Over the past week or so an idea for an encounter, and eventually a map, just kept popping into my head. I really don't care about Halo 5 but it just keeps presenting itself. Even saw the whole trailer, which is a little gratuitous I know, but still it's one of the more fun things to make if you like editing. I even broke yesterday and blocked out a central encounter with PC forge, which I couldn't have even tried if my brother didn't JUST visit to give me his controller (all mine had faulty USB connections so thay can't work on pc).

I don't know, we'll see where it goes. Thought about trying to make it a 1v1 map for the sake of time and object count, but the more I think about it, the more it seems incredibly difficult to pull off in base H5, and I had some whacky geometric ideas that may just end up being tower defense if I'm not careful. Either 2v2 is easier, or that's just what I'm used to. Maybe both. If I do ever finish it (slowly) it'll all be at once with the map thread and a trailer to match. As much as I like the dopamine rush of getting rep on forums, I've always wanted to drop a map that way.

And you know what? It's been like a year and two months since I last exercized the design muscle. Not good. I could be so much better than I am now if the current Halo gave me motivation

1 hour ago, Westin said:

Over the past week or so an idea for an encounter, and eventually a map, just kept popping into my head. I really don't care about Halo 5 but it just keeps presenting itself. Even saw the whole trailer, which is a little gratuitous I know, but still it's one of the more fun things to make if you like editing. I even broke yesterday and blocked out a central encounter with PC forge, which I couldn't have even tried if my brother didn't JUST visit to give me his controller (all mine had faulty USB connections so thay can't work on pc).

I don't know, we'll see where it goes. Thought about trying to make it a 1v1 map for the sake of time and object count, but the more I think about it, the more it seems incredibly difficult to pull off in base H5, and I had some whacky geometric ideas that may just end up being tower defense if I'm not careful. Either 2v2 is easier, or that's just what I'm used to. Maybe both. If I do ever finish it (slowly) it'll all be at once with the map thread and a trailer to match. As much as I like the dopamine rush of getting rep on forums, I've always wanted to drop a map that way.

And you know what? It's been like a year and two months since I last exercized the design muscle. Not good. I could be so much better than I am now if the current Halo gave me motivation

Halo maps

Bop Update

So far one of the more difficult parts of the design process has been evaluating what is a difficult fight/encounter vs what is an unfair fight/encounter.  It feels so wrong to me designing this map, but it's fun to try and think in others shoes.  At 740 hard objects (does not include lights, invs blockers, Spawns, weapon or cromas) for a near complete playtest build. 

Basically my goal for this one will be to create something out of my comfort zone that rewards forward thinking over reactive thinking and allows players to use clever macro movement and forethought to defeat there opponents vs micro movement and Geo manipulation (will still be present but to a much lesser degree) Really interested in how @Soldat Du Christ @Westin @MultiLockOn critique my design choices on this one! Wip screenshots coming soon

6 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

Bop Update

So far one of the more difficult parts of the design process has been evaluating what is a difficult fight/encounter vs what is an unfair fight/encounter.  It feels so wrong to me designing this map, but it's fun to try and think in others shoes.  At 740 hard objects (does not include lights, invs blockers, Spawns, weapon or cromas) for a near complete playtest build. 

Basically my goal for this one will be to create something out of my comfort zone that rewards forward thinking over reactive thinking and allows players to use clever macro movement and forethought to defeat there opponents vs micro movement and Geo manipulation (will still be present but to a much lesser degree) Really interested in how @Soldat Du Christ @Westin @MultiLockOn critique my design choices on this one! Wip screenshots coming soon

you can have both, but im excited to see it, make it public so i can look at it in the morning. also i think its sus how quickly you built the map, i usually put months of thought into my premiere stuff, but maybe thats because im not as talented, i know you are really good at pumping out cool stuff quickly

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

you can have both, but im excited to see it, make it public so i can look at it in the morning. also i think its sus how quickly you built the map, i usually put months of thought into my premiere stuff, but maybe thats because im not as talented, i know you are really good at pumping out cool stuff quickly

As always, the one-trick pony's here, so quit your sulking
Born efficient, got ambition, sorta vicious, yup, that's me
Not artistic, unrealistic, chauvinistic, not those things
Go the distance, so prolific, posts are cryptic, move swiftly
Unsubmissive, the king of mischief
The golden ticket, rare sight to see
I stay committed, embrace the rigid
I'm playful with it, yeah, basically
Too great to mimic, you hate, you're bitter
No favoritism, that's fine with me
Create the riddles, portrayed uncivil
Unsafe a little, oh, yes, indeed
It's plain and simple, I'm far from brittle
Unbreakable, you following?

I'm Bruce Willis in a train wreck
I'm like trading in your car for a new jack
I'm like having a boss getting upset
'Cause you asked him for less on your paycheck
I'm like doing headstands with a broke neck
I'm like watching your kid take his first steps
I'm like saying Bill Gates couldn't pay rent
'Cause he's too broke, where am I going with this?

Unbelievable, yes, yes, inconceivable

See myself as fairly reasonable
But at times I can be stubborn, so
If I have to I will rock the boat
I don't tend to take the easy road
That's just not the way I like to roll
What you think's probably unfeasible
I've done already a hundred fold, a hundred fold
It's probable that I might press the envelope
Ideas so astronomical
Sometimes I find them comical
Yeah, incomparable, replay value phenomenal
map selection remarkable, slowing me down, impossible.

9 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

im down to play some h3 customs on your maps if you get more people

I'll get on that sometime this week - don't even know how to share the maps in case you guys want to run them without me though, MCC is dog. Anyone know how to share my files to the file share so that they are visible? I've tried 'sharing' them in the MCC file menu, but they don't show up anywhere

1 hour ago, icyhotspartin said:

I'll get on that sometime this week - don't even know how to share the maps in case you guys want to run them without me though, MCC is dog. Anyone know how to share my files to the file share so that they are visible? I've tried 'sharing' them in the MCC file menu, but they don't show up anywhere

the only way for ppl get ur mapis marketing on youtube and twitter and 343's "find player" feature...

Which I was just about to shit on but, fileshare required you to fucking add the person, and then load up their h3 fileshare from the guide.... Find player actually might be the better solution. Touché 343

Edited by JB_
20 minutes ago, JB_ said:

the only way for ppl get ur shit is marketing and 343's "find player" feature...

Which I was just about to shit on but, fileshare required you to fucking add the person, and then load up their h3 fileshare from the guide.... Find player actually might be the better solution. Touché 343

Yeah, well... I have no confidence that my shared files will actually appear when someone searches my gamertag. They don't even show up when I'm looking at my own files, so idk what kind of spaghetti is under the hood but it is very annoying. If anyone wants to try and find the first one I posted, the file is called 'Recourse'

14 hours ago, icyhotspartin said:

Yeah, well... I have no confidence that my shared files will actually appear when someone searches my gamertag. They don't even show up when I'm looking at my own files, so idk what kind of spaghetti is under the hood but it is very annoying. If anyone wants to try and find the first one I posted, the file is called 'Recourse'

OH ACTUALLY yeah I think its cause PC doesn't have fileshare, but xbox does... or some backwards ass shit like that. id have to check. 

Like you can upload shit on xbl fileshare and download it on PC, but dont think u can upload ANYTHING on PC. 

164b9d74f8b939ff2f0e808eeae99004.jpg

oops im right, or its my fileshare is already packed

Also ur map is there.....

79917427c618b15215c398c6839de316.jpg

Edited by JB_

Olympus is finally pretty much done. One more rounds of clean up and it is good. Night Flight is cleaned up finally, Lost Girth is almost cleaned up, the stupid well is almost done, Delta Halo is like an hour of work from being done, then all that is left is the aftermath map and night jog art thing.

I'd share pictures but you know... I'm me.

Edited by purely fat
44 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

@SaltyKoalaBear  is this the tactical Halo siege game you wanted? Note who’s taken over development

people are so pissed because theyre like "how can you make a game that's not taking side?! it's literally from the soldiers perspective."

these are the dudes who made halo 2 arbiter missions... plus they may go medal of honor and make us feel really shitty about what were doing in the game. I dont know anything about the game or conflict so i'm ignorant to it.

On 2/21/2021 at 8:49 AM, SaltyKoalaBear said:

As always, the one-trick pony's here, so quit your sulking
Born efficient, got ambition, sorta vicious, yup, that's me
Not artistic, unrealistic, chauvinistic, not those things
Go the distance, so prolific, posts are cryptic, move swiftly
Unsubmissive, the king of mischief
The golden ticket, rare sight to see
I stay committed, embrace the rigid
I'm playful with it, yeah, basically
Too great to mimic, you hate, you're bitter
No favoritism, that's fine with me
Create the riddles, portrayed uncivil
Unsafe a little, oh, yes, indeed
It's plain and simple, I'm far from brittle
Unbreakable, you following?

I'm Bruce Willis in a train wreck
I'm like trading in your car for a new jack
I'm like having a boss getting upset
'Cause you asked him for less on your paycheck
I'm like doing headstands with a broke neck
I'm like watching your kid take his first steps
I'm like saying Bill Gates couldn't pay rent
'Cause he's too broke, where am I going with this?

Unbelievable, yes, yes, inconceivable

See myself as fairly reasonable
But at times I can be stubborn, so
If I have to I will rock the boat
I don't tend to take the easy road
That's just not the way I like to roll
What you think's probably unfeasible
I've done already a hundred fold, a hundred fold
It's probable that I might press the envelope
Ideas so astronomical
Sometimes I find them comical
Yeah, incomparable, replay value phenomenal
map selection remarkable, slowing me down, impossible.

Did you just rip off NF clouds? 

Edited by no god anywhere