27 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I wanted to NLD react this but I already used mine today ūüėě Freaking so stoked for you man, and you look thin! Maybe it's just because I imagine you as your profile picture for so long.

23 minutes ago, Xzamplez said:

Congrats Chunk thats awesome man

Thanks guys.  :classic_biggrin:

I could easily stand to lose 10-15 pounds. I'm very healthy though, which is all I really care about.

Also just as an FYI, it's always possible to change a reaction. If someone wanted to, they could react to a post with any of the other reactions, and then change it to the NLD reaction at a later date (assuming they haven't used their 1 NLD reaction on that day also).  I've done this from time to time when there have been multiple great posts in one day. 

@Westin Surprised you left out that i objectively decimated arcanum as a design. SMH. I enjoyed watching, thanks for making it. I think its a good way to wrap up and let go of halo 5. Cant wait to see what everyone does in halo infinite, especially you and that dude that made arcanum i forgot his name.

@a Chunk Dude youre the man. My daughter is 6 months now and its INSANE how i manage to love her more every day older she is. Not really ever having the chance to zone out in a game is really catching up with me mentally though. Starting to second guess having another. lol

Edited by no god anywhere
46 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

@a Chunk Dude youre the man. My daughter is 6 months now and its INSANE how i manage to love her more every day older she is. Not really ever having the chance to zone out in a game is really catching up with me mentally though. Starting to second guess having another. lol

I hear you.  We also have a 10 year old at home.  I've essentially been a father to him since he was 2, so I know how challenging it can be to do ANYTHING.  I've been complaining on forums for years that I don't have the time for gaming that I wish I did.  But we all have to choose our priorities, and when it comes to kids it's a pretty easy choice I think.  I definitely miss gaming though, and look back fondly at the copious amounts of time I spent forging back in the day.  I still try my hand at it here and there, but there's really no way to be really serious about it without sacrificing time with loved ones, and that's okay with me.  I just have to approach gaming time with a different mindset. I know that whatever enjoyment I get from gaming (which isn't insignificant) is far outweighed by the enjoyment I get from spending time with the people I love.

By the way, I've taken your advice and purchased a backup hard drive.¬† Now I just need some time to actually back everything up onto it, lmao.¬† Will hopefully get that done soon.¬† ūüėČ

29 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Wooooooooohoo! Im on vacation for a week starting today, lets grind some 2v2 maps @SaltyKoalaBear @Box_Hoes @S0UL FLAME @purely fat maybe we can all pick one map each, and do 3 super degenerative games on each to really stress test them? 

Salty is away for a month but I’m down 

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Wooooooooohoo! Im on vacation for a week starting today, lets grind some 2v2 maps @SaltyKoalaBear @Box_Hoes @S0UL FLAME @purely fat maybe we can all pick one map each, and do 3 super degenerative games on each to really stress test them? 

I am good after sunday. I got to finish the contest and I got a bachelor party I'm hosting  over the weekend

3 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

All I need to do is finish A site on my defuse map and make an overhead for it, then it's ready for testing. I'll try to have that done by Sunday, but no guarantees; I have an essay due Saturday night. Also, I have a 2v2 map or two ūüėČ

1 hour ago, Kantalope said:

All I need to do is finish A site on my defuse map and make an overhead for it, then it's ready for testing. I'll try to have that done by Sunday, but no guarantees; I have an essay due Saturday night. Also, I have a 2v2 map or two ūüėČ

would love to check out your csgo map when its ready to play! we can run a game with bots if you get bots set up

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

7 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Not any time soon.  Don't have much disposable income at the moment.  I'm holding out hope that it will come to PC at some point.

it should be. the first trailer showed PC on the release platforms. they took the vid down and reuploaded without PC on the platform list

said it was human error.

you dont just pass that shit without making sure first. they just want the exclusivity for launch most likely.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/9/17/21444039/ps5-playstation-5-final-fantasy-xvi-demons-souls-pc-announcement

Edited by JB_

@icyhotspartin Will definitely have to do that soon, the topic really peaks my interest. I believe that a consumers strengths and weakness in character, as well as cultural differences, can affect the way they derive pleasure from a product such as an FPS game. 

After having some good discussion with @Box_HoesI've been thinking more and more about the responsiblity of an FPS level designer to create fair, balanced, just and morally integral spaces vs design that intentionally places the burden of integrity on the player.

As I've come to asses the various forms of my designs, I've realized that many of my designs are what I'll coin as a 'Trial

and Tribulation" design. This makes sense as many of my spaces and the way I aim for them to play,  are theatrical in nature. Theatre is often about charcter conflict resolution over the trials and tribulations they experience throughout the plot.

When I say "Trial and Tribulation" I mean I like to shift the "moral integrity" into the hands of the players versus the map. I enjoy spaces that' challenge and test a player in various combat scenarios, often putting them in lopsided and seemingly unfair positions. They are tests of charcter, challenges that push there boundaries, test there worth and the strength of there resolve to overcome adversity within the geometry and combat scenarios I craft. 

While there are many that enjoy this style of design, the challenge of overcoming the adversity I create, the opposite effect can also be true, and more times then not often is, and many players loathe the spaces and combat within them..  It's interesting that moral weakness (like lack of patience, inattentiveness, and egocentrism) may actually be a root cause of why one player may enjoy this form of design, while another may want the map itself to deliver the justice.  

I'd also love to talk to you about this @Soldat Du Christ as I believe you may have some insight on the subject.

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear

¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬†ūüĎÄ

look.PNG

8 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

@icyhotspartin Will definitely have to do that soon, the topic really peaks my interest. I believe that a consumers strengths and weakness in character, as well as cultural differences, can affect the way they derive pleasure from a product such as an FPS game. 

After having some good discussion with @Box_HoesI've been thinking more and more about the responsiblity of an FPS level designer to create fair, balanced, just and morally integral spaces vs design that intentionally places the burden of integrity on the player.

As I've come to asses the various forms of my designs, I've realized that many of my designs are what I'll coin as a 'Trial

and Tribulation" design. This makes sense as many of my spaces and the way I aim for them to play,  are theatrical in nature. Theatre is often about charcter conflict resolution over the trials and tribulations they experience throughout the plot.

When I say "Trial and Tribulation" I mean I like to shift the "moral integrity" into the hands of the players versus the map. I enjoy spaces that' challenge and test a player in various combat scenarios, often putting them in lopsided and seemingly unfair positions. They are tests of charcter, challenges that push there boundaries, test there worth and the strength of there resolve to overcome adversity within the geometry and combat scenarios I craft. 

While there are many that enjoy this style of design, the challenge of overcoming the adversity I create, the opposite effect can also be true, and more times then not often is, and many players loathe the spaces and combat within them..  It's interesting that moral weakness (like lack of patience, inattentiveness, and egocentrism) may actually be a root cause of why one player may enjoy this form of design, while another may want the map itself to deliver the justice.  

I'd also love to talk to you about this @Soldat Du Christ as I believe you may have some insight on the subject.

I would like to follow up this post by bringing attention to the fact that although "Trial and Tribulation" design puts players in seemingly unsurmountable or lopsided situations, and difficult geometry for lesser skilled or newer players of the map  to move through, the tools to succeed off spawn as the losing team or winning team are always present. However it often takes a humbling of the player to rethink how they play and asks them to be willing to conform there desired playstyles into what can often be very narrow logic in order to be successful.  The maps can be a bit of an enigma or puzzle in this manner and sometimes it can take many playthroughs to understand exactly how to use the geometry advantageously. It's brutal, but these maps often punish even the most slight mistep, untimily or uncoordinated push. 

Winning multiple gunfights is often not even rewarded at all if other factors don't align with those success 

and players must learn how position themselves in accordance to the enemy and there teamates to force situations where gunfights will be rewarded and pick up on the sutble situations where they won't. It's very complex, and very hard to understand unless you get in and grind games.

That is why I love designing  in this manner as it's an extreme challenge to balance and play these maps. It requires a lot of player agency, and for players to be willing to check themselves unless they want to reck themselves.  If players are up for the task, I believe this type of design can foster even more moral growth within the self, as hardship and the triumph over it, builds character. This can go either way as if players arent up for the task at hand ,the difficulty and forced logic conformance to the geometry that I demand can cause some to collapse and become frustrated with the map and themselves. Often times shifting the blame to the map for there own shortcomings and failures.  I'm aware this type of design isn't for everyone, and I actually advise players to not even bother playing the maps if they aren't able to forgo what they expect a "Halo" map to be. 

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear
1 hour ago, no god anywhere said:

The developers of call of duty have literally given up on designing their levels. These maps make me feel insulted.

Is the rest of the game bad too? Im enjoying mw2019 multiplayer so far, im not experiencing any of the problems people complained about at launch, like excessive claymore and camping. But maybe thats because i only play hardpoint, demolition, and tdm

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

3 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Is the rest of the game bad too? Im enjoying mw2019 multiplayer so far, im not experiencing any of the problems people complained about at launch, like excessive claymore and camping. But maybe thats because i only play hardpoint, demolition, and tdm

Its MW 2019 just balanced a little differently. Multiplayer is extremely frustrating because the maps, player visibility and netcode are serious issues. I dont want to say too much else about MP cause the game just came out and i think everyone is having a bad time still. Campaign is super average until near the end when it goes all BO1 trippy twisty on you. Havent played zombies, warzone isnt new.

The game looks and feels great.

Worth a Buy? No.

Edited by no god anywhere