4 hours ago, JB_ said:

something I'm noticing about cyberpunk. This is now a cyberpunk thread. sorry boys.

The world feels smaller than gta. Walking a block in CB is way faster than gta. So either the scale is much smaller or we walk super fast in CB. Having said that the world FEELS bigger artificially. The environment, the buildings I mean. in GTA every building is a FACADE. Just a hollow 3d shell with nothing inside. I was actually surprised how much depth there are to buildings in CB. Even if I wasn't supposed to explore some of the areas it still felt like they planned it out (and scrapped it unfortunately) Like I found what I thought was a train station WAAAY up in one of the bigger buildings in CB2077.

It felt good to go there and not have it glitch out because there actually an interior to render. But at the same time it's kind of sad that a lot of stuff like the train station I was on was most likely cut otherwise the platform wouldn't even need to exist as you can't view it from up there. they could delete a lot of the faces that we dont see anymore and could probably help in terms of optimizing. probably wouldn't help much but. There was a lot of area's I was just wondering why they didn't go back and cull it or remove faces that weren't seen.

ALSO THE LAUGHABLY LOW POLY ENVIRONMENT. This on- ramp is like 5 polygons.

0fdccac70c259de25f3b3b0ec14096a2.jpg

Cyberbunk? 

I've got a couple of 2v2s ready for testing, we're gonna be playing in 2 hours but was wanting to watch some of the lads in here run around them at some stage too. Down to show anyone around them that wants to take a look, theres a covey mirror sym and an A/D asym. But yeah any 2v2 playtests I could get would be great. Will probs post them to projects when they're done anyway, cheers. 🙂

I got a list, here's the order of my list that it's in

It goes Purely, Salty, SoulFlame then Multi

Slaphead The Square God, Gaza, Box, X and Icy

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope everyone will have a good day. Though this has been a strange year. I hope everyone takes today to remember what is important to them. 

I was also hoping my Christmas Song would publish today. But it did not. So here is a link to my Soundcloud with my Rendition of Carol of the Bells. I hope you all enjoy and have a Merrry Christmas.

5 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Sums up my experience so far. Really disappointing. I also note that the dialogue choices have little to no effect on what I experience. I’m playing this right now instead:

374EA7C2-8718-41B6-A1A1-0E291C480D2E.thumb.jpeg.2ebc502050ef4a792cb1852a543a0d90.jpeg

What is everyone's thoughts on Halo: Infinite releasing on Base xbox one?

Personally...

• Halo 5 barely ran on xbox one without Dynamic resolution. 60fps sure, but with the resolution dropping everywhere.
  • They cut split screen because good luck playing forge maps on splitscreen and trying to maintain 60fps. We saw how that worked in Halo 4 (same engine) no shit they cut splitscreen. Now they somehow expect to bring it back for infinite.  (prob series x and PC exclusive) HILARIOUS. Queue Phil spensers horrible PR response of "gamers don't sit on couches together anymore, they do it online"
  • I personally could be wrong about this one but I feel like Xbox one held back cyberpunk in some geometry areas. A while back I posted the photo of the highway onramp and it was like 5 polygons.... Yeah. That's what I mean. Now either the modeler just didn't make modular enough assets for the level designers or, they just didn't have the POLYGON budget to warrant all the extra polygons that curves require. I DON'T KNOW, just speculating. Polygons aren't free and 343 keeps upping them.
  • The only reason I understand releasing on the current gen is the pure amount of Base xbox one's out in the wild vs series X. They stand to make more money, but it will probably cost them their rating in the end.
  • Hope I'm wrong there are beautiful games out like RDR2 which does just fine across all gens. Metro Exodus is another one. 
  • Maybe they go some other route and ONLY allow it on xbox one X... Gives them a bit more headroom to work with since it's way more powerful

Edited by JB_
29 minutes ago, JB_ said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Halo: Infinite releasing on Base xbox one?

Personally...

• Halo 5 barely ran on xbox one without Dynamic resolution. 60fps sure, but with the resolution dropping everywhere.
  • They cut split screen because good luck playing forge maps on splitscreen and trying to maintain 60fps. We saw how that worked in Halo 4 (same engine) no shit they cut splitscreen. Now they somehow expect to bring it back for infinite.  (prob series x and PC exclusive) HILARIOUS. Queue Phil spensers horrible PR response of "gamers don't sit on couches together anymore, they do it online"
  • I personally could be wrong about this one but I feel like Xbox one held back cyberpunk in some geometry areas. A while back I posted the photo of the highway onramp and it was like 5 polygons.... Yeah. That's what I mean. Now either the modeler just didn't make modular enough assets for the level designers or, they just didn't have the POLYGON budget to warrant all the extra polygons that curves require. I DON'T KNOW, just speculating. Polygons aren't free and 343 keeps upping them.
  • The only reason I understand releasing on the current gen is the pure amount of Base xbox one's out in the wild vs series X. They stand to make more money, but it will probably cost them their rating in the end.
  • Hope I'm wrong there are beautiful games out like RDR2 which does just fine across all gens. Metro Exodus is another one. 
  • Maybe they go some other route and ONLY allow it on xbox one X... Gives them a bit more headroom to work with since it's way more powerful

Money > well being of consumer base

Well being of consumer base ≠ money (because we are idiots who keep buying Halo regardless)

Therefore, it's totally okay from the business perspective to lie about how it will perform so the millions who don't buy new consoles can still give them money, because remember...

m o n e y  >  e v e r y t h i n g