@WestinI remember you saying how going to your old posts can be embarrassing. I think many of us have experienced the same. There’s a lot to celebrate and remember fondly about the history of the forge community, but this video seems to be based on the events that are better left forgotten.

It’s your video, so of course you can do what you like. Just keep in mind that sentiment. What will you think watching this video 5 years from now?

Edited by Xzamplez
46 minutes ago, Xzamplez said:

@WestinI remember you saying how going to your old posts can be embarrassing. I think many of us have experienced the same. There’s a lot to celebrate and remember fondly about the history of the forge community, but this video seems to be based on the events that are better left forgotten.

It’s your video, so of course you can do what you like. Just keep in mind that sentiment. What will you think watching this video 5 years from now?

I'll watch it with gladness. These things happened, and we learned from them. Whatever bad taste it leaves in our mouths is part and parcel of that, I think

8 hours ago, Westin said:

That title is misleading, i was hoping you where going to take a more unbaised documentary approach, it's really about you and your group of friends and your unapologetic biased interpretation of everything... which obviously is fine too, but again the title

I really liked your explanation of subjective vs objective methods, very clear and clean. We differ in how morals translates into design obligations, i see it more about how the experience is advertised and presented

And do you really not think your maps are not good enough? Or do you think they are bad or something? Im not sure what you where getting at with why you deleted the video, i hope its not because you are just insecure like Goat was, or because you hold yourself to multis standards or something silly like that, or because not everybody likes your maps... i think they are all awesome, except for goldleaf obviously 

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

1 hour ago, Box_Hoes said:

HERE AFTER a long journey in halo 5 only those who have kept to the path and ventured through the epic ODYSSEY seek the knowledge to uncover their own LOST GROWTH concluding the realization that to progress is to have the mind of a NOMAD

Nomad - My last map in halo 5 (2v2) draws inspiration from the maps listed above. Using all the knowledge I’ve gained from the great minds in this community especially @Soldat Du Christ@Westin@SaltyKoalaBear@MultiLockOn@purely fat@S0UL FLAME We truly have a lot to learn from each other and everyone brings something unique to the table.

To keep it short my gameplay goals are based off the thread made by goat “2v2 should not be designed around team work” (which I recommend everyone to read or read again) and thought of a pyramid shape as a fun way to start the map for the goals I was trying to accomplish. 

So here is the WIP and yes h5 is dead 

holy smokes star walk.

Looks really really cool man, no lie.

1 hour ago, Box_Hoes said:

HERE AFTER a long journey in halo 5 only those who have kept to the path and ventured through the epic ODYSSEY seek the knowledge to uncover their own LOST GROWTH concluding the realization that to progress is to have the mind of a NOMAD

Nomad - My last map in halo 5 (2v2) draws inspiration from the maps listed above. Using all the knowledge I’ve gained from the great minds in this community especially @Soldat Du Christ@Westin@SaltyKoalaBear@MultiLockOn@purely fat@S0UL FLAME We truly have a lot to learn from each other and everyone brings something unique to the table.

To keep it short my gameplay goals are based off the thread made by goat “2v2 should not be designed around team work” (which I recommend everyone to read or read again) and thought of a pyramid shape as a fun way to start the map for the goals I was trying to accomplish. 

now finish well of tolls for me

1 hour ago, purely fat said:

So... am I the only one here doing the Diabotical thing?

I was gonna remake dodecahedron in Diabotical until I saw that I would literally have to make it twice: once in Halo 5 another time in Diabotical. It's because the rotation system in that game is abysmal, and I wasn't about to make yet another blocky map like everyone else. It's kinda funny that I say that considering my current CS:GO project is a tad bit blocky lol

3 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

trash

we remaking monolith now huh?

Edited by JB_
3 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

That title is misleading, i was hoping you where going to take a more unbaised documentary approach, it's really about you and your group of friends and your unapologetic biased interpretation of everything... which obviously is fine too, but again the title

I really liked your explanation of subjective vs objective methods, very clear and clean. We differ in how morals translates into design obligations, i see it more about how the experience is advertised and presented

And do you really not think your maps are not good enough? Or do you think they are bad or something? Im not sure what you where getting at with why you deleted the video, i hope its not because you are just insecure like Goat was, or because you hold yourself to multis standards or something silly like that, or because not everybody likes your maps... i think they are all awesome, except for goldleaf obviously 

I think the actual title is accurate, but the thumbnail wording is a little broad, and that's on purpose. Need those clicks bruh

And no, I deleted the videos because greater things are coming, not because I am insecure.

1 hour ago, Kantalope said:

I was gonna remake dodecahedron in Diabotical until I saw that I would literally have to make it twice: once in Halo 5 another time in Diabotical. It's because the rotation system in that game is abysmal, and I wasn't about to make yet another blocky map like everyone else. It's kinda funny that I say that considering my current CS:GO project is a tad bit blocky lol

Quite the edgy excuse

4 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

Wow yeah that looks nice

27 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

Haven't been around much lately because I've been working on this.

AKZQ0250.JPG.c75067ad893f3e6f2f9e855d06e47e3b.JPGIMG_3266.JPG.b256fe48573f2ad46cb60b66c7f474cf.JPGIMG_3302.JPG.5dff16f6336f2875e961087ced057815.JPG

Really enjoyed watching this.  It made me want to forge again.

I wanted to NLD react this but I already used mine today 😞 Freaking so stoked for you man, and you look thin! Maybe it's just because I imagine you as your profile picture for so long.