6 hours ago, Westin said:

great video, what i really appreciate about this video that i think you lacked in the last video, is that you are not coming across as a militant elitist who accepts nothing but the best, which you normally do. I'm glad you included those bits later in about the redeeming qualities of halo 5, and how its less offensive in certain categories when compared to other games.

It is VERY important when participating in these kinds of conversations about creative works to acknowledge the larger scope of what it has to offer, pointing out the redeeming qualities alongside the critiques. When someone only comments on what can be improved upon, and ignores what has been achieved, you will more likely turn away the ears of those you are preaching to because they will instead perceive you as having bad intentions and a nasty heart, and the message will not land.

this will set you apart from the people who do just that, because they dont care about helping the culture and giving feedback to the creators, those kinds of people want to see the other side burn and have a great time watching it happen

continue to be gracious and gentle alongside your critiques moving forward with this series and i think it will be very valuable for those at 343, and even aspiring designers in general, good job

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

4 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

great video, what i really appreciate about this video that i think you lacked in the last video, is that you are not coming across as a militant elitist who accepts nothing but the best, which you normally do. I'm glad you included those bits later in about the redeeming qualities of halo 5, and how its less offensive in certain categories when compared to other games.

It is VERY important when participating in these kinds of conversations about creative works to acknowledge the larger scope of what it has to offer, pointing out the redeeming qualities alongside the critiques. When someone only comments on what can be improved upon, and ignores what has been achieved, you will more likely turn away the ears of those you are preaching to because they will instead perceive you as having bad intentions and a nasty heart, and the message will not land.

this will set you apart from the people who do just that, because they dont care about helping the culture and giving feedback to the creators, those kinds of people want to see the other side burn and have a great time watching it happen

continue to be gracious and gentle alongside your critiques moving forward with this series and i think it will be very valuable for those at 343, and even aspiring designers in general, good job

Yeah I think it's easy for newer creators to sound more assertive. Go back and watch favyns old videos and you see the same. I think part of it is just not being comfortable recording your voice, while at the same time you're trying really hard not to be monotone. It just takes time to sound natural, no way around it.