The tactical nuke is a death streak for when you are getting rolled too hard. After 10 consecutive deaths in a row without getting a kill you press up on the DPAD to kill everyone on the map excluding your teammates. This makes it fair for your team to reposition. MAHHHHHH

@JB_ most forgers ive run into are better than the lders at 343, not just here. Or maybe they are being oppressed from the top down and they really do have a vision underneath all that industry standardisation 

@Boyo you should try making a map if you havent already, id genuinely be interested in seeing what you would come up with

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

Super Paper Mario allows the player to toggle from a 2D side scroller to a 3D perspective, revealing a hidden dimension.  Otherwise impossible feats can be accomplished via this new outlook on life.  

Can a native 3D game achieve a similar effect, hiding depth perpendicular to reality for players to selectively tap into?

14 hours ago, Boyo said:

What do you think about some object that indicates when or where item/s will spawn?  Teams must control sight lines on the indicator so they know what their next move should be.  

bro halo 5 and infinite already have this.

make a game already

2 hours ago, JB_ said:

bro halo 5 and infinite already have this.

I was more referring to dynamic item spawns being indicated by an independent object.  For example, a whomping willow contorts to point toward the tower that the next item will spawn in.  

The cortexal inverter is an equipment whose projectile operates similarly to the grenade launcher.  Players hold down rt to launch the cortex orb and release to lock it's postion mid air and open the radiating inverting cortex field. All players within it's spherical aoe will have there controller schemes inverted. Looking left will cause you to look right, down up, up down, and if you walk forward you will walk backwards, strafe right you will strafe left etc.   

The field will last for approximately 5 seconds and the effects of the inverter will stay with the effected player for 20 seconds. 

@Box_Hoes

20 minutes ago, Boyo said:

I was more referring to dynamic item spawns being indicated by an independent object.  For example, a whomping willow contorts to point toward the tower that the next item will spawn in.  

this is actually a sick idea and is similar to my idea for a game show map, while the two teams are fighting each other there is a pseudo 3rd player in the form of a AI that is control of the facility, has gone mad, and now forces the contestants to fight for it's entertainment (not really a 3rd player but for the sake of the narrative that's the aesthetic i would go for)..

Functionally how it would work is there would be certain locked doors/ dead ends/ wrap arounds of the map, and each cycle a incentive would spawn in one of those, and only the AI knows where, and in between those cycles the players would be trying to lockdown where the AI happens to located in the map, to make sure they are the first to get that information, so they could get the jump on the incentive. The benefit is that i could have theoretically as many maps as i want all segmented by this roaming mechanic, and players would have these narrative driven maps in a living changing arena where the fight feels larger and more meaningful than in a normal map,

The biggest challenge i imagine would be finding a balance between making the whole gimmick be worth pursuing on their own, without making it feel like you are being dragged around the map to all these different theme parks and not being able to exercise creative freedom, the goal would be to make it an additional part of the sandbox that is beneficial but not necessary to win

Additional thoughts are: maybe the players can destroy the AI monitor once they get the information, to keep the enemy from getting it after they leave and following them down the dead end, but if they destroy it now the AI will be a different monitor next cycle, and possibly a location the team isnt as comfortable fighting in and around... yup lots to think about, maybe in infinite 

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

36 minutes ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

The cortexal inverter is an equipment whose projectile operates similarly to the grenade launcher.  Players hold down rt to launch the cortex orb and release to lock it's postion mid air and open the radiating inverting cortex field. All players within it's spherical aoe will have there controller schemes inverted. Looking left will cause you to look right, down up, up down, and if you walk forward you will walk backwards, strafe right you will strafe left etc.   

The field will last for approximately 5 seconds and the effects of the inverter will stay with the effected player for 20 seconds. 

@Box_Hoes

This is actually the best one yet lol

Thanks to Forge being delayed and y'all showing off some dope stuff, I finally reignited work on the updated blockout of Dodecahedron, and I'm hoping to finish it by next weekend. Still not confident that it will play well for 2v2; I'm a lot more confident about 1v1

aggai-yakitate-mechanic.jpg?1555764518

Just saw this on artstation. Aside from the fact that they are literal rice/pressure cookers and are generic COD sci-fi robots, I can see this enemy type duo being like a better version of a Knight and Watcher combo. An idea is to have the little guys only deploy when aware of the player/their enemy, so sneaking up from behind would be effective in taking out the more annoying enemies and startling the big guy. If they explode on death, this would weaken the big guy in the process, too. Mmmm, hot noodle explosions.

6 hours ago, Kantalope said:

aggai-yakitate-mechanic.jpg?1555764518

Just saw this on artstation. Aside from the fact that they are literal rice/pressure cookers and are generic COD sci-fi robots, I can see this enemy type duo being like a better version of a Knight and Watcher combo. An idea is to have the little guys only deploy when aware of the player/their enemy, so sneaking up from behind would be effective in taking out the more annoying enemies and startling the big guy. If they explode on death, this would weaken the big guy in the process, too. Mmmm, hot noodle explosions.

Boyofication complete.  

spacer.png