1 minute ago, Westin said:

The real question is, what if the food I eat changes when I'm not hungry? What if food serves purposes dynamic to the situation and therefore is fluid and cannot be objectively traced? What if I cook tilapia one night, and fish sticks the next? Can quality be measured if the very measurements are taken by that which is immeasurable?

You just think you're better than everyone.

3 hours ago, Westin said:

The real question is, what if the food I eat changes when I'm not hungry? What if food serves purposes dynamic to the situation and therefore is fluid and cannot be objectively traced? What if I cook tilapia one night, and fish sticks the next? Can quality be measured if the very measurements are taken by that which is immeasurable?

See, the thing is, the food you’re eating doesn’t really change - it’s your transcendent ego cognizing about the content of your consciousness differently as it passes through time. You see, the knowledge you claim about the enjoyment of the food you are eating is itself an entirely separate act of consciousness from the act of consciousness necessary to identify the food itself - both of which are contained to the transcendent ego. What this means is that the reality which is the object of your cognition is in fact entirely an eternally renewing inner-outgrowth of the content of your consciousness, and not externally verifiable in the least, as there is nothing external to be verified; ergo, your ascended subject (consciousness) is that which is the source of all that can be considered objective: the act of consciousness itself!

what if sword base is designed this way because ONI took inspiration from the  forerunner structure they excavated deep below the rock... So when they ended up building the eventual building to study it, they just designed it with the new ALIEN design in mind...

04006501a41dfac6baa739e72d092f7d.jpg

20kt9u.jpg

shit is str8 forerunner guy

Edited by JB_
21 minutes ago, Westin said:

@icyhotspartinMind if I use your word choice to describe chief/cortana in my video about the ideal halo game? It fits perfectly

If you’re not careful, I might quote myself in my own video 😉

Absolutely, and feel free to attach my name to it haha

Imagine being so ego-centric, so self affirmed, that you believe yourself to hold the knowledge of what the ultimate purpose of FPS games and  level design is for all humans, the ultimate and exact reasons why people should use/play them as products and have an absolute grasp on the exact values and hierarcy of skills within them, combined with the complete knowledge on how to manifest those through geometry and how those skills should and will manifest themselves through  that geometry for all people, in all situations. 

Oh wait I forgot..... it doesn't come from yourselves it comes from the devine wisdom of the Lord. Silly salty, how dare you question the wisdom of the level Design prophets I just need to let y'all do my thinking for me since your thought is so enlightened. 

3 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

Imagine being so ego-centric, so self affirmed, that you believe yourself to hold the knowledge of what the ultimate purpose of FPS games and  level design is for all humans, the ultimate and exact reasons why people should use/play them as products and have an absolute grasp on the exact values and hierarcy of skills within them, combined with the complete knowledge on how to manifest those through geometry and how those skills should and will manifest themselves through  that geometry for all people, in all situations. 

Oh wait I forgot..... it doesn't come from yourselves it comes from the devine wisdom of the Lord. Silly salty, how dare you question the wisdom of the level Design prophets I just need to let y'all do my thinking for me since your thought is so enlightened. 

1: You're a caricature by this point. I know what I believe, and I know what Westin believes. And what you just described isn't it so, this is like the 5th time I'm correcting you on it and you don't care to revise yourself so your goal by making these posts is nothing but to make us look bad. 

2: Please let this go and stop talking dude, no one cares. Do you know how many times someone has come to me and been like "every time I'm in an Xbox party with Nate he brings you up and rants about Arcanum and Port 66."

Port 66 man, that was literally like 4 years ago. I've never met someone as butthurt as you. The funny thing is I had no idea you were holding on to all this for so long, I thought we were friends. I even have your name in the Odyssey video. At this point I just really want you to stop talking and go away though. 

Though diverse models for the scientific method are available, there is in general a continuous process that includes observations about the natural world. People are naturally inquisitive, so they often come up with questions about things they see or hear, and they often develop ideas or hypotheses about why things are the way they are. The best hypotheses lead to predictions that can be tested in various ways. The most conclusive testing of hypotheses comes from reasoning based on carefully controlled experimental data. Depending on how well additional tests match the predictions, the original hypothesis may require refinement, alteration, expansion or even rejection. If a particular hypothesis becomes very well supported, a general theory may be developed.[4]

I'm splitting up  "The Perfect Halo" video into 2 or 3 parts... also I'm three pages in and I think it's by far my best script as of yet. I think you guys will like this one

7 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

"The LORD detests differing weights, and dishonest scales do not please him" - Proverbs 20:23 

"For I the LORD love justice, I hate robbery and wrong" - Isaiah 61:8

"It is not good to be partial to the wicked or to deprive the righteous of justice" - Proverbs 18: 5

Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness, and his upper rooms by injustice, who makes his neighbor serve him for nothing and does not give him his wages" - Jeremiah 22:13

"Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due" - Romans 4:4

"Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD understand it completely" - Proverbs 28:5

Be careful what you mock.

52 minutes ago, Westin said:

I'm splitting up  "The Perfect Halo" video into 2 or 3 parts... also I'm three pages in and I think it's by far my best script as of yet. I think you guys will like this one

"The LORD detests differing weights, and dishonest scales do not please him" - Proverbs 20:23 

"For I the LORD love justice, I hate robbery and wrong" - Isaiah 61:8

"It is not good to be partial to the wicked or to deprive the righteous of justice" - Proverbs 18: 5

Woe to him who builds his house by unrighteousness, and his upper rooms by injustice, who makes his neighbor serve him for nothing and does not give him his wages" - Jeremiah 22:13

"Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due" - Romans 4:4

"Evil men do not understand justice, but those who seek the LORD understand it completely" - Proverbs 28:5

Be careful what you mock.

1 John 2:15-16

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world

11 minutes ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

1 John 2:15-16

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world

Hmm, okay... I agree with that? I don't see how this relates at all to this situation or conversation. As always, you are masterfully talented at never arriving at a point and derailing the topic at hand.

6 minutes ago, Westin said:

Hmm, okay... I agree with that? I don't see how this relates at all to this situation or conversation. As always, you are masterfully talented at never arriving at a point and derailing the topic at hand.

We can just have a voice discussion on the matter if you'd like, I'll address all your ignorance directly. 

Long story short, I think you and multi are extremely inept at determining exactly what justice is within the construct of FPS level design and it's caused you to mis-evaluate perfectly just things as injustices due to your own shortcomings and  a lack of understanding within yourselves. 

It's great if you understand that justice is key to design, but you need the actual objective ability, knowledge and skill to understand how that manifests itself otherwise your judgments are going to be shortsighted and unwholesome in there conclusions. That's always been my issue, it's crazy it's that hard for you to figure out.  I don't claim to be the perfect judge either, I'm still learning, as is everyone, due to our imperfect nature as humans and the imperfect nature of the sinful imperfect nature of the FPS construct.  At least  I have the humility to admit it. 

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear

I love seeing two people go back and forth with the authoritative word of God... epic...

I think you guys are both dogging each other though, you're free to question his intentions but salty actually brings up completely viable talking points, even if they come off as subtle personal attacks. Like the question of whether or not Christians should do this or that are valid topics that shouldn't be immediately written off as personal attacks. But he is obsessive and should learn to accept other people aren't always going to respect or understand your same conclusions. Like @MultiLockOn and me walked around on last bastion before, and we had a good back and forth talk about why we disagree about some stuff, and that was perfectly fine, i'm okay with others not seeing eye to eye on my creations and i wouldn't hold it against them even if they are wrong. so @SaltyKoalaBeartry to let it go man, you'll both be more likely to understand one another after the emotions settle and nobody cares anymore

And @Multixandrith, understand that you guys actually agree with saltys fundamental principles, but you disagree on the METHOD, insisting on talking about integrity and justice when talking about map balance is something he actually values also, you guys just disagree on how to get there. He's not a subjectivist, he understands there are objective principles but sees there different ways to get there. If you guys start by acknowledging this, and stop saying day of defeat has no value which is really bad to say because that's not being graceful and every ones creations have redeeming qualities you can find, you guys can start with common ground

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

34 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

I love seeing two people go back and forth with the authoritative word of God... epic...

I think you guys are both dogging each other though, you're free to question his intentions but salty actually brings up completely viable talking points, even if they come off as subtle personal attacks. Like the question of whether or not Christians should do this or that are valid topics that shouldn't be immediately written off as personal attacks. But he is obsessive and should learn to accept other people aren't always going to respect or understand your same conclusions. Like @MultiLockOn and me walked around on last bastion before, and we had a good back and forth talk about why we disagree about some stuff, and that was perfectly fine, i'm okay with others not seeing eye to eye on my creations and i wouldn't hold it against them even if they are wrong. so @SaltyKoalaBeartry to let it go man, you'll both be more likely to understand one another after the emotions settle and nobody cares anymore

And @Multixandrith, understand that you guys actually agree with saltys fundamental principles, but you disagree on the METHOD, insisting on talking about integrity and justice when talking about map balance is something he actually values also, you guys just disagree on how to get there. He's not a subjectivist, he understands there are objective principles but sees there different ways to get there. If you guys start by acknowledging this, and stop saying day of defeat has no value which is really bad to say because that's not being graceful and every ones creations have redeeming qualities you can find, you guys can start with common ground

Sure, all of this is good, and I agree! But they guy you're trying to get me to relate with more than I already do just called me inept, and himself humble, in the same post. Yeah... so there's nothing to work with here. We can't get anywhere unless the ill will, emotion, and 4 years of pent-up anger is done away with. I'm not angry at anyone - seriously. At worst, salty's adamancy is kind of just... irritating, and gets the best of my patience, but I love him as a brother, even though he nonstop calls my character into question as a Christian.. but oddly at the same time has held a grudge longer than most unbelievers I know could. It's a wall we can't get past, because we both just apologized in private messages and left off on what I thought was a good note, an understanding. Obviously that's not the case anymore, and apparently this isn't going away.

"Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:29-32

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this to you a few times before in private but, I still really like Last Bastian despite any qualms I have with it. The level of critique I have with it isn't anything heavier than what exists on my own maps and I'd put it right in my bucket of favorite doubles maps. I honestly would play it more I just forget about it honestly. But if you're on in like an hour and a half let's run it