Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics and post replies to existing threads.

Its hard to complain about it without coming off like a baby, but I really dislike how uncommitted so many world war 2 games are to the theme.

I wish the whole "the game isn't realistic anyways" argument would die in a fire. You can have immersive gameplay that is still arcade-like but feels authentic. While its flawed and didn't age the best, the original World at War is proof of this.

Someones suspension of disbelief is going to be way more disrupted by absurd cosmetics and changes to the theme than a game mechanic that isn't completely realistic.

It's already crude to take a real war and make it an arcade shooter, it's really not crazy to not include absurdities that never existed and stay committed to the theme.

I never really understood this movement to make people feel included when its not even an issue for a heavy majority of players to begin with. I don't think ive ever met anyone who didn't enjoy a game because their player model isn't their ideal form, I don't think many people stopped playing Super Metroid because you're a woman.

Yeah it is "just a game", but I don't think people would appreciate other art forms if they did the same shit. 

There is so much irony in trying to make a game where you can call gruesome killstreaks to murder people, but the theme has to be brightened up and the horrors of the war have to be toned down.

I just want games to be honest with their themes, go all in, or not at all.

Edited by TheLunarRaptor
Minor changes

2 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

85C82E86-A4CE-4B5D-A8CF-AA6FB63F9C76.jpeg.4f9feaa24073498816c9d80ff581da2c.jpeg

8 min video for a 2 min trailer haha.

lol i actually like xperia. He's a halo fan like /r/halo but he's also got a brain on his head and recognizes where there are red flags and where to be concerned. 

Edited by JB_

29 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

85C82E86-A4CE-4B5D-A8CF-AA6FB63F9C76.jpeg.4f9feaa24073498816c9d80ff581da2c.jpeg

I remember hating his videos back in 2015/16 just because he had a lisp or something then re-hating his videos because his face is kinda punchable. No offense to him, of course, I was just such a cunt in high school lol

1 hour ago, Kantalope said:

I remember hating his videos back in 2015/16 just because he had a lisp or something then re-hating his videos because his face is kinda punchable. No offense to him, of course, I was just such a cunt in high school lol

I remember Halo Youtube wasn't really a thing before 2015 and miss those days because now I have to wade through stale clickbait on megabloks lore no matter where I am on youtube because I uploaded a map trailer tagged with "Halo" 

apparently this project was resurrected/re-developed by fans of the franchise and will be seeing a pseudo legit release - LEGO somehow did not pull the plug

see more hype for this than for infinite

WHICH MAKES ME THINK..

If infinite bombs out, might there be space within the Microsoft eco-space for a team of Halo fans to develop a proof of concept spinoff game, pitch it, and get it funded for a legit licensed release?

Could be...

lol microsoft is giving you money back, they know how bad this game is gonna be. So theyre giving ppl $15 back as a "sorry" 

also normally not me but wtf is this??? nothing here is worth it. The book could be cool if it has tons of art and sick shit

nw7007fparj71.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

13 minutes ago, JB_ said:

also normally not me but wtf is this??? nothing here is worth it. The book could be cool if it has tons of art and sick shit

the $15 is likely microtransaction incentive:

"wow! you saved $15! come check out the in-game cosmetics store and get hooked on buying gear!"

Totally agree. Sad! H3 Legendary and CoD MW still the gold standard for collectors' editions.

Oh and the 'steelbook' is just a metal disk container, no pages or anything, if you even bother to buy the disk version because why would you these days?

I've always wanted a BTB map that is extremely vertical. A lot, if not nearly all btb maps in Halo are very flat.

Like a base wedged between giant glaciers. Imagine going off a man cannon that shoots you like 200ft in the air up to the levels you want, maybe im a goldfish but I really like teleporters and man cannons, hell i like map gimmicks in general.

Edited by TheLunarRaptor