6 minutes ago, Kantalope said:

It's like a ding dong playing peekaboo

a bell end?

also I noticed that 343 went into all this trouble to make this area look good... but when you look up

2475e740459c28f388e905537229013e.jpg

you see this....looks way better, mysterious and fits the mood better. IMO 😆  dark, foggy, nice ambient light. not overly burdened by BLUE LIGHTS AND fx

b5eab8f890e06be66c3246a965ca2e19.jpg

15 minutes ago, JB_ said:

a bell end?

also I noticed that 343 went into all this trouble to make this area look good... but when you look up

2475e740459c28f388e905537229013e.jpg

you see this....looks way better, mysterious and fits the mood better. IMO 😆  dark, foggy, nice ambient light. not overly burdened by BLUE LIGHTS AND fx

b5eab8f890e06be66c3246a965ca2e19.jpg

Why are there so damn lines and random numbers on the Halo 4 HUD lol

Here's some work stuff if you guys are interested. Two recent cabinet jobs. Everything in the pictures I painted, and we also had to measure and drill for all new hardware, which sucks. Fun fact, the hardware in the first was almost 90 dollars each, at over 200 pieces, you do the math lmao

Trevor Rosenthals new house, completely renovated, old cabinets we refinished

https://imgur.com/gallery/Az6QZZV

A recent Job that was literally finished a few hours ago today. They wanted the same colors. It was all a very dark stain before, mucho ugly

https://imgur.com/gallery/rUr5Yfe

22 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

would you consider the upside down crosses on oblivion, the demonic alter/chapel  and the fictional representation of hell that the map is set in to be a graven image? Something the lord commands against in the commandments?  Or otherwise blasphemous and not glorifying to God?

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments." Exodus 20:4-6

I can't speak for Multi when he was making these, and have no idea if he regards the things he made to the point where he worships them or serves them. What I can say is that the interpretation is of pagan origin; The Bible's hell is not a place where wicked people immediately go when they die, and burn for eternity. Rather, to summarize, it is the second death given to the wicked by fire coming down from New Jerusalem onto a desolate earth, after the thousand years of the righteous were brought up to Heaven to live and study there. The lake of fire God sends punishes everyone outside of the great city according to their wicked deeds; some people burn up quick, some burn slow, but Satan will burn the longest. After that, they no longer exist. Read your Bible carefully and ask for the Holy Spirit to help you study, and you will come to the same conclusion.

Now, concerning the rest of the topic you gave; I had already spoke to you that I no longer want to affiliate with the thing you've set up. I conceded a little to hear you out, but now I'm considering not wanting to have any part. My thoughts on that will be either spoke or typed some other time.

I will ask you this; is it really worth being the black sheep?

Had another dream last night about a map, but this time it was a call of duty map, and really cool...

So it was a aircraft carrier broken in half sitting at the bottom of a dried up ocean, but it was balencing in the middle of a fault line..

so if you can imagine a big aircraft carrier broken in half bent in on itself, so players are always going up and down on a steep slope, and all the cover was make up of jet plane wings suspended in air with cables, which made the lines of sight really cool... oh man i hope these dreams keep comming

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

7 hours ago, icyhotspartin said:

How’d I miss two pages of ‘classic’ WAYWO? Perhaps because then core of classic WAYWO no longer appeals to my preferences as the individual consumer.

But why is that?

Perhaps because there are some objectively ascertainable issues with the frame and content of the conversations?

Hide contents

The current emphasis on theology in this thread is frankly detrimental to the growth of this website. WAYWO here is not the same as WAYWO at FH. Here, WAYWO is the front-and-center anchor. There, WAYWO was the oft-ignored intellectual corner. I don’t have any issue with you all discussing a theological source for your designs, in fact I recommend that you do discuss that as it is related to DESIGN, and because the religious texts of the world are ripe to be picked for aesthetic and narrative inspiration. But when the topic of theology turns into veiled ad-hominems, in particular when it feeds into a public discussion meant to discredit or sow doubt as to the morality of a particular member or members according to ostensible representatives of a fragmented faith, when the evidence presented is so spurious, I take issue. I never had any problem arguing with any of you over at FH on the topics of philosophy, morality, and theology - I went deep and I went particular, out in the open - but I never made it personal.

The repeated stressing of theological - and moral - ‘gotcha’ games being played under the guise of design discussion is the main issue here. @SaltyKoalaBear, if you think that Multi is ‘not a real Christian’ or ‘immoral’ because he has used satanic or graven imagery in his level designs, then I have two things for you to do: say it straight out, and consult the history of Christian thinkers who have used a depiction of a Christian Hell as a literary device to elucidate theological principles. If you can’t do that, I recommend you resolve the conflict elsewhere - again.

So, I do not wish to consume this particular content, as an individual consumer with preferences, because I no longer wish to argue something which is meant to be used as a blunt instrument to one-up or put-down members of this site through passive-aggressive and exceptionally stale means. Move on, dude!

JB is currently carrying this thread with his Guardian inspired map, and Soldat with his CSGO map. Two very interesting projects!

7 hours ago, icyhotspartin said:

How’d I miss two pages of ‘classic’ WAYWO? Perhaps because then core of classic WAYWO no longer appeals to my preferences as the individual consumer.

But why is that?

Perhaps because there are some objectively ascertainable issues with the frame and content of the conversations?

Hide contents

The current emphasis on theology in this thread is frankly detrimental to the growth of this website. WAYWO here is not the same as WAYWO at FH. Here, WAYWO is the front-and-center anchor. There, WAYWO was the oft-ignored intellectual corner. I don’t have any issue with you all discussing a theological source for your designs, in fact I recommend that you do discuss that as it is related to DESIGN, and because the religious texts of the world are ripe to be picked for aesthetic and narrative inspiration. But when the topic of theology turns into veiled ad-hominems, in particular when it feeds into a public discussion meant to discredit or sow doubt as to the morality of a particular member or members according to ostensible representatives of a fragmented faith, when the evidence presented is so spurious, I take issue. I never had any problem arguing with any of you over at FH on the topics of philosophy, morality, and theology - I went deep and I went particular, out in the open - but I never made it personal.

The repeated stressing of theological - and moral - ‘gotcha’ games being played under the guise of design discussion is the main issue here. @SaltyKoalaBear, if you think that Multi is ‘not a real Christian’ or ‘immoral’ because he has used satanic or graven imagery in his level designs, then I have two things for you to do: say it straight out, and consult the history of Christian thinkers who have used a depiction of a Christian Hell as a literary device to elucidate theological principles. If you can’t do that, I recommend you resolve the conflict elsewhere - again.

So, I do not wish to consume this particular content, as an individual consumer with preferences, because I no longer wish to argue something which is meant to be used as a blunt instrument to one-up or put-down members of this site through passive-aggressive and exceptionally stale means. Move on, dude!

JB is currently carrying this thread with his Guardian inspired map, and Soldat with his CSGO map. Two very interesting projects!

My intent was never to "one up" multi, Nor was it to call into question his faith. I don't know his heart, and it's not in my place to question his Christianity. 

Rather, I have legitimate concerns, or rather confusion,  about how his Design philosophy, which I have been told is clear cut and from the Word of God, is put into action within the content he creates.

It's possible that he only believes the geometric gameplay logic need adhere to the moral, integral, and just principals taught in the Bible as the visual content on some of his projects seems to be in opposition to what the Bible teaches about religious imagery and how it should be represented. These posts where my attempt to bring discussion and attention to the disparity between these two things.  I am extremely fascinated by that theological FPS Level Design philosophy, and I actually agree with most of it, but I am also  extremely confused as to how it manifests within his creations. Sorry for rubbing you the wrong way, I'll drop it if you truly believe it's detrimental to the public image of this thread. My apologies to all the members of neckleveldesign.org

4 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

My intent was never to "one up" multi, Nor was it to call into question his faith. I don't know his heart, and it's not in my place to question his Christianity. 

Rather, I have legitimate concerns, or rather confusion,  about how his Design philosophy, which I have been told is clear cut and from the Word of God, is put into action within the content he creates.

It's possible that he only believes the geometric gameplay logic need adhere to the moral, integral, and just principals taught in the Bible as the visual content on some of his projects seems to be in opposition to what the Bible teaches about religious imagery and how it should be represented. These posts where my attempt to bring discussion and attention to the disparity between these two things.  I am extremely fascinated by that theological FPS Level Design philosophy, and I actually agree with most of it, but I am also  extremely confused as to how it manifests within his creations. Sorry for rubbing you the wrong way, I'll drop it if you truly believe it's detrimental to the public image of this thread. My apologies to all the members of neckleveldesign.org

Like I said, if it’s actually about design, go for it. But state your premises and make an argument outright, and do not camp shotty with your line of questioning. Again though, it is clear to me that the core of your motivation for discussing it isn’t so much the actual design as it is the end of showing someone up and/or tearing them down.    

And yeah, there’s totally merit in holding others to their standards - but you have to actually know what their standards are to do that. I know this is your standard, and I will tell you flat out that you are angling this particular issue like a combination of a ‘YouTube atheist’ and ‘Mom Against Satanic Television Un-Rearing Boys’ Already Terrific Intellect and Natural Gains’.
I’m not a Christian myself, but I can tell you that the Divine Comedy has probably done more to convey the moral, aesthetic, philosophical principles behind the common Christian conception of Hell than any sermons have for the last 700 years. So I doubt you will get anywhere asking questions about pentagrams and inverted crucifixes in fantasy settings meant to set a tone evoking mystery and fear.

And didn’t you also say that you don’t really do well with typing things out? Why do you keep bringing up this question over a typed format? Why not just pm or vc the target of your questioning? 

so for now the textures are just repeating cause I take one wall chunk and repeat it around the whole level to map out where the walls should go. then I can combine them into a giant chunk like bungie did here. and retexture it properly technically I dont have to but it'll be easier in some cases. I don't have to make the WHOLE room one piece. That could be a pain in the ass. I was thinking I'd just separate walls, ceilings and floors. and snap em together like you guys do on forge.  I'm an idiot I can just mirror the other wall chunks and make it look like the pattern is going naturally instead of repeating. NVM

Edited by JB_

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/soldat-duchrist/video/116999289

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/soldat-duchrist/video/116999413

sick games we had guys, @Box_Hoes congrats on your map, definitely rewards intelligence more than any of my maps, looking forward to playing again tomorrow 

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/soldat-duchrist/video/116999289

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/soldat-duchrist/video/116999413

sick games we had guys, @Box_Hoes congrats on your map, definitely rewards intelligence more than any of my maps, looking forward to playing again tomorrow 

That pulse nade fucked me up I couldnt get out of sniper lmao

And idk about all that but thanks it definitely has multiple strategies/ a lot of ways to play it which I really wanted 

Hopefully tomorrow I’m not on 3-4 hours of sleep though RIP

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/box-knows/video/117005733

2 minute clip of me doing work on last bastion (the end is Ascended when I back both of you down continuously and push garden)

Edited by Box_Hoes
1 hour ago, icyhotspartin said:

nice, vaguely Celtic 

my musical taste is hovering more around this right now

oh, map’s public

C154DC92-5C44-4BA4-8B0E-C25FB569AD04.thumb.png.b4b93a3c47637ded2cc59fcb326ea60b.png0AC36DAB-4252-433A-8D43-F091E5F4C741.thumb.png.7f3cf74bb2740462369fa67aed95d8a8.png4478EF5B-6D92-45B9-A3A7-A41EBDDB5681.thumb.png.befcbb1559dde014c244532a1790f236.png

Looks really nice, a very fleshed out map. I give that tele an A+ too. Wasn't on it long, but I would personally look out for a potential stalemate if one team attempts to hold the outside. It may not be impossible to deal with, but it may be hard enough to brings games to a halt. Here's a quick example.

First position, on this ledge above the ramp. Only vulnerable to the tele platform, which is easy to back off from, and from underneath, which the teammate checks for you

giphy.gif

Seconds position, checks underneath first teammate and is safe from the tele platform. Only vulnerable from those nade windows behind, but since players can't jump through, the nades would have to kill, as getting this guy 1 shot with a nade can't be capitalized on because of how long it takes to reposition from that inner room

giphy.gif

I could be missing something, but this jumped out at me as soon as I learned all the pathways. I would just suggest making that window behind the second position traversable through a jump, OR you could angle the floor next to the windows down (instead of up like they are now) so people from the inside can shoot this guy, and retain your pathways. Any outdoor setups will likely hinge on this second player, so dealing with that should prevent any other combinations of position that I didn't try.

44 minutes ago, Westin said:

Looks really nice, a very fleshed out map. I give that tele an A+ too. Wasn't on it long, but I would personally look out for a potential stalemate if one team attempts to hold the outside. It may not be impossible to deal with, but it may be hard enough to brings games to a halt. Here's a quick example.

First position, on this ledge above the ramp. Only vulnerable to the tele platform, which is easy to back off from, and from underneath, which the teammate checks for you

giphy.gif

Seconds position, checks underneath first teammate and is safe from the tele platform. Only vulnerable from those nade windows behind, but since players can't jump through, the nades would have to kill, as getting this guy 1 shot with a nade can't be capitalized on because of how long it takes to reposition from that inner room

giphy.gif

I could be missing something, but this jumped out at me as soon as I learned all the pathways. I would just suggest making that window behind the second position traversable through a jump, OR you could angle the floor next to the windows down (instead of up like they are now) so people from the inside can shoot this guy, and retain your pathways. Any outdoor setups will likely hinge on this second player, so dealing with that should prevent any other combinations of position that I didn't try.

yeah, that’s given me some headaches (position 2), I’m considering widening that window - test it out  W/ gameplay and get back to me though

oh and yes, I’d say you are missing something for position 1

Aye, who wants some gabagool!?

Oh, and the layout will be uploaded to the workshop tomorrow. A bit preemptive considering I haven't tested timings/with bots, but it'll be nice to see what people say. Quite a few boost spots. Here's the layout:

de_treatment_radar.jpg?width=910&height=

If any of you want to make a good radar, use Terr Auto Radar for sure. Literally no need to mess around in photoshop.