's plenty of other things that make this level difficult.  The biggest irritation for me was actually the damn boulders.

 

1780448-ds__10_.jpg

 

I had to turn off the game a couple of times because they were bothering me so much.  The most infuriating thing was actually that you take damage even if you walk into them when they're not moving (or barely moving).  That's one of the only truly BS things I've encountered in the game so far that really irritated me, and is the primary reason it took me a few days to complete the area.  The other traps were all relatively simple to pick up on, aside from the Mimic chest.

 

The Iron Golem was a pushover.  First time facing him, I rolled over the edge half way through.  Second time I beat him super easily.  Literally all you need to do is get under/behind and slash away.

 

oqtw8aou900rakwewosd.jpg

 

I watched a walkthrough after completing the level to see if I had missed anything major.  Suprisingly, I actually found every available item.  The one thing I realized from the walkthrough that's a bit disappointing is that I seem to have messed up the story line with Siegmeyer.  I think I must have turned the boulder launcher before speaking to him, because when I ultimately found the area where he's supposed to be sitting, he wasn't there.

 

siegmeyer-of-catarina-large.jpg

 

Really enjoyed the level overall.  I feel like if Blighttown would've taken a similar approach of having simpler enemies to counteract the inherent challenge of navigating/traversing the area, it would have been a MUCH better experience.

 

On to Anor Londo next.  I may not have any updates for a while though, because I'm headed out of town to visit my parents for a few days tomorrow morning.

You have something going for you playing Sen's Funhouse roughly a decade later. The lack of invaders. This was an invader hotspot back in the day for those dudes just looking to grief people. Had a buddy who would get on one of the upper edges while the person is going through the catwalks and shoot the dragon great bow at them and knock them off the walkways into the tar pit. He wasn't the only one who did this either. It is one of the worst places to be invaded.

 

Also, you can make the Iron Golem fall off if you fight him towards the edge. Actually had it one time where I ran right at him and to the left and his ass bugged and slipped off the map.

Edited by purely fat
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, purely fat said:

You have something going for you playing Sen's Funhouse roughly a decade later. The lack of invaders. This was an invader hotspot back in the day for those dudes just looking to grief people. Had a buddy who would get on one of the upper edges while the person is going through the catwalks and shoot the dragon great bow at them and knock them off the walkways into the tar pit. He wasn't the only one who did this either. It is one of the worst places to be invaded.

 

Also, you can make the Iron Golem fall off if you fight him towards the edge. Actually had it one time where I ran right at him and to the left and his ass bugged and slipped off the map.


I set the game to Offline mode after the first time I got invaded, lol.  Is there any benefit to beating an invader?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, a Chunk said:


I set the game to Offline mode after the first time I got invaded, lol.  Is there any benefit to beating an invader?

You get 1 esthus back lol. Do you not get messages then? You're missing out man lol. 

 

8 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Finally have an update...

 

I've completed Sens Fortress.  I died a LOT, lol.  It's actually not that bad, but the learning curve was pretty steep for me.  It primarily was a matter of learning my way around, and how/where/when to engage enemies.  The enemies themselves are not particularly difficult, which is good because there's plenty of other things that make this level difficult.  The biggest irritation for me was actually the damn boulders.

 

1780448-ds__10_.jpg

 

I had to turn off the game a couple of times because they were bothering me so much.  The most infuriating thing was actually that you take damage even if you walk into them when they're not moving (or barely moving).  That's one of the only truly BS things I've encountered in the game so far that really irritated me, and is the primary reason it took me a few days to complete the area.  The other traps were all relatively simple to pick up on, aside from the Mimic chest.

 

The Iron Golem was a pushover.  First time facing him, I rolled over the edge half way through.  Second time I beat him super easily.  Literally all you need to do is get under/behind and slash away.

 

oqtw8aou900rakwewosd.jpg

 

I watched a walkthrough after completing the level to see if I had missed anything major.  Suprisingly, I actually found every available item.  The one thing I realized from the walkthrough that's a bit disappointing is that I seem to have messed up the story line with Siegmeyer.  I think I must have turned the boulder launcher before speaking to him, because when I ultimately found the area where he's supposed to be sitting, he wasn't there.

 

siegmeyer-of-catarina-large.jpg

 

Really enjoyed the level overall.  I feel like if Blighttown would've taken a similar approach of having simpler enemies to counteract the inherent challenge of navigating/traversing the area, it would have been a MUCH better experience.

 

On to Anor Londo next.  I may not have any updates for a while though, because I'm headed out of town to visit my parents for a few days tomorrow morning.

Congrats man, Sens is freaking ruthless but I honestly love it. So challenging. Did you fall for the elevator trap? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...