On 4/2/2021 at 8:43 AM, Soldat Du Christ said:

you guys never answered my question from several pages ago... if there wad one game you could have someone play, who ordinarily doesn't play games, maybe even never played a game, which would it be and why

?

Tough question, I lean towards something they might be able to have fun with that wouldn't require a ton of game time. So something like Mario Kart, Bomberman, early zeldas, etc. Something simple most likely. If it was to represent what I like about games, CE, KH2, DS2 (PVP), any modern hero shooter including tf2. You know me I have a hard time picking favorites. It would depend on the person which one of these games I would choose.

23 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

If you guys could change anything about Arcanum / Oblivion if they were to be made as premiere dev maps for a AAA game, what would they be.  Artistically, design wise, where do you guys think those two maps lend themselves the weakest. How could they be way cooler in every way, and bullet proof for pro play.

Assume the game isn't a steaming pile of dog shit and you can kill people and maneuver acrobatically without dropping your weapon.

You basically fixed your maps if you no longer have to lower your weapon to use the otherwise clamber only movement routes. The reliance on clamber in order to move to alot of positions on Oblivion  really hurts the map as a whole imo.  Acranum less so, but some of the ledges that are .5 units higher then a crouch jump are obnoxious, along with the key chain clamber jump by rockets. Basically the challenging (clambering player) is always at a disadvantage and 1 shot down. So when you have "main" routes that are supposed to be checks/balances but you have to clamber to use them, it makes them not viable for accomplishing there designed purpose and very rewarding for the defense player, thus punishing for the offensive one. 

Also, most people on the forums know nothing about your game so it makes all of the feedback that might be given somewhat worthless seeing as maps should be designed around player traits/weapon mechanics, spawn system (this one is huge)  and the games gameplay identity goals.  So something as simple as increased jump height, speed, or primary ttk etc... is going to completely change how a design functions and is evaluated.

Would lockout be a stagnating slayer map if everyone spawned with jetpacks? 

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear

On 4/8/2021 at 3:50 AM, MultiLockOn said:

If you guys could change anything about Arcanum / Oblivion if they were to be made as premiere dev maps for a AAA game, what would they be.  Artistically, design wise, where do you guys think those two maps lend themselves the weakest. How could they be way cooler in every way, and bullet proof for pro play.

Assume the game isn't a steaming pile of dog shit and you can kill people and maneuver acrobatically without dropping your weapon.

Is the project secret due to contract restraints? If you're allowed to disclose external work, even just a devlog would be nice and its helped gain a lot of support for games like Ill and Thouest Thee/Wrought Flesh. 

FatKid LD > Core LD

He hasn't got any faults, but maybe he's not perfect. But he didn't do anything.

5 minutes ago, Box_Hoes said:

Forger makes unconventional layout pushing boundaries. Community/sweaty kids: map is trash 

bungie makes same map. Sweaty kids: oMg bUnGiE iS sIcK 

Thats because most players wouldn't at least be able to articulate why they like something. Realistically the community should've adopted some kinda knowledge for understanding why spaces and encounters are good/bad due to macro/micro/active sandbox meta before passing judgement in the same way we have to think about them before designing. But unfortunately, there are more CincyBearcats92s in the Halo sphere than there are TheActMans.

FatKid LD > Core LD

He hasn't got any faults, but maybe he's not perfect. But he didn't do anything.

51 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

You're joking, but 343 actually did that with Truth and Regret.

yeah and honestly those maps  regret probably wouldn't be so bad without all the abilities and the unreasonable stretching out of the map. Regret pretty much is amp 

Edited by JB_

1 minute ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

the passive aggressiveness on this site is so next level i dont even know whos talking to who anymore 

Plot twist, its all directed at Brad

FatKid LD > Core LD

1524374704_unnamed(3).jpg.aba28e45772b8982f1e85062dc5f4bb2.jpg741e0e61989087b4d1254e9e8018eaf4.thumb.jpg.f3de1ec714dd9002770f31ec8e691b3c.jpg

g_artofincredibles2_17_77e5061b.jpeg.b4ebb1de3b4f2733e4201920f77142bf.jpeg

Im obsessed with these pixar  concept art panels, such rich and vibrant colors coupled with beautiful composition.  I'm definitely going to be focusing more on improving my use of color and overall composition in my maps come infinite. 

layout_and_lighting_08.jpg.571c94ab8c89f09fc8c74f0a030dbbcf.jpg

Silhouette-01.thumb.jpg.d9ae33ffe87ea34143623f12fdb945bf.jpg

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear