19 minutes ago, JB_ said:

I bought the game on a whim here's what people who actually cared about the game think....

they're not happy. But to your credit, I think half of this is the fans fault. Ironically, even after reading the above Reddit post I still think the fans built too much hype around the game. They even went overboard with the expectations of features that would ship in the game which got into everyone else's heads. I wasn't really expecting any GTA level of depth in the open world but apparently the "fans" say they were promising a lot that just never happened. But I cannot comment on that as I didn't follow this game like the fans did. I saw the few demos here and there and bought the game on release. that's about all I know about it.

I expected a game with a lot of choices so that it could have a ton of different endings and storylines like the witchet 3, something very wide. From what I've heard, it does that exceptionally well, and the world building from what I've seen looks second to none. I don't think cdpr ever promised anything else. 

13 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

I expected a game with a lot of choices so that it could have a ton of different endings and storylines like the witchet 3, something very wide. From what I've heard, it does that exceptionally well, and the world building from what I've seen looks second to none. I don't think cdpr ever promised anything else. 

That's actually one aspect I really am liking right now so I'm excited to replay the game another two times to experience the other backgrounds. I can't wait to get a new GPU and actually max it out too.

Also check out this cybermeme that made me die

kenmh4t203561.jpg

Edited by JB_

It's not outrageous to be disappointed that the game falls short in some very standard areas, that post JB shared was pretty spot on. CDPRs front page for cyberpunk is entirely accurate now they've removed "rpg" from the marketing material

Screenshot_20201215-120137.thumb.png.8aadaa09f547325b56d073ac3b104ab4.png

Either way, i'm enjoying both the memes and the game

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

33 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

It's not outrageous to be disappointed that the game falls short in some very standard areas, that post JB shared was pretty spot on. CDPRs front page for cyberpunk is entirely accurate now they've removed "rpg" from the marketing material

the biggest thing I cant stand is the start menu and inventory options for controller are like... swapped?  the back button brings up the "quit to main menu, options etc." but the pause button brings up the map, inventory etc. I'm still not used to it.

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Screenshot_20201215-160323.thumb.png.dccfc565c181926beff6c29b3e5a3b18.pngScreenshot_20201215-160343.thumb.png.01a95cf6b9276515f62ebed42af2c626.png

It's good to know the moral bible based designers are enjoying this game and defending it. You guys are ascended. I don't know if I should be more impressed with twitchs tolerance or y'all's. 

Is this what a Christ pleasing game looks like and consists of??? I am genuinely confused. 

The human body is a beautiful thing (sometimes, lol).  Condemning it isn't really helpful to anyone, in my opinion.  I've no idea about what other kind of 'sexual' content is being referred to since I don't have the game and haven't played it, but it seems like a pretty poor example to use considering we come from a community where the entire purpose of the game we primarily play is to kill our opponents.  Hypothetically, in a world where what we do in a video game has an impact on the fate of our soul, wouldn't that be more worrisome? 

1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

The human body is a beautiful thing (sometimes, lol).  Condemning it isn't really helpful to anyone, in my opinion.  I've no idea about what other kind of 'sexual' content is being referred to since I don't have the game and haven't played it, but it seems like a pretty poor example to use considering we come from a community where the entire purpose of the game we primarily play is to kill our opponents.  Hypothetically, in a world where what we do in a video game has an impact on the fate of our soul, wouldn't that be more worrisome? 

It was a terrible example to be honest. The over sexualization of the Cyberpunk 2077 universe is one of the least morally deplorable aspects of this fictional universe. CD Project Red in general has made some very questionable subject matter into "entertainment". I've been very busy lately but hopefully I'll have sometime to extrapolate on why I believe engaging in and using these types of products can be mentally unhealthy for those trying to lead a mentally healthy lifestyle. 

Ironically, westins video about design intergirty and it's ability to affect the user is extremely relavent here. 

@SaltyKoalaBear thats a good question to raise, you shouldn't be getting downvoted for that. The game is representing the worst of hunanity, everything is sexualized and there is blasphemy here. But at the same time, idk about you, but i don't need to play cyberpunk to see blasphemous and over sexualized things shoved in my face, it happens every time i go outside. So really, it's not that much different than our world today in that regard. Whenever i play a game or watch a movie, i just try to look for the good. Knowing God helps separate what's wrong from what's right

Being a patient gamer is a wonderful thing. Simply because I wait, games are cheaper, less buggy,  better optimized and fully fleshed out by the time I get to them. I've been waiting for next Gen for many titles like Witcher 3, rdr2, skyrim remastered, etc. There are so many games there's lottle reason to be playing single player games at full price on release. 

Also Imagine where cyberpunk will be in a couple years from now, how it should of been there on release, and how some of you are defending the state its in now. That shit is so beta male and such a slippery slope. Keeps getting worse but whatever doesn't effect me much since I just wait. 

2 minutes ago, Westin said:

Beta male? Lmao. We haven't even talked about bugs or anything like that, but game design. The game is buggy, there's no denying that and nobody here has mr dudebro

I mean I did use all encompassing terms and description rather than just talking about bugs but whatever no big deal.

5 hours ago, Westin said:

How beta male of you. "the state it's in now" is obviously referring to glitches, bugs, optimization and stuff like that, otherwise you wouldn't suggest it to be a temporary state of the game broseph. Nobody has "defended the state its in now" as if we're fine with the bugs and glitches. That's obviously a problem but that hasn't even been a topic of discussion yet. Slippery slope my guy

I've seen a lot of discussion about how poor ai is in cyberpunk but according to your response cdpr clearly did a great job programming their NPCs. I'd say you've proven a point. 

Edited by no god anywhere

people were reporting the lack of nudity as a bug and CDPR had to confirm its not a bug but intention....

you never see your characters dong outside the inventory menu.... when you remove all your clothes your character will retain underwear at all times....

so ppl got to look at a dick in the customization menu for no reason....

what are they doing at game companies man? is everyone just sipping stupid juice?

1 hour ago, JB_ said:

people were reporting the lack of nudity as a bug and CDPR had to confirm its not a bug but intention....

you never see your characters dong outside the inventory menu.... when you remove all your clothes your character will retain underwear at all times....

what are they doing at game companies man? is everyone just sipping stupid juice?

No, V gets made fun of when other characters find out that they're circumcised lol

Yeah i've seen some really sick protests on reddit, people upset that there are only 2 prostitutes to screw, or that there are only a few equipable dildos, some people really where hoping this game would be a new age gender bender degenerate fantasy, and i'm so glad it's not that. There actually alot of wholesome moments in this game, shout out to my man delamain! Alot of the marketing material did suggest it was going to be that kind of game though, which is why i was second guessing my purchase

21 hours ago, JB_ said:

yeah this game is weird. it seems way more unopimtized than I ever thought even on PC The game is doing normal performance things like occlusion culling but it's doing it without even hiding it. Some people are reporting that when they turn around and turn back, the NPCs that were there before are swapped out for new NPC's or just gone entirely...

So the game is trying to save performance but it's not doing a good job at hiding it. SO either the game is so fucked that they had no choice to do it this way, or it's soooooo buggged to fuck that it's just fucking everything up... Domino effect.

and then there's cops spawning on buildings (Takes GTA cops spawning in the middle of the desert to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL!

What naw. That's future tech. Teleporting cops save money over using cop cars

I think im gonna restart the game. Im 13 hrs in but I dont understand shit....

Or they're just super good at showing and not telling cause I haven't been told shit... Hopefully I can catch up to where I'm at again relatively quickly. I'll have a lot better understanding of how the game/mechanics/economy works so I shouldn't be uncomfortable this time around. i have this dumb OCD in games where I NEED to know all options before taking them. To the point where I'll do all options, reload the save and pick the option I want and go from there.... 

The mission where you get the spider bot. I took 3 different dialogue options to see how it would play out...My ass

Also I was super afraid of causing crimes in the city so I never really stole a car (since cops spawn inside you) figured I didn't want to be on a cop chase 90% of the game like GTA 5... So I just ran to most missions. Didn't think about the COPS AI being so broken they forget about you by the next block.

Edited by JB_
40 minutes ago, JB_ said:

I think im gonna restart the game. Im 13 hrs in but I dont understand shit....

Or they're just super good at showing and not telling cause I haven't been told shit... Hopefully I can catch up to where I'm at again relatively quickly. I'll have a lot better understanding of how the game/mechanics/economy works so I shouldn't be uncomfortable this time around. i have this dumb OCD in games where I NEED to know all options before taking them. To the point where I'll do all options, reload the save and pick the option I want and go from there.... 

The mission where you get the spider bot. I took 3 different dialogue options to see how it would play out...My ass

Also I was super afraid of causing crimes in the city so I never really stole a car (since cops spawn inside you) figured I didn't want to be on a cop chase 90% of the game like GTA 5... So I just ran to most missions. Didn't think about the COPS AI being so broken they forget about you by the next block.

I felt overwhelmed by all the stats and skill trees and loot in the beginning as well, getting comfortable with all that early on will make for a better long term experience, so you aren't bumbling around with controls or specing into things just because you want to keep up with the increasing difficulty.. My advice is to just walk through watson before starting the heist mission and just pick fights with all the gang members in the alley ways, and keep doing that with all the different weapon categories until you find out what feels the most fun and effective. And dont stress about specing into the wrong weapon category, it's not too punishing later on, you can still use other weapons even if you arent speced in them. 

I started out wanting to do a terminator/ robocop build with guerilla arms shotguns and magnums, but now i pretty much use whatever highest level gear i find since they are all fun. Im not touching hacking or the stealth tell my second playthrough which I decided will be an uptight corpo women who wants to roll around in the mud for a while before going back to her day job 

5 hours ago, JB_ said:

Badly implemented cyber Trans-Inclusivity, I am assuming?