15 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this to you a few times before in private but, I still really like Last Bastian despite any qualms I have with it. The level of critique I have with it isn't anything heavier than what exists on my own maps and I'd put it right in my bucket of favorite doubles maps. I honestly would play it more I just forget about it honestly. But if you're on in like an hour and a half let's run it

if my lady will let me, ive been on the games alot lately XD i wish you and xandrith would get on earlier

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

Working on my stain placement instead of finishing the map.

414a054f0a88051cbb24d5c57aed15ff.jpg

nah just getting reacquainted with UE4. Getting the materials metallic and adding all the extra bump maps to make them POP. figuring out how to get the decals to work properly and not look totally shite.

It's been a hwile

6f3d6500f16eee5cc3a804ef56adb0f5.jpg

4648ed43460fbc8d1fbd5eb867958888.jpg

also I always wanted to bring back the OG spooky forerunner ambient noise from Hang Em High so I'm gonna combine this with guardian's ambience.  It's too late it's already done really.

Edited by JB_
12 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

@S0UL FLAME @Box_Hoes @Westin good matches last night. I had dreams about not screwing up that Arcanum match for Westin and I when I had double rockets lol

Wait till I get my SERIES X 

I had a dream we were playing doubles on some weird volcano idk who made it, probably Purely

26 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

thats actually a really dark meme

lmao funny enough I didnt notice the dark humor.

The title and context when I first saw I thought it meant like the ending of Reach where NOble 6 is fighting a losing battle.... Here he's fighting a losing battle trying to save Halo at 343 offices. Or ya know... If you need something done, send in a spartan (to finish the game)

401585772ffda95ba14db82c826dc149.png

but I could totally see the dark angle. 

@Soldat Du Christ I am going to have a clip for you if the theater film is still available. Has to do with my corner camping meme. I forgot to clip it but I think it was in the second game we played on your map saturday. Let's just say I love trees.

19 minutes ago, JB_ said:

RIP I FOUND THE REAL STAINS

a7264bc79f358b1f4e8c8af8ac7cc48f.png

That looks like when my dog drags his poopy butt across the carpet

@purely fat i already saw it, good job man, i like seeing as you guys are learning the map they are using things like the crypt and the windows and pillar platform now instead of just running straight at each other mindlessly

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

3 hours ago, JB_ said:

I GOTCHU FAM....

Maps can be downloaded here. https://haloce3.com/xmf/

Download the maps you want and be sure to also download the "campaign, shared and menu" maps too. They have shared info that the maps use and if you don't put them in the folder with the map you want to extract, it may not extract all the textures (because it shares assets across files). 

So for example, Guardian folder should look like this. before you extract anything from the maps.

3d591f3ac39f0b92c574059c108f4ab0.png

The program you want is called Adjustant 4.2.0.0P

https://mega.nz/file/YttllQZY#tjrTM6_jNjaGMLz6Sr4I998qMvQ70mx-qb2otYrpaVM

Once you have that you can just, open the program. Click File, New and then navigate to that Guardian map file....

the map and most of the textures will be found under "scenario_structure_bsp"

0cc18cd6f5dd04a9ff5a36a3c6786c67.png

but you can use the search function on the left to find more stuff. that's how I found the forerunner stains. Otherwise I never extracted them. 

That middle button at the top gives you the bitmap extractor and model viewer obviously offers the BSP extraction.

Now im not sure if this works out of the box for blender. I know it has a plugin for max to import the map geometry. It probably works for blender. But you probably dont need it unless you want to really look at the maps wireframe, but if you're only after textures you should be gooood.

Do you want the assets or just the textures, or both?

I'm not extracting the assets (models) just textures 

Textures mainly, but the assets themselves would be fun to play with if I can get them to blender or unreal. Thanks for the write up!

14 minutes ago, Brad said:

Textures mainly, but the assets themselves would be fun to play with if I can get them to blender or unreal. Thanks for the write up!

Bungie doesn't have many "assets" most of their geo is unique to the level. And i guess because of the way the engine was, a lot of the geo is air tight so a lot of those pieces are stitched into the WHOLE map...

There's only a few assets. The adjustant will show you what are assets, they'll be under "instances".

NVM they rely a lot on instances DAAAMn

Edited by JB_

@Soldat Du Christ pretty much any map, I start getting once I realize what it takes to manipulate spawns. I like maps that punish people for mismanaging spawns and the map definitely does that pretty well. Plus the point I was using as a pivot is fairly dangerous so all it would take is a rotation on an angle that I have to push out for and for my teammate to get killed before I rotate. The only sort of gross thing is you can delay camo and increase its value a bit. Using camo ten kills in is more effective than at the beginning of the game. Might be interesting to play a version with a single rocket launcher at the crypt and two light rifles where the power weapons are currently. Not sure how well it would go but I would be curious to see how the dynamic of the map changes from that or a similar setup. I think the map definitely plays small enough you could try some shit to make it even more pistol oriented. Still want to play the current version more before I play any experiments.

I was specifically referring to a moment where I waited behind a tree for soul flame to pinch box. I couldn't believe he forgot I was there.