3 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

That kid that clambers back up is fucking sick 

People can really be damaged mentally in video games I realized, that voice fluctuation spoke much more than words could have.

Sick video looking forward to the next one 

I was trying to be funny, might be reading into that a little too much, but thanks

8 minutes ago, Westin said:

How did I know that would be the only part you'd comment on

My favorite part of the video was your orbital Jump comparison, but for a slightly different reason then you highlighted. So in order to keep that jump as impressive as it was in Halo 3, one would need the space to be comparably treacherous to pass. In Halo 5 this would mean  increasing the vertical and horizontal distance to retain the same feeling of accomplishment....

This of course would not only change how the sightlines worked, but also the spatial proportions/geometric ratios of the area which in turn would affect how the player EMOTIONALLY feels about the space.   We are always thinking about how sprint/clamber/thrust and stabilize effect the gameplay, but I find its effect on how we artistically/emotionally perceive spaces in the game to be just as egregious if not more so.    Spaces, like the gap shown in the orbital jump video, had certain emotions tied to there geometric proportions based on the limitations of you as the character.  With Halo 5, those same spaces don't convey the same emotional meaning as they aren't threating in the same way as they once were. So In order to provide a similar emotional feel, the space itself would have to be enlarged greatly. Put shortly, the link between emotional perception of areas is quite different in Halo 3 versus Halo 5. Compare this to something you remember being larger then life as a child, versus how the same things (sledding hill, creek, stairs in house, roller coaster at an amusement park etc) feel so much smaller as an adult. Our perspectives changing affect how we feel about the world and space around us and this also holds true in the videogame realm. Thats why sprint/thrust/clamber/stabilize  are so much more damaging to the identity  of what Halo is and was to us then most players even realize. I mean just look at the spatial differences between Truth and Midship . Midship is this cozy space that gives us x.y,z feelings while truth is the large imposing atrium that gives you a whole different set of emotions,yet functionally the spaces operate quite similarly. 

The counter video that popped up in response to this,

Tackles the functional aspect, but completely ignores the  emotional transgressions that the space provides. 

A bit of a rant, but wanted to say well done on the video and It is kind of making me want to make a video of my own on this topic!

2 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

My favorite part of the video was your orbital Jump comparison, but for a slightly different reason then you highlighted. So in order to keep that jump as impressive as it was in Halo 3, one would need the space to be comparably treacherous to pass. In Halo 5 this would mean  increasing the vertical and horizontal distance to retain the same feeling of accomplishment....

This of course would not only change how the sightlines worked, but also the spatial proportions/geometric ratios of the area which in turn would affect how the player EMOTIONALLY feels about the space.   We are always thinking about how sprint/clamber/thrust and stabilize effect the gameplay, but I find its effect on how we artistically/emotionally perceive spaces in the game to be just as egregious if not more so.    Spaces, like the gap shown in the orbital jump video, had certain emotions tied to there geometric proportions based on the limitations of you as the character.  With Halo 5, those same spaces don't convey the same emotional meaning as they aren't threating in the same way as they once were. So In order to provide a similar emotional feel, the space itself would have to be enlarged greatly. Put shortly, the link between emotional perception of areas is quite different in Halo 3 versus Halo 5. Compare this to something you remember being larger then life as a child, versus how the same things (sledding hill, creek, stairs in house, roller coaster at an amusement park etc) feel so much smaller as an adult. Our perspectives changing affect how we feel about the world and space around us and this also holds true in the videogame realm. Thats why sprint/thrust/clamber/stabilize  are so much more damaging to the identity  of what Halo is and was to us then most players even realize. I mean just look at the spatial differences between Truth and Midship . Midship is this cozy space that gives us x.y,z feelings while truth is the large imposing atrium that gives you a whole different set of emotions,yet functionally the spaces operate quite similarly. 

The counter video that popped up in response to this,

Tackles the functional aspect, but completely ignores the  emotional transgressions that the space provides. 

A bit of a rant, but wanted to say well done on the video and It is kind of making me want to make a video of my own on this topic!

I agree with all of this. I remember playing Doom eternal and they give absolutely insane mid air control on top of insane movement speed and 2 thrusts that are each like double the distance of the h5 ones. In turn, there was basically no fear of ever missing a jump, and the jump puzzles they did have had the platforms so unbelievably far apart it was stupid

1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

I agree with all of this. I remember playing Doom eternal and they give absolutely insane mid air control on top of insane movement speed and 2 thrusts that are each like double the distance of the h5 ones. In turn, there was basically no fear of ever missing a jump, and the jump puzzles they did have had the platforms so unbelievably far apart it was stupid

Two words: Full. Send.

$20 says infinite has prop flying with grapple hook

I mean we can technically do this now with melees/butterflyglitch, if I sit on top of ur head and melee and u melee up at my feet... perpetual motion...  FREE ENERGY

8 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

What are you even saying

You know, fully committing to something without knowing/caring about the consequences? The best ways to describe a full send is skiing down an unfamiliar path through trees as fast as possible, trying to drift your stock 2000's impala at an icy roundabout, and trying to finish a map in 10 seconds by exploiting the movement system. The latter is, like, expected in order to finish a Doom Eternal level lol

Basically extreme recklessness for hype. Think Hoonigan.

10 minutes ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

I made a waterpark instead, you good!

Chronyard is a go. Wip pics? 

Coming soon. Playing a few matches on it now and it goooooood! Probably not my GOAT, but its up there! It was a concept that ive been thinking about for awhile that i slapped together with some pretty random connections,  but it definitely works well. Love to see some pics of yours too!

Edited by Chronmeister
4 hours ago, Chronmeister said:

4ad68bd8-b5f7-4fed-87ce-eb692c3ffe01_Thumbnail.PNG

7c7941a8-7847-41eb-84e9-85ec7f54f00b_Thumbnail.PNG

438b7387-c170-4d7b-a87f-f62a9e6e8173_Thumbnail.PNG

bcaa1a9d-5df0-4f6d-8ab0-e5076daff447_Thumbnail.PNG

cdc97301-afeb-4096-b71e-28022178fe42_Thumbnail.PNG

0c5e30ea-5e7d-4eb4-80d3-207bc9720fa7_Thumbnail.PNG

505dcd34-a3ad-4c90-8f09-3a78b312594e_Thumbnail (1).PNG

Basically an anthill which is what im calling it. A mound with a playable top. Sloping sides lead to multiple entrances to mound.  its playable and ill make it public tommorrow morning after a few touchups.

An anthill has way smaller holes in it, so that the colony is able to control the climate inside in a profound way with certain tunnels leading compost air out of the hill and certain other ones bringing air in.

I think you didn't transfer that aspect really well. Kappa.png.05b696201a867c1c9d8c1d2db7606dfd.png

Edited by Buddy Jumps