Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, no god anywhere said:

I assure you im not. I just have looked up tutorials for gimp and inkscape enough to manage. Anyone here could manage just as well. Very easy freeware.

I think he’s saying you have a well organized mind :^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kantalope said:

This logo by @no god anywhere is still the best one so far:
 

potentiallogo.png.fda3e19f62afc425625be9153495e85b.png

 

But the OG Hammer/Anvil one is far more versatile because of how much you can play with it for special events or competitions.

 

I like the nga one a lot too, it could look very nice as a stencil on something like an anvil, or a hammer, or an unreal material sphere...

 

The only comment I have is that the two lower arrows are stretched to the edge of the N and D, which kind of creates an imbalance in the visual weight. Am I the only one with that problem? Let me know, if so //

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, icyhotspartin said:

 

I like the nga one a lot too, it could look very nice as a stencil on something like an anvil, or a hammer, or an unreal material sphere...

 

The only comment I have is that the two lower arrows are stretched to the edge of the N and D, which kind of creates an imbalance in the visual weight. Am I the only one with that problem? Let me know, if so //

Yes I feel you and this was considered. If I move the bottom ones back then OCD kicks in and I need to move the top one back which makes the N/L and orange/white cross ccontaminate. Cant be having no cross contamination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CoD MW had the strongest narrative of any CoD I’ve played. The gameplay was strong, but not quite to the level of CoD 4. Overall, really impressed. We need more games that show the complexity of war, rather than romanticizing it. 

 

The multiplayer is about as uninteresting as I was warned it would be. The level design is weak to the point that it has become a major focus as one of the game’s biggest issues. 

 

 

As for the logo. Im all for simplicity, and i think using the axis arrows is the perfect relevant, memorable detail to include.

 

 

A9CFFFEE-84AE-4F25-AD1E-AF22E3505843.jpeg

Edited by Xzamplez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kantalope said:

This logo by @no god anywhere is still the best one so far:
 

potentiallogo.png.fda3e19f62afc425625be9153495e85b.png

 

But the OG Hammer/Anvil one is far more versatile because of how much you can play with it for special events or competitions.

 

There should be some interesting variants of the hammer/anvil for design challenges and potential competitions if that concept is part of the finalized logo. I've been sketching some ideas and am really liking how they could look once I get the hang of Photoshop; I've been using Krita and don't want to mess with it's core quirks (it's so damn hard to edit the pen smoothing, and might not even work with my current drawing tablet).

 

This is a good time to ask: What kind of competitions would y'all be interested in participating in? Some ideas that we've come up with include annual game jams, level design for an existing game, and community-involved game development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kantalope said:

 

There should be some interesting variants of the hammer/anvil for design challenges and potential competitions if that concept is part of the finalized logo.

 

FYI, the hammer/anvil is NOT finalized by any means.  Everything is still up for debate.  I'm eager to see what you've come up with though.  :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Xzamples just got fucking demolished

 

I don’t get it. Is there some kind of stupid joke behind the comment, because I took it as genuine. 

 

The weapon pad looks more like separate planes to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Xzamplez said:

 

I don’t get it. Is there some kind of stupid joke behind the comment, because I took it as genuine. 

 

The weapon pad looks more like separate planes to me.

Its supposed to represent ordinance, somehow...


TiavQEl.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never made a joke, the lifted cube  reminded me of the halo 5 weapon pad waypoint emblem. The emblem shows a “pad” with two V arrows underneath it, pointing downwards, creating a triplicate motif to emphasize the importance of the location. It doesn’t represent ordinance in any way other than its importance as an objective on the field.

 

That said, since level design is associated with cartography, why not try a logo with just the three cardinal axes stylized as a compass, either within the cube or without the cube? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.