Pheromone is a piece of Equipment that surrounds the user’s player model with three flood spores who autonomously attack nearby enemies, traveling along biped paths and well as through spore-specific routes (like up into narrow pipes and vents).  

Once your parasitic entourage has been deployed, flood spores encircling you like triple red shells, tapping the B button commands one to travel to the targeted location, allowing the user to pinch enemies between himself and his floody buddies.  Hold B to recall spores.  

Spores reanimate corpses into more powerful AI allies.  The more enemies you kill, the more powerful your minions become, putting all that biomass to good use.  Weapons that not only kill but also incinerate the target player model can be used to starve the flood, preventing evolution into more powerful forms.  

Most armor abilities (A) move the player horizontally.  Spartans Thrust.  Elites Evade. The Brute armor ability bucks this trend, enhancing vertical movement instead.  

Gravity Boots 

While standing, A performs an upward High Jump.  

While airborne, A initiates a movement-stopping Hover.  

While hovering, A performs a downward Ground Stomp.  

Most aerial abilities (LB) move the player vertically.  Spartans activate Jump Jet.  Elites perform a Wall Kick.  The Brute aerial ability bucks this trend, enhancing horizontal movement instead.  

Gravity Gauntlet 

While airborne, LB causes the player to lunge forward a short distance.  

Pressing A while running activates an arcing high jump, sending the player up and over.  While in the air, LB instantly jerks the player in a new direction.  To finish off this sequence, double tapping A shoots the player back down to the ground, tout suite.  

Much like a Knight in Chess, the combination of these two movement abilities allows the player to move up and over, change directions mid-air, then come flying back down for the kill.  

40 minutes ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

I hope Halo Infinite brings more level design Gods. 

Yeah.  Hopefully fated will return.  Venom, Wildfire, Arknado, and Ender were righteous.  

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

thats because your only here for the drama

I mean your not wrong.... I'm extremely amused by the designers that talk but don't actually walk.  Dudes will make like 3 maps and think they have ascended pure neural enlightenment haha Level design is actually sweaty AF and the understanding of it is still in it's infancy for the ENTRIE community me inculded.. to understand level design is to understand human nature at it's core... And any man that claims to know that is lying to themselves. 

We've only just begun to understand the very edges of it. 

I really hope Infinite brings some actual competition not clowns that pose as Gods.  I so desperately want to be impressed.

"integral moral level design" = maps that cater to grown babies that can't control there emotions enough to handle stressful combat scenarios that test the resolve of actual mentally/mechanically skilled players. tHiS mAp DiDn'T aLloW mE tO sUcCed"  No bitch you didn't allow yourself to succeed because your a  whiny simp bitch that dosen't know how to take advantage of geometry that doesn't scream it's purpose in bold  fucking letters that even a moron could understand. Dog community. 

In Invasion, a team is made up of 6 low, 2 medium, and 1 high ranking player.  The two lieutenants are interesting because they can have symbiotic abilities that require cooperation between the players.  

For example, each lieutenant has a piece of equipment that, upon activation of one, prompts its sister-equipment to activate.  If the call is answered, two portals are created, linking the lieutenants’ locations.  

This allows for rapid troop movement; into an enemy base, away with the enemy flag, from one structure to another, et c.  It can also be used like a LifeAlert, you press a button and help is on the way.  

Since each lieutenant acts as a buddy-spawn for three of the low ranking soldiers, the team naturally gathers around them.  Portals allow the team to split up and approach a problem from different angles while still retaining the ability to quickly collapse on each other’s location, a feat that becomes increasingly difficult on larger Invasion maps.  

Edited by Boyo
53 minutes ago, Boyo said:

H4 was the last Halo game that could be played with settings that weren’t an absolute joke.  

Ugh H2A??, and literally outside of modded gametypes played pretty much exclusively by a select few people, it was dogshit. I'd rather play mythic as well. Also of note h4 had the worst forge maps and dev maps of any halo. Which is part of the reason I would rather play mythic. You got some rose tented glasses for Halo 4. I mean I had fun H4 with some of the maps and settings but anybody would tell you that is not the general experience people had playing H4 and it is not an overall better experience than some of the content that followed it.

20 minutes ago, purely fat said:

H2A

Did it ever become possible to play a custom game without it crashing and disbanding the party?  

Regarding mythic, so you took away all the movement abilities but left the H5 levels of aim assist the same?  Sounds fun.  

Edited by Boyo
4 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

vin diesel cringe..

But really i wonder if there is a reason for that standardizing

Probably internalized laziness

or it could be a computing thing? Easier to render a static perspective 100% of the time than it is a minor dynamic one?

4 hours ago, icyhotspartin said:

Probably internalized laziness

or it could be a computing thing? Easier to render a static perspective 100% of the time than it is a minor dynamic one?

either that or something with movement.

With the first method, most engines only render what you seeing, anything not shown isn't rendered. If you've ever seen ue4 reflections (screenspace reflections) they'll only ever show you the face youll see. Anything not being seen by the player is not rendered and therefore cant be reflected

ssr.png

the back of these tea pots arent rendered in the reflection cause our screenspace isn't rendering them cause it doesn't need to.

If you introduce this method now the engine has to render a lot more because it has to render the object's that will peek out behind it. With the normal method you can hide whole objects behind say, a specially placed item. that item now only partially covers the other item when you turn your head now.

Also like I said with movement, it might make precision aiming harder. Or could cause motion sickness. Also another difference is our video game characters don't have NECKS like we do. So we only have about 180 degrees total Left and right, before we have to shift our whole bodies to turn. That's not something we have to do in video games and that MAY be something holding it back. 

I'm sure they could adopt some halo hip system where you reach a certain turning radius on your character, the whole character turns as well with the body, resetting the camera to the new orientation and allowing for the new perspective change.

Edited by JB_