2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

you guys never answered my question from several pages ago... if there wad one game you could have someone play, who ordinarily doesn't play games, maybe even never played a game, which would it be and why

?

are you also asking us who we would pick to play?

hmmm.  I think my favorite game series ever is probably metro. and I picked it up on a whim, I remember whatching a TotalBiscuit video about it. I literally only bought it for it's "impressive graphics"  it's the most immersive game I've ever played. No other game dev comes close to the level of detail they throw down on their levels. Like I wonder how their game looks in engine cause there's so much shit thrown around the level? like wires, broken bottles, shit on the floor (rubbish), torn fences/gates, dead bodies. It's littered with trash. and Idk how the game runs so good with all this shit scattered on every inch of the floor.

this main menu shows a bit of what I mean. Also the game has really trippy and cool super natrual elements to it. Coupled with being in the metro that was actually modeled after the russian metro creeps me out.

2136b22706e17b4a2fca81766f0f7a19.jpg

I'd make people play that for immersion to see what games can do.

Edited by JB_
15 hours ago, JB_ said:

are you also asking us who we would pick to play?

hmmm.  I think my favorite game series ever is probably metro. and I picked it up on a whim, I remember whatching a TotalBiscuit video about it. I literally only bought it for it's "impressive graphics"  it's the most immersive game I've ever played. No other game dev comes close to the level of detail they throw down on their levels. Like I wonder how their game looks in engine cause there's so much shit thrown around the level? like wires, broken bottles, shit on the floor (rubbish), torn fences/gates, dead bodies. It's littered with trash. and Idk how the game runs so good with all this shit scattered on every inch of the floor.

this main menu shows a bit of what I mean. Also the game has really trippy and cool super natrual elements to it. Coupled with being in the metro that was actually modeled after the russian metro creeps me out.

2136b22706e17b4a2fca81766f0f7a19.jpg

I'd make people play that for immersion to see what games can do.

i never played the older ones, but metro exodus was awesome, absolutely nailed the survival horror vibe, with elements of open world exploration, doesn't hold back for new players at all, took me a while to get used to the mechanics, but i loved every minute of it. 

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

i can't decide between  red dead 2, and the last of us (1st one only)

the reason i would pick one of those games is because i want people to see how much potential games have as an art form, see all the additional layers games have over film and literature etc. they are both like 3d linear movies with room for expression and potential for divergent narratives

i think the next step for the future of games is to fully embrace the emergent narrative and emergent gameplay that only games can provide with a meaningful sandbox and lots of depth

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

i never played the older ones, but metro exodus was awesome, absolutely nailed the survival horror vibe, with elements of open world exploration, doesn't hold back for new players at all, took me a while to get used to the mechanics, but i loved every minute of it. 

exodus is probably the worst game of the series imo... it completely lost everything that made metro, metro...

the biggest being the metro itself ...

the metro was a good story telling device because of its linear nature you could tell  more easily tell the narrative and show narrative elements in the level. and you could more easily populate it with the cool supernatural elements and weird interactions because the players will have to follow the path (of linearity) anyway...

tho even as linear as i say the game is, its not super linear, tons of ways to approach your target. exodus isnt a bad game by any means but its the weakest of the series... my favorite part of the game is the end of it, because it was a true metro experience at the last level.....

you know what im talking about.

Since H5 is on its way out, I see no purpose to make new map threads until Infinite. For now, I'll be distributing gifts through the WAYWO like I did before. I hope to play with you on them, and that you'll also have maps to show and play.

Firstly.

872ee2e0 4225 4c2d 87d0 9446f8abfd43

The map I had teased before is complete. Sunlight Keep is its name. It holds two Speedboosts, a Sentinel Beam, and a gimmick similar to the energy doors found on maps like Snowbound and Epitaph. Made for Doubles, naturally. Here is the download: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Oh SoulFlame#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Oh SoulFlame_159395ef-1d4c-415e-9fbe-9c1a8e82ea98

Secondly.

65010438 1866 4800 8661 a157da46c5d7

The map I had made previously, Vice, has received a simpler layout to focus battles into a more comprehensible level. There was too much chaos for my taste, so I hope this makes it more approachable. Here is the download: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=Oh SoulFlame#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_Oh SoulFlame_c31c6bdd-098b-4c77-835a-07fec3bcb2e9

Enjoy.

If you guys could change anything about Arcanum / Oblivion if they were to be made as premiere dev maps for a AAA game, what would they be.  Artistically, design wise, where do you guys think those two maps lend themselves the weakest. How could they be way cooler in every way, and bullet proof for pro play.

Assume the game isn't a steaming pile of dog shit and you can kill people and maneuver acrobatically without dropping your weapon.

2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

If you guys could change anything about Arcanum / Oblivion if they were to be made as premiere dev maps for a AAA game, what would they be.  Artistically, design wise, where do you guys think those two maps lend themselves the weakest. How could they be way cooler in every way, and bullet proof for pro play.

Assume the game isn't a steaming pile of dog shit and you can kill people and maneuver acrobatically without dropping your weapon.

i have my own ideas ofcourse but im more curious to understand why you haven't taken the initiative on iterating on your maps, afraid to mess up the original intent? or are they perfect already?

@JB_ I can’t find any vids of it yet to make me seethe and wanted to also show the odd results of searching those keywords

@Soldat Du Christ before this spirals out of control, nowhere in any post on the topic of Arcanum etc. has Multi claimed to have never iterated his maps - only that they have remained essentially untouched after officially publishing them - and asking whether anyone would change one thing on them does not imply that no iteration ever took place prior to publishing them  // move along

48 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

@JB_ I can’t find any vids of it yet to make me seethe and wanted to also show the odd results of searching those keywords

@Soldat Du Christ before this spirals out of control, nowhere in any post on the topic of Arcanum etc. has Multi claimed to have never iterated his maps - only that they have remained essentially untouched after officially publishing them - and asking whether anyone would change one thing on them does not imply that no iteration ever took place prior to publishing them  // move along

? can you stop assuming bad intent and just mind your own shit

6 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

If you guys could change anything about Arcanum / Oblivion if they were to be made as premiere dev maps for a AAA game, what would they be.

I would suggest cleaner geometry around the playspace part of the maps. Getting your player model caught on something in the middle of a fight is never fun.

10 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Dude we know nothing about your game, any feedback would be in regards to h5. The maps can play WAY different with different player mechanics