I hope you all have loved ones to spend today with and eat lots of good food. I get tunnel visioned into design stuff alot of the time and i know that I can be annoying when that happens, with my unwanted assertions and judgements. But at the end of the day I realise Design is all extra ciricular stuff and don't take any of this personally. It's how i've been since i first joined the fhub community years ago, so hopefully you guys will come to accept me for who i am. But either way, fellowship is extra and i'm mainly here for design content which includes debating and taking positions to sharpen my sword, so expect me to continue to pick fights and generally be insufferable as i have been.

Look forward to my annual "All Vegan" post and Happy thanksgiving ❤️

TiavQEl.jpg

4 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

None of what i said was a comment on you in particular, you are not obligated to defend yourself and i don't know why icyhot assumed it was a debate or something. I was just venting my own thoughts about the dark souls phenomena because what you said compelled me to. I just find the whole thing interesting that is all

That's fine, but you quote me directly in a post about dark souls, talk about dark souls in your reply, and expect me not to see it as a comment on my comment? Well, it literally is a comment on my post, seeing as you pressed the reply button.

In any case, it's proper to lead with stipulations. Something like 'this isn't directed at anyone in particluar' would've helped.

2 hours ago, Westin said:

That's fine, but you quote me directly in a post about dark souls, talk about dark souls in your reply, and expect me not to see it as a comment on my comment? Well, it literally is a comment on my post, seeing as you pressed the reply button.

In any case, it's proper to lead with stipulations. Something like 'this isn't directed at anyone in particluar' would've helped.

Sorry buddy, but I think you gotta take the L on this one too 🍗

Since most of the active posters frequent this thread...

I've made an update to the user info that shows up next to each post. This update allows users to share links to their Twitter, Youtube, Portfolio, and just about anything else you'd want. 

image.png.05cb053a2eb6df2e1b58320d85b3611c.png

You can add them by updating 'Social Info' in your profile, or from here:

image.png.66e4ace43a9fdd49590d29b0268ce4cf.png

Also, this update allows us to display awards/trophies, which can be earned based upon rep, post count, etc.  We don't have this system setup yet, so don't expect to see this right away.  We're going to be working on defining the guidelines over the coming weeks.  
I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions for award criteria.  As an example, I know I'd love to have awards based upon the number of map features or article features a member has, with multiple tiers. 

In conjunction with this, we'll be looking at User Ranks.  Some sites set ranks based upon join date, post count, or reputation.  We can go with one of those, or forego User Ranks altogether, and just have all of those be recognized with Badges/Trophies that would display under the users info, similar to how the social media icons are displayed in the first image I shared in this post.

We're basically starting at square one with this, so would love to hears everyone's thoughts/suggestions.

I used to frequent a forum that had a fuel system. Everyone basically had a fuel tank and you could give and remove fuel from people's tanks. Fueling people was on a cooldown so you'd have to save your fuel for when a post really deserved it but removing fuel wasn't.  Once your tank was maxed you had the ability to give and remove higher quantities than other people. You lose fuel at like a 5:1 ratio and removing fuel was anonymous. If your tank emptied then you'd be forced into "the pit" where you couldnt post for a number of days. After they added the fuel system the quality of posts rose dramatically, toxicity within posts almost disappeared entirely and discussions became much more respectful across the board.

I understand that the immaturity that can occur in waywo is what makes it fun at times but I think it would show just how easy it is to have a debate, give feedback, etc without being a condescending prick.

Edited by no god anywhere

6 hours ago, no god anywhere said:

I used to frequent a forum that had a fuel system. Everyone basically had a fuel tank and you could give and remove fuel from people's tanks. Fueling people was on a cooldown so you'd have to save your fuel for when a post really deserved it but removing fuel wasn't.  Once your tank was maxed you had the ability to give and remove higher quantities than other people. You lose fuel at like a 5:1 ratio and removing fuel was anonymous. If your tank emptied then you'd be forced into "the pit" where you couldnt post for a number of days. After they added the fuel system the quality of posts rose dramatically, toxicity within posts almost disappeared entirely and discussions became much more respectful across the board.

I understand that the immaturity that can occur in waywo is what makes it fun at times but I think it would show just how easy it is to have a debate, give feedback, etc without being a condescending prick.

I like that, except the anonymity.  Beyond shows who downvotes everything and I like it.

4 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

I thought it would be cool if a game had a multiplayer where players could walk on walls and ceilings while shooting each other.

I found out that the original Prey had just that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODWEEnppszM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U44NVUfZ1lk

This game was too big brained for its time. Rip having Godhoud vision and a doghoud player/consumer base. I know the feels 

I legit hate what most of the "halo community" and its level designers value in design, and Im sure others in the community feel the same about my designs and others, and were totally in the right for doing so. My hope is that in the future more games have level editors so we all can design for games whose Identity we actually value instead of debating what should be valued in a piece of shit "AAA" Shooter named Halo 5. Hell, most of the disagreements we have in this community stem from the lack of Identity halo has had for the past 10 years. Fuck this game.    

@Box_Hoes

H5 is for Gods 

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear

1 hour ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

This game was too big brained for its time. Rip having Godhoud vision and a doghoud player/consumer base. I know the feels 

I legit hate what most of the "halo community" and its level designers value in design, and Im sure others in the community feel the same about my designs and others, and were totally in the right for doing so. My hope is that in the future more games have level editors so we all can design for games whose Identity we actually value instead of debating what should be valued in a piece of shit "AAA" Shooter named Halo 5. Hell, most of the disagreements we have in this community stem from the lack of Identity halo has had for the past 10 years. Fuck this game.    

@Box_Hoes

H5 is for Gods 

That identity crisis, all the problems, have what led to how we think

On 11/28/2019 at 3:03 PM, a Chunk said:

I've made an update to the user info that shows up next to each post. This update allows users to share links to their Twitter, Youtube, Portfolio, and just about anything else you'd want. 

Also, this update allows us to display awards/trophies, which can be earned based upon rep, post count, etc.  We don't have this system setup yet, so don't expect to see this right away.  We're going to be working on defining the guidelines over the coming weeks.  
I'd love to hear everyone's suggestions for award criteria.  As an example, I know I'd love to have awards based upon the number of map features or article features a member has, with multiple tiers. 

In conjunction with this, we'll be looking at User Ranks.  Some sites set ranks based upon join date, post count, or reputation.  We can go with one of those, or forego User Ranks altogether, and just have all of those be recognized with Badges/Trophies that would display under the users info, similar to how the social media icons are displayed in the first image I shared in this post.

We're basically starting at square one with this, so would love to hears everyone's thoughts/suggestions.

I don't see the point of a rep system if there is no downvote option... as long as it doesn't cause some automated penalties, that's what the staff is for, to handle penalties on a case by case basis

TiavQEl.jpg

10 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

@Box_Hoes

H5 is for Gods 

Don't make me bring out my whistle again... 😉

TiavQEl.jpg

On 11/29/2019 at 12:03 AM, a Chunk said:

It's only visible on the profile page for me.

EDIT: Oh, it's actually below the post, not the profile. ^^ Frankly, I'd find it better if it was below the profile like in your screenshot.

Edited by Buddy Jumps

3 hours ago, Buddy Jumps said:

It's only visible on the profile page for me.

EDIT: Oh, it's actually below the post, not the profile. ^^ Frankly, I'd find it better if it was below the profile like in your screenshot.

Yeah, I ended up moving it after I realize what it looked like on Mobile. I may change it back though.

9 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

I don't see the point of a rep system if there is no downvote option... as long as it doesn't cause some automated penalties, that's what the staff is for, to handle penalties on a case by case basis

This is easy enough to implement, and I was planning to do so at some point.

What reaction/s do we want to see for negative rep?

reactions.png.b256dbaa638ca81ff32377b5e4cea4bb.png

Right now, the confused and sad reaction are neutral. We could always make those negative, or replace them with something else. 

:Evil:  💩  😡  🤮 

1 hour ago, a Chunk said:

This is easy enough to implement, and I was planning to do so at some point.

What reaction/s do we want to see for negative rep?

reactions.png.b256dbaa638ca81ff32377b5e4cea4bb.png

Right now, the confused and sad reaction are neutral. We could always make those negative, or replace them with something else. 

:Evil:  💩  😡  🤮 

Honestly, I wouldn't want additional 'negative' emojis for the neg rep, I'd rather just have the downvote. Things like the crying/confused face have already become annoying, and it almost seems to invite people to make fun of posts. If someone wants to be that guy, make them go all the way with the downvote. Otherwise, they don't have to respond with a reaction at all, and could instead actually reply to the post.

Really, the last thing we need to to give people the means to make subtle, sarcastic jabs at other members. If someone makes an assertive and ignorant post, he'll receive a just helping of downvotes. Hit that same post with a barf and confused emoji, and at the very least, the original poster will likely assume that whoever reacted is just an ass.

16 minutes ago, Westin said:

Honestly, I wouldn't want additional 'negative' emojis for the neg rep, I'd rather just have the downvote. Things like the crying/confused face have already become annoying, and it almost seems to invite people to make fun of posts. If someone wants to be that guy, make them go all the way with the downvote. Otherwise, they don't have to respond with a reaction at all, and could instead actually reply to the post.

Really, the last thing we need to to give people the means to make subtle, sarcastic jabs at other members. If someone makes an assertive and ignorant post, he'll receive a just helping of downvotes. Hit that same post with a barf and confused emoji, and at the very least, the original poster will likely assume that whoever reacted is just an ass.

Very good points.  When you say 'downvote', are we talking a Thumbs Down?  Arrow?  Something else?

464068040_thumbsdown.png.9be242a179de801a64615267671459e4.png  

arrows.jpg.792dd1bb991cd6ab7d2ee54150878ed1.jpg

3 hours ago, a Chunk said:

Very good points.  When you say 'downvote', are we talking a Thumbs Down?  Arrow?  Something else?

464068040_thumbsdown.png.9be242a179de801a64615267671459e4.png  

arrows.jpg.792dd1bb991cd6ab7d2ee54150878ed1.jpg

Probably just the arrow I would think