7 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

Im actually modding.

funny enough, videos didn't work well for me personally. but I was able to learn it better as a drum beat rather than a frame by frame breakdown.... I was also able to teach my non halo playing friend how to do it too with the "drum beat" method..

You can actually hear the beat here

Edited by JB_

3 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I recognize these four; three of them in MCC, one of them in H5 doubles. You were a decent guy to fight. If I lost, then I lost.

What the heck I don't even play mcc. You're always a good sport soul. You've never teabagged or anything. Funny enough Ive had to check my buddy for doing it to you one time. 👍

Edited by no god anywhere

On 7/7/2021 at 1:27 PM, SaltyKoalaBear said:

Map: Exists 

Design God: spock-logical.jpg.1027326247b95c42fa8bd209c3250951.jpg

@purely fat

Fuck off, let me rest.

I'm tired of your thinly veiled thoughts that don't align with other peoples thoughts so they take offense. How fucking dare you.

You are a fucking loser. I mean how many times have you lost on Iceworm? Trash Human Garbage

The only thing your good at is duck hunting and your pedestrian at best.

@Box_Hoes get better memes you little bitch.

@JB_ I missed you

@a Chunk if you go to one of my last twitch streams you can see a number of my projects. they are up to my standard which is unfinished and terrible. i.e. perfection in these parts.

damn 343 listened to me /s

no but really I dont remember anyone else suggesting this in video format or even text, prove me wrong. it's all me. /s

I wonder if it's based on your cursor, or if they're taking something from valorant and you pull up a whole map of the level and place the waypoint somewhere on the stupid map layout. DUMB

image0.jpg

Edited by JB_

20 hours ago, purely fat said:

Fuck off, let me rest.

I'm tired of your thinly veiled thoughts that don't align with other peoples thoughts so they take offense. How fucking dare you.

You are a fucking loser. I mean how many times have you lost on Iceworm? Trash Human Garbage

The only thing your good at is duck hunting and your pedestrian at best.

@Box_Hoes get better memes you little bitch.

@JB_ I missed you

@a Chunk if you go to one of my last twitch streams you can see a number of my projects. they are up to my standard which is unfinished and terrible. i.e. perfection in these parts.

Your right. Only fattly veiled attacks from now on.

no-ethics-or-morality-ahead-yellow-caution-road-sign-K570BR.jpg.6a6a87d34c74a4446c8c5f39d1fa3a1e.jpg

FYI, I have no issue whatsoever with challenging each others design philosophies.  It's something I like to see, as a matter of fact. 

But without some context it's counterproductive, as there's no discussion taking place in that case.  If it's a monologue on your own design philosophy, or against another design philosophy, it doesn't belong in this thread.  I don't have any objection to it - it simply belongs in a thread of its own, and not here.

And then there's a further distinction when it comes to posts that don't actually intend to discuss anything at all, and are only intentional jabs at a design philosophy or person that you don't agree with.  These have no place here (on the site) whatsoever.  Not because I intend this to be a 'safe place', because that is not it at all.  It's nearly impossible to offend me personally, and so I tend to have a massive tolerance for things like this.  The issue I have with it is that it adds nothing of value to the site, and it takes attention away from other things that may merit discussion/attention.

If anyone disagrees with this, I'd love to hear your reasoning.  Otherwise I'm going to assume that this is understood and agreed upon.

24 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

FYI, I have no issue whatsoever with challenging each others design philosophies.  It's something I like to see, as a matter of fact. 

But without some context it's counterproductive, as there's no discussion taking place in that case.  If it's a monologue on your own design philosophy, or against another design philosophy, it doesn't belong in this thread.  I don't have any objection to it - it simply belongs in a thread of its own, and not here.

And then there's a further distinction when it comes to posts that don't actually intend to discuss anything at all, and are only intentional jabs at a design philosophy or person that you don't agree with.  These have no place here (on the site) whatsoever.  Not because I intend this to be a 'safe place', because that is not it at all.  It's nearly impossible to offend me personally, and so I tend to have a massive tolerance for things like this.  The issue I have with it is that it adds nothing of value to the site, and it takes attention away from other things that may merit discussion/attention.

If anyone disagrees with this, I'd love to hear your reasoning.  Otherwise I'm going to assume that this is understood and agreed upon.

counter point. its funny

6 minutes ago, JB_ said:

counter point. its funny

I second this.

Also, I'm pretty sure he was initially talking about Vice because him and box have been arguing about it. This is the general conversation that we have about maps. Which is; there are maps that make players better at a game even though they don't enjoy playing them. Most designers/players would say they don't like octagon but it doesn't change the fact that it can improve a players ability to win duels. Even though it is boring and monotonous for most.

I don't think the morality and integrity thing will ever die though because it's too funny to use in a subversive way. If I were the person who said that shit I would embrace the meme. I mean I embraced being called a crab forger and other shit that I have heard through the grapevine. I don't give a fuck because I know at the end of the day it doesn't matter and it is just something someone said to make themselves feel better or to be funny. If salty and box posted this shit and didn't get a response saying stahp. Nobody would think anything of it other than it being some sort of community inside joke that is ultimately irrelevant also know as shit.

In no way am I saying it should necessarily be allowed in this thread but I will say this, poking the troll will only make it worse.

I also think design philosophy is something that should be allowed in a waywo because it should be a constantly evolving and developing stance. i.e. WAYWO

Would be nice if there was a thread where some of the more interesting thoughts could be moved to though. As you never know when something interesting might be discussed.

17 minutes ago, Box_Hoes said:

I think he is just foreshadowing and teasing his upcoming map releases: since they have have no integrity or morality. It’s like a WIP picture 

On a more serious note, it’s fun to think about where people’s thresholds lie when it comes to something being “too challenging” or when the player feels like the map is asking too much of them in a given situation. 

Is there a map out there that is universally agreed upon in which it exhibits all these functions designers strive for? A lot of people might say midship. 

When there is a dispute about a map being balanced or not, how do you determine which party is correct? 

Anyway, I don’t think they are intentional jabs, but a topic that is so intriguing and vast it becomes fascinating to ponder the components that makeup “maps” and how they effect people differently. 

E2985BB3-31B1-4263-BD0E-7AC96C860605.png.fdaf3f7725dad98ceb8b002ff36aa7cd.png

Been a while since I took statistics but I imagine one single encounter on a map could shape a wide bell curve on people’s thoughts whether it was moral/balanced/ how it made them feel. So many things go into that one encounter in itself, and multiply that by every possible encounter on a map and it blows my mind. What does the exact vial percentage to the decimal look like for each persons assessment on a given map and who has the authority to claim theirs is of the perfect value? 

How does upbringing influence someone’s viewpoint on a map? 

I personally don’t find these as jabs,  but view them as reminders for how astonishing level design is and the audience you design for. I think it’s a topic that should be talked about continuously and can contribute to help understand a better sense of perspective. 

Another interesting thing to consider is if you have a target audience, let's say generic halo gods who love midship, that has a fairly established design archetype they like. How does a person go about achieving their design goals while also still appealing to this specific audience. What will they accept? What if the map appears to offer what midship offers from how the positions are laid out and the visuals but isn't the same experience due to spawning and other factors. A map like Zealot would be a good example of this. Shares many similar visual traits a to midship but different positions are more important and less important and the spawning is less dynamic, but midship lovers tend to generally like it and think about the maps in a similar light. Even though zealot has less depth and flexibility in how a team can play as a single player has way less influence over the map than they do on midship. Same could be said of truth but to a lesser degree as it is closer to midship in how a player uses the map but with fewer options for players to assert their influence on the map. Just a cool topic about design in general and this excluding the effects of things like marketing.

I can admit that I treat the waywo like a shoutbox far too often. Forgive me for my forgehub ways @a Chunk 

At this point I've cursed myself, because I have to be extremely careful about the verbage I use less the community think I'm attacking or taking jabs at someone or someones philosophy and to be be fair, alot of times I am. I'm a childish troll, I can't resit the draw of it's temptation. 

On a serious note however, I do really just enjoy the psychology and philosophy of level design and sadly sometimes the only way to rouse general interest/ passion in it and spark some discussion is by tossing out a little bit of bait.