Jump to content

Level/Game Design on Twitter


a Chunk
 Share

Recommended Posts

Twitter.jpg

 

Time to start it up again.  This thread is for any Level Design or Game Design related content from Twitter.

 

See original thread for older content.

 

A quick tutorial on posting Tweets:

Click on the tweet so that it pops up

image.png.d7c5b6135818ba50796a41f4e1cb78de.png

 

Then, just copy the URL

image.png.b34777ca5b5f8de5e0be6375a9613f5c.png

 

and paste it into the reply box.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This twitter integration is nutty! Kinda makes pages loading slow. Might wanna limit it to a few posts if it's after a certain amount of twitter posts? Not too sure about that one @a Chunk

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jack0Knife
Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jackknife
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-kucharzak/
'Folio: https://www.ck-ld.com/

"Art is the process of assigning meaning." - Unknown

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, JackKnife said:

This twitter integration is nutty! Kinda makes pages loading slow. Might wanna limit it to a few posts if it's after a certain amount of twitter posts? Not too sure about that one @a Chunk

Yeah, it took a bit to figure out how to embed.  Not a big fan of it, but it will work.

 

I'll typically have no more than 1 or 2 tweets per post.  I just had a big backlog of things I wanted to post, so I decided to do far more than that with these initial posts.  Also, FYI, the loading is setup that way semi-intentionally.  Loading only what's on the screen should help speed up the loading of individual pages.  I can change that setting at some point in the future if it proves too annoying though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotchya. Also, haven't seen it yet because there haven't been many posts yet (ofc the forums just got created), but is there a multiple page functionality for threads?

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jack0Knife
Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jackknife
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-kucharzak/
'Folio: https://www.ck-ld.com/

"Art is the process of assigning meaning." - Unknown

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JackKnife said:

Gotchya. Also, haven't seen it yet because there haven't been many posts yet (ofc the forums just got created), but is there a multiple page functionality for threads?

 

If I'm understanding your question correctly...Yep.  Currently thread are set to 25 posts per page.  Forums are set to 25 threads per page.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

 

If I'm understanding your question correctly...Yep.  Currently thread are set to 25 posts per page.  Forums are set to 25 threads per page.


Perfection.

I can tell I'm going to be super active on here and on the Discord. I absolutely miss interacting on forums. I used to be all about them when I was younger. Makes me somewhat nostalgic, but I also love this form of interaction. Compartmentalized discussions, sometimes bleeding over, but also keeping things relevant! I honestly can't wait for the community to blow up~!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jack0Knife
Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jackknife
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-kucharzak/
'Folio: https://www.ck-ld.com/

"Art is the process of assigning meaning." - Unknown

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, JackKnife said:


Perfection.

I can tell I'm going to be super active on here and on the Discord. I absolutely miss interacting on forums. I used to be all about them when I was younger. Makes me somewhat nostalgic, but I also love this form of interaction. Compartmentalized discussions, sometimes bleeding over, but also keeping things relevant! I honestly can't wait for the community to blow up~!

 

I'm right there with you my friend.  That's why I started up NLD.  I enjoy other forms of interaction online as well, but I LOVE the format of forums.  It's a really fantastic way to store knowledge, because of the organizational/compartmentalization aspect.  Someone can visit the site a decade from now and still find information that's relevant from today.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...