I can't objectively give any real feedback on this.

Really wish we could just get some actual in-game multiplayer footage that's not modified.  I'm sure we will at some point, but edited footage like this just irritates me.

I do like the idea of a 'Training Academy' that's mentioned in the blog post.  I'll hold out unreasonable hope that bots will be usable on Forge maps...

oh man it'll be really funny when the hype dies down and ppl have more than 2 weeks on the game and start realizing they dont like  certain shit that they thought was cool in the trailers. That's the best part of the game! 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I mean I loved H5 beta... 

With that said I didn't really hate anything they showed, but I'm preparing myself to not like it when I actually get my hands on it... (I'll stay open until the game starts to show it's true colors) As usual. Halo 4 and Halo 5 followed the same outcome, play more than a month and realize it's not for me

93d3d15b1c5a7a17f4d613ad066a28eb.png13229aa4d2a42d70bcc28e61f1a0ec4a.jpg

hehe

Edited by JB_

34 minutes ago, JB_ said:

oh man it'll be really funny when the hype dies down and ppl have more than 2 weeks on the game and start realizing they dont like  certain shit that they thought was cool in the trailers. That's the best part of the game! 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I mean I loved H5 beta... 

With that said I didn't really hate anything they showed, but I'm preparing myself to not like it when I actually get my hands on it... (I'll stay open until the game starts to show it's true colors) As usual. Halo 4 and Halo 5 followed the same outcome, play more than a month and realize it's not for me

Who's hyped about infinite? 🥱

36 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

Who's hyped about infinite? 🥱

ME!!!! and twitter and /r/halo

I'm a little excited but I know what to really expect.

Why are Sprint and Aim Down Sights in Halo?  

A) 343 thinks that common mechanics will draw in fans from other franchises 

B) 343 is incapable of designing novel mechanics 

C) 343 understands that these mechanics inherently compress the skill gap, making the game more appealing to the causal audience 

D) 343 has found that designing maps is easier when you can paint by numbers instead of endeavoring to design a playspace capable of complimenting player creativity 

What they showed us recently is what the game should of been delayed for last year. As in the game needs another year of development graphically and mechanically.

Last year I was disappointed but this year I expected subpar so it's whatever. 

I can get past the graphics though no problem. My real frustration is that they're about to feed gamers with 20 years of skill, another slow motion game with outdated mechanics. 

Ofc I reserve my right to change opinion based on new information, and will still play the game a ton either way. 

Edited by no god anywhere

8 hours ago, no god anywhere said:

What they showed us recently is what the game should of been delayed for last year. As in the game needs another year of development graphically and mechanically.

Last year I was disappointed but this year I expected subpar so it's whatever. 

I can get past the graphics though no problem. My real frustration is that they're about to feed gamers with 20 years of skill, another slow motion game with outdated mechanics. 

Ofc I reserve my right to change opinion based on new information, and will still play the game a ton either way. 

Slow motion? Halo has never been a high movement speed game, not ever. It's always been a  fairly slow paced and methodical shooter sans Halo 5.  

I prefer Halo this way personally, I don't need to be inputting a million things into my controller just to move efficiently around a map, or to have the base pace be so fast I get worn out after 15 mins looking at blurs on my screen. 

Ever play hyper scape, ut, doom or diabotical? 

I could see those games being up your alley. Halo is not, and wasn't ever, a "high paced" game imo nor should it be. 

5 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

Look at the movement he makes to the right after he gets the hammer kill, is that a normal strafe with the hammer animation making it look like a thrust or an actual thrust? 

5dc3ro.thumb.gif.e9812af7877ae7401a4a7f20d597204d.gif

There's no thrust, it's just the way he's turning his screen it's hard to follow.

@MultiLockOn What do you think about 343’s approach to implementing abilities like Repulsor and Grappling hook as independent equipment?  

I had suggested that the Gravity Hammer use the Scope button to Push away an incoming projectile and the Reload button to Pull in a nearby objective.  Do you think 343’s modular approach of “left handed equipment” is superior to alt-fire abilities on weapons or does the sandbox become too piecemeal when every ability belongs to a different item?

Edited by Boyo

On 6/15/2021 at 7:04 AM, SaltyKoalaBear said:

Slow motion? Halo has never been a high movement speed game, not ever. It's always been a  fairly slow paced and methodical shooter sans Halo 5.  

I prefer Halo this way personally, I don't need to be inputting a million things into my controller just to move efficiently around a map, or to have the base pace be so fast I get worn out after 15 mins looking at blurs on my screen. 

Ever play hyper scape, ut, doom or diabotical? 

I could see those games being up your alley. Halo is not, and wasn't ever, a "high paced" game imo nor should it be. 

I do not believe halos slow pace is inherent to its identity, it's a sympton of a lack of innovation in the game to compete with industry standards. People are very good at gaming now and the average response time, target acquisition, etc has changed dramatically. 

A hardly functional slide, slow strafe speeds, the turn acceleration mechanic, etc is holding the game back from a ton more potential in other options to increase the skill gap. 

Halo feels unresponsive and there's unnecessarily too much time to think. You can be just as methodical with half as much time. It just requires quicker wit. 

14 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

A hardly functional slide, slow strafe speeds, the turn acceleration mechanic, etc is holding the game back from a ton more potential in other options to increase the skill gap. 

What did you have in mind?  

343 vs Boyo — A Grappleshot Comparison  

343’s Grappleshot is a piece of Equipment that can do three things:

1.  Pull an item to the user 

2.  Pick up and throw an object 

3.  Carry the user forward 

Here is how I chose to distribute these abilities:  

1.  The only item a player can pull to himself is an objective and only from a short distance away.  The reload button on the Gravity Hammer pulls a nearby objective to the user (similar to how Tartarus uses his hammer to pull the Oracle in during the Halo 2 campaign cutscene).  

2.  Rather than the player physically picking up and throwing objects, a gravity gun weapon that levitates a targeted object then launches it forward on the user’s command creates a more fluid throwing experience, removing the need for wind up animations and special player states ie “holding object”.  

3.  The grappling hook’s most obvious function, carrying the user forward is best accomplished with a bit of space magic instead of a glorified rope.  With the Gravity Gauntlet aerial ability equipped, pressing the Jump button while airborne moves the user forward a short distance, in the direction he’s facing.  If a ledge is reached, the user quickly clambers up it.  This is a movement ability that is small enough in scale to not destroy arena play while still being useful outside of it.  

Was 343 right to condense all these abilities into the Grappleshot or would distributing them more judiciously have prevented the jack of all trades syndrome, where it is not particularly good at any one thing, that it seems to suffer from?  

Edited by Boyo