10 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

alright everyone lets see some wips, i'm dying to hit the nld button... SOMBODY IMPRESS MEEEEE AAAAAGHHHHH

I hope everyone is impressed by my extraordinary ability to be unimpressed  by everyones wips and maps.  It makes me feel special, unique and important being so unimpressable.

It's what I always tell people when they talk about design, just impress me, that's all I really ask.  If you can impress me it means your map has value. If you can't..... No value, no integrity, no worth. 

7 hours ago, JB_ said:

11019aa81b79264cdc9cdb175e2aa20a.gif

It looks soooo niceeeee

b8d83aab39b7c161f0df2398ddd1f308.jpg

c838e8228279c9f32f79f001189a03e0.jpg

Think I might snip this branch, wayy too much going on with those two trees

8ac330b809f31a209c2c5c60d9fe3357.jpg

See it's super crowded but, I shouldn't let it distract me now lol I got a few more things to finish like green and bottom middle

unreal is trash brah, go back to blender

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

3 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

I hope everyone is impressed by my extraordinary ability to be unimpressed  by everyones wips and maps.  It makes me feel special, unique and important being so unimpressable.

It's what I always tell people when they talk about design, just impress me, that's all I really ask.  If you can impress me it means your map has value. If you can't..... No value, no integrity, no worth. 

no really, share some stuff m8

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

Also offtopic, I was walking outside and saw a bunch of pinecones lying on the ground and I  got thinking about the halo needler...

why hasn't Bungie or 343 made a needler heavy weapon? It gives a good reason to bring back the CE needler ammo thingys. They could make a needler rocket launcher for the covenant. It could either launch the WHOLE needler rock that would explode into a pink mist, like the image seen below.  ORRR just shoot a TON of needles at one time so that when it inevitably tracks and imbeds into you, you will explode.  Sort of like the plasma launcher from reach

ldiopm9zhct21.png?auto=webp&s=79b53d2969

525px-HReach-PlasmaLauncher-Profile.png

54 minutes ago, JB_ said:

I snipped the tree already, fuck it. Way better. 

8ac330b809f31a209c2c5c60d9fe3357.jpg

5b3f1a8e5f27a4c5e28eeafcdf82f169.jpg

snip nice

but why not graft onto lower right side of right trunk ?

edit: needle-rod cannon with faster projectile and delayed explosion as it embeds into surface? I like

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

snip nice

but why not graft onto lower right side of right trunk ?

Im not getting what you mean, can you crudely draw it in MS paint over it. lol

edit: oh are you saying to move the new smaller branch down more to fill that empty space at the bottom ?

Edited by JB_
5 hours ago, JB_ said:

Also offtopic, I was walking outside and saw a bunch of pinecones lying on the ground and I  got thinking about the halo needler...

why hasn't Bungie or 343 made a needler heavy weapon? It gives a good reason to bring back the CE needler ammo thingys. They could make a needler rocket launcher for the covenant. It could either launch the WHOLE needler rock that would explode into a pink mist, like the image seen below.  ORRR just shoot a TON of needles at one time so that when it inevitably tracks and imbeds into you, you will explode.  Sort of like the plasma launcher from reach

ldiopm9zhct21.png?auto=webp&s=79b53d2969

525px-HReach-PlasmaLauncher-Profile.png

In Halo, weapons need to carve out distinct niches for themselves.  For example, the Fuel Rod Cannon is too similar to the Rocket Launcher to be a worthwhile addition to the sandbox.  

Unlike the FRC/RL, the Plasma Launcher’s variable charge then corresponding fire allows for scalable attacks.  Vehicles require many stickies to destroy while infantry only need one and this weapon can do both.  

With that being said, what does this Needle Cannon offer in terms of unique, desirable gameplay?  

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

In Halo, weapons need to carve out distinct niches for themselves.  For example, the Fuel Rod Cannon is too similar to the Rocket Launcher to be a worthwhile addition to the sandbox.  

Unlike the FRC/RL, the Plasma Launcher’s variable charge then corresponding fire allows for scalable attacks.  Vehicles require many stickies to destroy while infantry only need one and this weapon can do both.  

With that being said, what does this Needle Cannon offer in terms of unique, desirable gameplay?  

holy shit, off topic i know. and  i know theres a beam rifle already but... wow it couldve been so much cooler with a needler sniper...

a needle so big that when it hits anywhere below the head, the explosion immidiately drops your shield like any other sniper....but the headshot would explode your head.... gears of war style.

and to answer your question. idk if i agree. otherwise you cant add any guns to halo.. covies need their fair share of arsneal. and i think if you can make the gun different/feel different enough thats good. like the ce fuel rod used to shooot in archs and have a fast rof...

now it just shoots straight.... it also used to bounce.. i dont think it bounces much anymore save for certain surfaces and its also not very effective unless its point blank. the splash damage wont kill you from one rod like a rocket splash damage will. and thats always been thr case since ce. so its different enough from the rocket to fit just fine...

but yeah the needle launcher would probably just behave like yhe plasma launcher. either track you (if it was  a mass of needles, like a swarm of bees chasing you that supercombines)

or the other option like i said is to launch the whole needle pinecone thing and explode a shard of needles everywhere. like a spike grenade except youd have to charge it up to fire it. so you couldnt just run around willy nilly with it.