32 minutes ago, Westin said:

Is it available to look at or must I wait?

you gotta wait at least til friday for the full frontal, but I'll be on later today if you want a guided tour 😉

@Soldat Du Christ https://www.wayfarerschapel.org/about/filming-at-the-chapel/

5c7b2309196e4a29684b554431cb2f8b.png

Low poly branch or high poly on left?

idk why i like the right more but I guess cause its more woody? I guess imperfect

also i need more variety cause i never did a branch before.

il_570xN.1742694829_5k2e.jpg

Edited by JB_

8 minutes ago, JB_ said:

5c7b2309196e4a29684b554431cb2f8b.png

Low poly branch or high poly on left?

idk why i like the right more but I guess cause its more woody? I guess imperfect

also i need more variety cause i never did a branch before.

il_570xN.1742694829_5k2e.jpg

I suggest you go outside and look closely at branches. You'll see many shapes and patterns that we naturally avoid and would filter out when drawing/sculpting because they don't follow the rule of thirds. The end result, I think, will be more convincing and characteristic formations in the map

i may be able to do what bungie did and just  bend a long cylinder, and then cut out the branch shapes. then I can make them into what I want.. These already sort of wrap around some central pole.

445fa3085b99fd7591f9e4183b5b683f.jpg

so I tried out what I think they did.

it can also double as a branch vine wrapping around or just another branch, depending on the trees.

from there I can duplicate shrink the shape and bend it to whatever randomness i want and have a branch 😃

Edited by JB_

So i've hit a brick wall on my csgo map, Hammer can't handle the rendering because everything doesn't fit on a grid and there are alot of organic shapes... like no joke, forge is more powerful than hammer, not even an exageration, if you have to put this much time and effort into optimising a freaking blockout than the tool you are using is trash

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

So i've hit a brick wall on my csgo map, Hammer can't handle the rendering because everything doesn't fit on a grid and there are alot of organic shapes... like no joke, forge is more powerful than hammer, not even an exageration, if you have to put this much time and effort into optimising a freaking blockout than the tool you are using is trash

why are you subjecting yourself to using hammer when unreal or unity are readily available. 

just curious

2 hours ago, JB_ said:

why are you subjecting yourself to using hammer when unreal or unity are readily available. 

just curious

Because i want to play the map with the csgo community and all that good stuff, but i am moving on to unreal after this map is done

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Because i want to play the map with the csgo community and all that good stuff, but i am moving on to unreal after this map is done

The organic shape you're talking about is the rounded walkway with the tenement wharf houses, right? Wouldn't it be possible to make that adhere to a grid? And is it necessary for the map's gameplay integrity to have so many rounded elements (bridge underpass, pipe rims on wharf)? Things to consider in your optimizing process.

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

ahhh that makes sense. i was talking to salty about this issue.

i can make the map fine but finding playtests for it, is nearly impossible.

just testing small things like scaling and cover.

you can multi user edit in unreal 4 so dont be afraid of that.  as long as someone else has unreal 4 you can set it up just like forge.

multiuserediting-qs-worktogether-423.thumb.png.ed9f831a45f7d0b8a86d1a007d0b9ce5.png

so if you ever need someone to drop in id be more than willing. im sure everyone here with it would be willing

Edited by JB_