Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, a Chunk said:

On the utility weapon discussion, my preference is to have a weapon that's capable of dealing damage long distance.  But I also prefer to have levels designed so that battles at long distance are limited.

Using CE as an example, Hang em High has too many long distance battles for me. Damnation is almost a good example of getting a good balance, though it still has just a bit too many long distance encounters for my taste. I like the distance of the battles on maps like Chill Out, Prisoner and Battle Creek far more.

There's almost nothing worse to me than having a medium distance encounter and feeling like I need to get lucky for my shots to hit.

Well the best part is that it's just 1 map. The CE maps really have variety. You have long range galore with HeH and then just constant pistol fights close range on priz. You have a heavy room map like Chillout. You have a big room map with long sight lines in damnation, and you have creek with long sight lines but lots of cover that can force close range battles. 

Hang em high is an experience you really only experience in CE. But MCC doesnt do it justice. You cant just beam people like you can on that game. It's not uncommon for both players to not kill each other in 12 shots at that distance but on MCC at least 1 guy has a hitscan pistol so it just feels like you can't move. 

A long range starting wep is needed otherwise the sniper just becomes way too strong. 

Edited by Riddler

@Riddler - Yep, there are so many things that CE does right compared to the other games in the series.  The variety in the 4v4 map pool is great in CE.  I don't hate HeH - it has aspects that make it a map that I find interesting and enjoyable (randoms and weapon/powerup grenading in particular).  Variety is good, and it's often worth including non-optimal things in a game so long as it's within reason and approached intelligently.  One 4v4 map that heavily relies upon long distance battles isn't a bad thing by any means.  Having said that, by and large I'm still not a huge fan of the battles that take place on HeH, especially in comparison to the other maps I mentioned.

19 hours ago, Gravemind said:

Yep, the rumors were true, no Infinite at all at the show.

Really seems like they're replacing Halo with Starfield as their flagship.

Yeah, imagine if it was. "Hey guys, we have a new map! YAY!" 

No will give a flying fuck about Halo until they show off a BR mode, it's just the truth. 

It's still annoying that people are using the whole "core gameplay" line when the core gameplay is actually trash. Halo is dead until they give it to another studio, period. 

343 is so fucking dumb, their stupidity cannot be saved at this point. when kotaku article comes out over this, I better see phil spencer fire this entire studio outright. what the fuck

so 343 or someone named the emblem BONOBO on INfinite. for junteenth (holiday for ending of slavery)  

b2df558177cb62701902aa61afd1ec19.png  30992a6079e3ce494ce150de2d01867e.jpg

and their bullshit PR response. and as someone already said. hasn't happened all year, but happens right when the juneteenth thing drops... wow sure. who's gonna buy that excuse?

6501a760ec5a8da6deb42efd29ec3c8f.png

as I said on twitter, this is just more proof to the fact that 343 ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT QUALITY TEST ANYTHING THEY RELEASE. WAHT THE FUCK

Edited by JB_

1 hour ago, JB_ said:

343 is so fucking dumb, their stupidity cannot be saved at this point. when kotaku article comes out over this, I better see phil spencer fire this entire studio outright. what the fuck

so 343 or someone named the emblem BONOBO on INfinite. for junteenth (holiday for ending of slavery)  

b2df558177cb62701902aa61afd1ec19.png  30992a6079e3ce494ce150de2d01867e.jpg

and their bullshit PR response. and as someone already said. hasn't happened all year, but happens right when the juneteenth thing drops... wow sure. who's gonna buy that excuse?

6501a760ec5a8da6deb42efd29ec3c8f.png

as I said on twitter, this is just more proof to the fact that 343 ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT QUALITY TEST ANYTHING THEY RELEASE. WAHT THE FUCK

343's incompetence is truly astounding.

While I would say that the QA team should have caught this, well, I've long been under the impression that 343 doesn't have a QA team.

21 minutes ago, Gravemind said:

343's incompetence is truly astounding.

While I would say that the QA team should have caught this, well, I've long been under the impression that 343 doesn't have a QA team.

now apparently there is some truth to their statement that BONOBO is an internal toolset used since REACH (slipspace my ass) 

4f3354b12b7325f922163a49f36594b3.png

but. NO program I've ever used defaults to the name of the program... Guerilla (h3) never defaults to "guerilla" for any tag or shader or emblem name... and sapien never defaults to "sapien" 

Maybe "pooP" if anything. and again. when I zoomed in further this picture shows that "bonobo" is a more refined guerilla program. which again doesnt default names to guerilla.

So while I do accept their excuse that it's an internal toolset. I just dont know how they manage to name the emblem that... like someone said maybe they copy and pasted the name of the pgram accidentally. how? idkk

Edited by JB_

1 hour ago, JB_ said:

now apparently there is some truth to their statement that BONOBO is an internal toolset used since REACH (slipspace my ass) 

but. NO program I've ever used defaults to the name of the program... Guerilla (h3) never defaults to "guerilla" for any tag or shader or emblem name... and sapien never defaults to "sapien" 

Maybe "pooP" if anything. and again. when I zoomed in further this picture shows that "bonobo" is a more refined guerilla program. which again doesnt default names to guerilla.

So while I do accept their excuse that it's an internal toolset. I just dont know how they manage to name the emblem that... like someone said maybe they copy and pasted the name of the pgram accidentally. how? idkk

I understand that it's probably because of the toolset thing. They just should have caught it before it went live.

But again, 343 doesn't do QA checks. They just shovel this stuff out there without giving a single fuck and that's been pretty obvious ever since at least MCC.

How MS hasn't trashcanned the dev yet is totally beyond me.

21 minutes ago, Gravemind said:

One week after the bonobo incident they now come out and say they're thinking of adding microtransactions to the MCC.

People are, shall we say, not pleased.

How has this company not been shut down yet?

it's fine im sure 343 will shrug it off as a vocal minority/unconstructive criticism

On 6/14/2022 at 9:28 PM, JB_ said:

new development. 

I was quick to post this, but 90% of the thread is really tame stuff. 10% of it is edge pre teen stuff with racism thrown in, like making a movie called the kike runner. 

man it would be so good to see frank let go which is why I got excited but I don't think this is it. 

Edited by Riddler

While i think 343 could use a serious amount of "Addition by subtraction". Some fairly tame attempts at being edgy shouldn't be the reason why.  Now, they have plenty of other legitimate performance based reasons so why don't they just go with that?

On 6/25/2022 at 8:58 PM, Riddler said:

new development. 

I was quick to post this, but 90% of the thread is really tame stuff. 10% of it is edge pre teen stuff with racism thrown in, like making a movie called the kike runner. 

man it would be so good to see frank let go which is why I got excited but I don't think this is it. 

That thread is 64 tweets long!? I just read it, and holy shit does she lay into Frank and Bonnie! Sucks that his casual racism is what she had to start with to get people to read it