3 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Yeah, still they said in a devlog somewhere they where trying to capture the same spirit of the first game with reach, and i think that was communicated pretty clearly with the delivery of the first level

Oh man just remembering that bit where you and jorge go into the dark room and he shuts the door and the music is building up and you think an invisable elite is going to jump out at some point, that was soooo good, such great delivery. One of my more memorable moments playing the campaign

Yeah, and the way they did that was by making the Covenant less human and more feral/convicted. Check back on those Vidocs to see how they decided to take English away from the Elites and Brutes.

Hello there ! 

It's been a while since my previous post in there, I am currently working my BSP & composition skill , to make it I decide to do  2h exercises. 

How it work, I take a photo/paint/concept art and I make a blockout with it. 

Here are two snap shot : Paint 01 is the first version, and in the 02 is an iteration.

Paint_01.jpg

Paint_02.jpg

Edited by JeremDem

Here's an old sketch of With Love. As you can probably tell, there was a lot more planned for what is now red building. It was actually never supposed to be indoors, but instead, a meeting point of 3 alleyways surrounded by more apartment-esque buildings (imagine the lower section of the undead burg in DS1). It was also supposed to have a well which you could drop into. Better yet, the market hallways were planned to wrap around the entirety of the map, and there was even a path planned in the 'basement' of the lighthouse, creating a third spawn anchor. On top of all of this, I imagined a skybox of colorful buildings climbing the mountainous terrain to almost always juxtapose what is in front of you. If you think the structures loom now, you would've been surprised to see the real thing.

Oh, and it was meant to be raining, with extremely reflective cobblestone streets and windows glowing from the candles within. Thinking back on all of that, it's hard not to be disgruntled by what forge made the final version.

9LAo5Gf.jpg

@SaltyKoalaBear

4 hours ago, Boyo said:

Panic Attack and Wildfire were revolutionary in regards to 5v5/6v6 gameplay.  Reach had a decent heavies map where Wraiths moved along streets below and infantry had routes above that was a pretty good map.  

There were so many more maps that were good though.  There was one that had a purple Lift up to the top of an octagon elevated bridge with two ramps leading up to it.  Can’t remmeber the name but it was good map.  @a Chunk salty?

https://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/17952-classic-halo-esports-and-hcs-grassroots-2019-discussion-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1065256

Speaking of Gods...  You have an admirer.

17 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

Triangle shape huh. Interesting.

Best things come in t h r e e s .

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Jack0Knife
Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/jackknife
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-kucharzak/
'Folio: https://www.ck-ld.com/

"Art is the process of assigning meaning." - Unknown

18 hours ago, a Chunk said:

That map lawl what a hot pile of normalancy. Halo 4 was the dark ages of my forge life.  I wish not to remember it's existence. 

40 minutes ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

That map lawl what a hot pile of normalancy. Halo 4 was the dark ages of my forge life.  I wish not to remember it's existence. 

Yeah, the map was fine.  It's interesting to hear his list of the best forge maps of Halo 4.  I'm pretty sure I know who that is too.

44 minutes ago, Westin said:

no

kinda

Forerunner rocket room is bracketed by the two gently curved hallways connected by tele, and which open up onto the exterior 'landing pad' to serve as the third edge of the triangle. That shape is pretty similar to what you have in the left side of that sketch. Moondance has the curved hallway with the chandeliers up top.

On 11/18/2019 at 12:01 PM, JeremDem said:

Hello there ! 

It's been a while since my previous post in there, I am currently working my BSP & composition skill , to make it I decide to do  2h exercises. 

How it work, I take a photo/paint/concept art and I make a blockout with it. 

Here are two snap shot : Paint 01 is the first version, and in the 02 is an iteration.

Paint_01.jpg

Paint_02.jpg

Here is the final !  

VillageScene.jpg

17 hours ago, icyhotspartin said:

kinda

Forerunner rocket room is bracketed by the two gently curved hallways connected by tele, and which open up onto the exterior 'landing pad' to serve as the third edge of the triangle. That shape is pretty similar to what you have in the left side of that sketch. Moondance has the curved hallway with the chandeliers up top.

no

10 hours ago, a Chunk said:

I think I'd rather play Monopoly.  😋

Hide contents

Sorry, somebody had to do it.

Its just an inside joke for box, but believe me as a fan of Halos OG identity , your not alone in that sentiment.

Being on vacation, I've had some time in the duck blind to self reflect and think about the primary influencers of my design process In H5 and how those influencers  have affected my design language.  I came to the realization that Ive always been fascinated with the gritty militaristic aspects of Halo lore, and more specifically, Spartans as military units and there applications within real world environments/combat scenarios .   There has always been a large disconnect between this seemingly prevalent militaristic theme and the actual game-play/level design( ie Identity)  of Halo's multiplayer.  As many in the  forge community know, I don't view Halo 5 as a Halo game,  so instead of trying to uphold the old principles of the arena(board game esque) game-play that is normally tied to "Halo" , I used 343i failure as a window of opportunity to  free myself from the identity shackles of the old games.  Lately I feel I've finally hit a stride in 2v2  design that allows me to showcase my love of this narrative driven game-play. while also providing well paced and balanced slayer matches.  Designing maps that are so different in approach then the rest of the community, and designing visceral combat centric environments has been an absolute blast for me and I hope to finish my map Day Of Defeat for the 2v2 contest so I can share a small slice of my design theory with the rest of the community. 

I legitimately and genuinely respect the multiple design approaches in H5, and I am in no way arguing my approach is any better or worse then anyone else, I just wanted to make that clear.  Had a few beers, and just felt like word vomiting a bit. 

When asked how many paths reach enlightenment, the monk kicked a heap of sand. "Count," he smiled, "and then find more grains."

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear