Jump to content

OT of OT


a Chunk
 Share

Recommended Posts

So, what's goin' on?

 

image.png.802cc2138d9d3cbaf7e72995d5121c7d.png

 

FYI, this will also be a dumping grounds for severely off topic content that's posted in other areas of the forum, so if you see something without context, it most likely was moved from somewhere else.  We will try to note where it originated from.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 8:24 PM, Boyo said:

You can’t imagine what amounts to a deployable crate and ramp in your mind’s eye?  “Oh look, I’m shooting a Spiker.  A spike hit the wall.  The spike is sticking out of the wall.  Now I’m jumping on it.  Now I’m jumping off it”.  You need a video to be able to discuss that mechanic?  

Weren't you the guy on beyond who said it literally was not possible to balance a map without pickers and demanded a literal example even after I explained that it's possible in theory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Weren't you the guy on beyond who said it literally was not possible to balance a map without pickers and demanded a literal example even after I explained that it's possible in theory. 

Just “in theory” now?  Decided to walk your original claim back a bit, huh?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

No not at all. Pretty much every person posting in this thread has maps that can demonstrate it. Nice deflection though. 

Deflection?  If you go back and read the conversation you’re referring to, you’ll see that you and Westin follow your usual pattern, making unfounded claims then crying and insulting me when asked for clarification.  Why don’t you actually support your claims instead of telling me I’ll never understand even if you did explain it?  Start with Camo.  Why doesn’t Camo have integrity?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Deflection?  If you go back and read the conversation you’re referring to, you’ll see that you and Westin follow your usual pattern, making unfounded claims then crying and insulting me when asked for clarification.  Why don’t you actually support your claims instead of telling me I’ll never understand even if you did explain it?  Start with Camo.  Why doesn’t Camo have integrity?  

Ah yes, another forum goer who it butthurt over a past conversation. Wild.

 

Nobody wants this conversation, and you won't get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Westin said:

Ah yes, another forum goer who it butthurt over a past conversation. Wild.

 

Nobody wants this conversation, and you won't get it.

Are you illiterate?  Your master is the one who brought this subject up.  And you’re still not supporting your claims.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

lol man I remember when I would make posts like that 

 

Boyo you haven't been around very long, but people have said things like that before and I promise you it's not the insult you think it is. Christian is a great friend and honestly I think anyone who has said something like that is bothered by the genuine fellowship we share and secretly want something like it.

 

So, here's a free tip - don't be such an ass and you'll have friends one day too

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Westin said:

lol man I remember when I would make posts like that 

 

Boyo you haven't been around very long, but people have said things like that before and I promise you it's not the insult you think it is. Christian is a great friend and honestly I think anyone who has said something like that is bothered by the genuine fellowship we share and secretly want something like it.

 

So, here's a free tip - don't be such an ass and you'll have friends one day too

Exhibiting many of the quintessential forger traits: petty, pompous, pretentious, insufferable.  You are a meme, my friend.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Deflection?  If you go back and read the conversation you’re referring to, you’ll see that you and Westin follow your usual pattern, making unfounded claims then crying and insulting me when asked for clarification.  Why don’t you actually support your claims instead of telling me I’ll never understand even if you did explain it?  Start with Camo.  Why doesn’t Camo have integrity?  

Crying when asked for clarification? You have a funny way of remembering things to your favor. I remember westin engaging the conversation on Beyond for several pages. It ended up with you not willing to admit the very basic statement "Overshield helps you get kills" because it would defeat your argument. Feel free to go back and link it though and fact check me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Lol try starting a few places back. I literally post on that page how I did explain myself already and you ignored it.  

 

Boyo my man you really are not pleasant to engage with

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell me here, now, using words and not some hour long unrelated video, how Camo lacks integrity.  You know what kind of person is unpleasant to interact with?  One that never answers direct questions.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

Says the moderator of a design forum who won’t discuss design because of his own super secret special game.  Thanks for your input @MultiLockOn.  

I discuss design almost exclusively on Beyond and I used to here a lot as well. I actually enjoy it a lot and believe it or not I'm open to basically any conversation if I hear a good argument for something. That's basically what I do every single day on Slack / Discord for like 14 hours.  I get private messages here and on Beyond almost weekly from people who want advice or to talk about design stuff as well which I always engage with.  I stop when people get disrespectful and start injecting their interpretations about me into the conversation. Soldat the other day said I've been 'run off of forums' (insert irony here), which is ridiculous. My actual transparent answer here is, I get anxiety reading that stuff. 5 years ago? I was a mega douche and would argue with people all day, but I know that was wrong and I don't like doing it anymore.  A few months back when I was logging on and just being provoked in every post even when I hadn't said anything in weeks it stresses me out, so I just disengage.  You've insulted me on like a half dozen occasions, and the times you haven't the conversation hasn't gone anywhere.  I just don't want to engage anymore, do you actually think that's wrong of me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I discuss design almost exclusively on Beyond and I used to here a lot as well. I actually enjoy it a lot and believe it or not I'm open to basically any conversation if I hear a good argument for something. That's basically what I do every single day on Slack / Discord for like 14 hours.  I get private messages here and on Beyond almost weekly from people who want advice or to talk about design stuff as well which I always engage with.  I stop when people get disrespectful and start injecting their interpretations about me into the conversation. Soldat the other day said I've been 'run off of forums' (insert irony here), which is ridiculous. My actual transparent answer here is, I get anxiety reading that stuff. 5 years ago? I was a mega douche and would argue with people all day, but I know that was wrong and I don't like doing it anymore.  A few months back when I was logging on and just being provoked in every post even when I hadn't said anything in weeks it stresses me out, so I just disengage.  You've insulted me on like a half dozen occasions, and the times you haven't the conversation hasn't gone anywhere.  I just don't want to engage anymore, do you actually think that's wrong of me.

didnt you say you where going to stop posting here? and you came back? And the same thing happened at beyond right? you where getting shut down by everyone because you where saying camo was immoral and all this crazy stuff until saying you where done posting there... and then you came back and kept posting

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

@no god anywhere Oh he's super shady. Those bullet points are copy/pasted from beyond when I still had the energy to reply to him. Those are my words, though it was a long discussion where I said a lot more than that. I stand by everything I said back then, however boyo has proven himself incapable of conceding even the most basic proposition, so it's actually impossible to get anywhere talking to him. He just asks another question, and you eventually after that happens 5 more times you realize you've spent your day talking to a brick wall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought you would find it belittling if I summarized your arguments as what I understand them to be: Camo hard cuz no see.  

 

Integrity = outcomes proportionate to intentional player input

 

We’re on the same page so far.  

 

Visual information is THE primary avenue to start predicting my opponent in Halo (not the only source, but primary)

 

Agreed.  

 

 Camo subverts Halo's primary source of information through the removal of that information from one player, but not the other, in order to provide its advantage

 

Still in agreement.  

 

For Intentional player input to exist, predictability must be present at every level and at all times as a prerequisite (playing chess in the dark vs the light)

 

Ambiguous.  Clarification needed.  

 

Therefore, while not always, camo often violates integrity in practice. It cloaks one half of the chess board.

 

How did we suddenly leap to this conclusion?  Do you really think that’s an apt analogy?  

Edited by Boyo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Who Viewed the Topic

    2 members have viewed this topic:
×
×
  • Create New...