Idk whether this is sad or cool.  on one hand, forge is advanced enough to mimic the devs maps. On the other hand, the devs maps are bad enough that forge is almost equivalent. maybe bad isn't the right word... 

nah but seriously its pretty cool lol the only map that clearly sticks out to me is bazaar, dead giveaway

or is it cool that H5 still confuses me for infinite?

Edited by JB_

Dear diary,

I've been playing halo again. I actually made a 1v1 map too which is performing at about 85% of what I wanted for it on first take. That 15% is pretty substantial though, which makes me sad. 

I also realized halo mp is kinda butt. I don't think I want to get involved again. It makes me upset when I play, and thats not fun for me anymore.

Stomping kids on cod and playing minecraft are much more mentally healthy alternatives. I think its time I accept that I've changed. 

The primary reason for the design of the slotted cube and its angle was for how it casted the shadow. The whole map was based on the idea of being designed around the angle of the sunlight coming in, and I wanted the central art piece to reinforce that theme. You can also jump into the lowest slot for jump ups into the second floor.

@Xzamplez  Gave some more thought to your screenshot.  Here’s what came from the inspiration you provided.  

The monument shifts between Cube and Diamond orientations.  The flat-top cube acts as a jump-up, from low to high, and as a stepping stone between elevated positions (high to high).  

Diamond acts as three small conjoined ramps, allowing for many angled slide jumps (high to low).  Where cube has straight sides and sits flat, diamond has angled sides that allow shots/grenades to pass under/around.  

Set back from the monument are dugouts, allowing players to look out and fire just above ground level.  Cube blocks sight lines between these sunken rooms while diamond allows players to fire past its angled bottom (low to low).  

45 minutes ago, Xzamplez said:

shape-shifting piece

For a less functional, more aesthetic piece, a 3D clock could cycle through different shapes to signify when certain items were going to spawn.  An asym with delayed initial spawns could drop weapons at one of three times and this amorphous blob tells players when.  

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Boyo said:

For a less functional, more aesthetic piece, a 3D clock could cycle through different shapes to signify when certain items were going to spawn.  An asym with delayed initial spawns could drop weapons at one of three times and this amorphous blob tells players when.  

spacer.png

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/The-brain-of-the-NC-crow-a-b-Lateral-and-dorsal-view-of-an-NC-crow-brain-c-Coronal_fig3_41848775

4 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

Here we see the forger reinforcing his in-group status via obscure reference for them to snigger at.  The outsider is left wondering what point is being made.  

4 minutes ago, Boyo said:

Here we see the forger reinforcing his in-group status via obscure reference for them to snigger at.  The outsider is left wondering what point is being made.  

?

I posted something a week or two ago about the 'crow limit', which @Box_Hoes referenced only a couple days ago.

You suggested a morphing manifold object that would show when specific items would spawn. As you stated in your post, it would be "less functional" and "more aesthetic". It reminded me of the shape of a crow's brain, which would not be able to deal with such a complex morphing shape to begin with, let alone the complexities of navigating a space according to timed, though telegraphed objectives.

The long and short is that your idea for a clock is cool, but neither feasible in forge, nor necessarily a good way of implementing a diegetic timetable in a multiplayer level.