Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics and post replies to existing threads.

okay this is really next level design. It's not all maps, but I think bungie definitely pays attention to where the head level is on the game.  

they made sure to line the skybox horizon up with the head of the spartans... maybe it's coincidence but there's so many other examples on the  other maps that I don't think it's coincidence really.

It may be too dark to see but off in the distance of this door you can see the frozen water and the sky meet at the horizon. exactly where our spartans head lines up... They pretty much lined it up with the main floor, top mid, s2, BR2, library etc.

1 hour ago, JB_ said:

okay this is really next level design. It's not all maps, but I think bungie definitely pays attention to where the head level is on the game.  

they made sure to line the skybox horizon up with the head of the spartans... maybe it's coincidence but there's so many other examples on the  other maps that I don't think it's coincidence really.

It may be too dark to see but off in the distance of this door you can see the frozen water and the sky meet at the horizon. exactly where our spartans head lines up... They pretty much lined it up with the main floor, top mid, s2, BR2, library etc.

is there any vertical parallax? Because that would be sick

There's one game you could have everyone in the world play to completion, which game would it be? and what would you hope everyone takes away from the experience? why that game? what do you believe that game could offer to people on the earth

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

There's one game you could have everyone in the world play to completion, which game would it be? and what would you hope everyone takes away from the experience? why that game? what do you believe that game could offer to people on the earth

Halo 5

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

i've been playing through reachs campaign on legendary recently, i love the subtlety of the storytelling so much, so many great moments, good characters, touching story, just amazing really

the camera shots

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

i've been playing through reachs campaign on legendary recently, i love the subtlety of the storytelling so much, so many great moments, good characters, touching story, just amazing really

As a stand-alone, gritty war story I enjoy Reach a lot. Very cinematic, but not overtly stylized. Star Wars Rogue One is essentially the same story, with the same cast of characters, the same beats. Kinda funny how that happened...

I’ve been watching sumo tournaments for the last year, it’s fascinating stuff. A simple sport whose complexities emerge from its simplicity. All of the best sports and games have that quality, I think.

Bro's floating forerunner architecture has been in classic halo since 2007...

ab7127f48eeee9cf569f284d107e18a8.gif

343 did nothing wrong

strange enough it's only BLUE side, red is connected to the cliff/structure

i hate it...

Edited by JB_

343 has backpeddled on so much of their creative decisions since H4, all for the better of the franchise, it's too bad it took them 2 failed games to learn from their mistakes.

- MC is a heroic vessel for the player just as he was intended in the first 3 games, this was made clear by their "become" advertisements

- Classic art direction, forerunner is no longer these sterile, trancendant, untouched by time monoliths, they are overgrown and empty footprints of ancient advanced civilisation whos architecture beauty is displayed through it's perseverance through time, even through the decay

- Steps towards advanced movement mechanics have been scaled back, many of these have been redistributed into the sandbox as contestable upgrades on the map

i'm very excited for Halo this year, im going to take some vaca time off, play the campaign, play some multiplayer, and make some sweeet maps

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

On 3/11/2021 at 7:49 AM, Soldat Du Christ said:

It's dark souls

8 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

This is pure gold @purely fat

Why do I feel like this is me if I made forge vids.

Edit: I still haven't learnt if Erupt is a "Decent" or "Garbage" map.

Edited by FatkidForger

FatKid LD > Core LD

He hasn't got any faults, but maybe he's not perfect. But he didn't do anything.

9 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

This is pure gold @purely fat

Guys a fucking SICK

Got a better title, "Someone who I think knows more than me hasn't told me what they think about the map and I am too dogshit and beta to have my own takes"

Edited by purely fat

31 minutes ago, purely fat said:

Guys a fucking SICK

Got a better title, "Someone who I think knows more than me hasn't told me what they think about the map and I am too dogshit and beta to have my own takes"

That's gonna be the name of my next vlog series

FatKid LD > Core LD

He hasn't got any faults, but maybe he's not perfect. But he didn't do anything.

Is it just me or is anyone else starting to sweat about getting a series x by infinite release?

On eBay the prices are actually beginning to rise. 

Edited by no god anywhere