OT of OT

a Chunk

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

People there are actually pretty receptive, some aren't which is normal. The camo argument I didn't even bring up actually. Westin started that discussion and followed it for a few pages, I might've chimed in once where I felt I needed to. The "crazy stuff" I was saying was that things on the map that blatantly make the player better without trade off and take no skill probably isn't good game design, that was the claim.  

And yes, the exact situation of the post you replied to.  People get butthurt when you make design claims, call you prideful (sound familiar?) and then I disengage so the argument doesn't progress and I don't say anything I regret.  Sort of like your last wall of projected insults you posted here a few weeks ago, I thought it would be better to not respond at all than to continue that.

so what's your theory as to why this reaction tends to follow you and xandrith around? are they all butthurt and you blameless? 

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

so what's your theory as to why this reaction tends to follow you and xandrith around? are they all butthurt and you blameless? 

I don't think any reaction follows me around lol but I appreciate you trying to paint it that way. I can count on one hand the people on Beyond I've had disagreements with, one of them is here in this thread now. I basically started posting on Forgehub when I was 14 I think, no joke.  If you're going to go past several years ago I would say I was as argumentative as anyone else there, maybe more. So that would explain that.

If you're referring to people who are upset at my stance on design; that's more or less to be expected. But I think that gets into deeper philosophical / theological arguments that I don't really want to delve into.  I'll just say, people who have their beliefs rooted in emotion tend to react emotionally.  People who have their beliefs rooted in reason tend to react reasonably. This is true in politics on the political spectrum, in faith, in people, men and women - in everything really. Game design is no exception. I don't really want to go more into it than I already have, and likely I'll regret having made this post in like an hour lol it's not my goal to insult anyone or start arguments. Take from that statement what you will.

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

I don't think any reaction follows me around lol but I appreciate you trying to paint it that way. I can count on one hand the people on Beyond I've had disagreements with, one of them is here in this thread now. I basically started posting on Forgehub when I was 14 I think, no joke.  If you're going to go past several years ago I would say I was as argumentative as anyone else there, maybe more. So that would explain that.

If you're referring to people who are upset at my stance on design; that's more or less to be expected. But I think that gets into deeper philosophical / theological arguments that I don't really want to delve into.  I'll just say, people who have their beliefs rooted in emotion tend to react emotionally.  People who have their beliefs rooted in reason tend to react reasonably. This is true in politics on the political spectrum, in faith, in people, men and women - in everything really. Game design is no exception. I don't really want to go more into it than I already have, and likely I'll regret having made this post in like an hour lol it's not my goal to insult anyone or start arguments. Take from that statement what you will.

you are one of the most emotional people i've ever interacted with online, second only to the most insecure person i've ever met online which is xandrith.

does anyone else here think what i said was insulting or worth getting upset over? does anyone else here think im a sociopath? lmao

Screenshot_20210909-003817_Discord.jpg.ffa100e5da49edd03aa3ccbff210680a.jpg

7 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

being emotional and overreacting

Have you ever been around forgers after a map contest?  This is nothing.  

6 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

I feel like I’m being punked here…

Is there some kind of contest going on to see who can make the most ridiculous, off topic posts in this thread?

Have my hands more than full with real life stuff right now, but I feel like the content of this thread needs to change because there’s no way in hell anyone new is going to jump in here and interact with you all. 
I don’t care about any personal drama. Keep it out of here. 

he-started-it-6vadod.jpg.8cded0b3d8dcedbf6062f44839ae4162.jpg