On 11/29/2019 at 7:56 PM, SaltyKoalaBear said:

This game was too big brained for its time. Rip having Godhoud vision and a doghoud player/consumer base. I know the feels 

I legit hate what most of the "halo community" and its level designers value in design, and Im sure others in the community feel the same about my designs and others, and were totally in the right for doing so. My hope is that in the future more games have level editors so we all can design for games whose Identity we actually value instead of debating what should be valued in a piece of shit "AAA" Shooter named Halo 5. Hell, most of the disagreements we have in this community stem from the lack of Identity halo has had for the past 10 years. Fuck this game.    

@Box_Hoes

H5 is for Gods 

How the fuck haven't I seen this game. This looks so badass

15 hours ago, Kantalope said:

Is it just me or does almost every map trailer from this group have Spyro or orchestral music exclusively?

Edit: I'll remake Dodecahedron as Icosadodecahedron and win the contest and the hearts of all you badkids

Excuse me, I don't make map trailers and if I did the music would exclusively be infant annihilator. 

All I know is that even when I remove all extraneous data and clips, compress the file, and attempt to upload my full trailer, it still takes an entire day. Yikes...

edit: upload speed on my current internet connection is like 6mb/s so that explains a lot

edit 2: voila!

Is anyone else hyped for Cyberpunk? I cannot freaking wait, it looks like its going to be an amazing experience, a whole new alternate world and lore to explore. We got a glimpse of what the city layout will look like based off the cover of a cyberpunk art book, this is what it looks like

CP-Map.png.4a5be6beef51c4423fb449366bc3c81d.png

We can assume the playable map extends past whats shown on the cover here, and dev mentioned the playable space extends vertically within the city, overlap and high density with "lots of different ways to go up and down" 

If you overlay the metro map we first saw in the e3 trailer you can get an idea of the different districts and themes

cyberpunk-2077-metro-map-cyberpunk-2077-t-shirt-wall-art-from-home-goods_1559407449_680x680_bf9dbf69d9ef4d2d.jpg.9a22b408f7d4c333382edd09494c4f0a.jpg

Fun fact i just learned when digging into all of this, the ORIGIONAL map developed by Mike pawnsmith for the cyberpunk universe was atually made in a sim city game, old school style

sgvosuvqil331.jpg.2b52bc266f5e09f5eca8a0a73692dbe4.jpg

9fce39f9cac4cd9708b67d7deae0a510.jpg.2f94c7493ca245759e4066ef9a82695d.jpg

You can tell the map for the game went through alot of changes for whatever reason, the layout looks alot more organic. The difference in time between the board games and video game 2020-2077 supposedly explains away that discrepency. The OG world builder mike worked alongside CDPR to make sure the universe was mostly consistent and to help bridge to gap between the two experiences, i think he said a bomb dropped in between the board game universe and the video game to explain away some things. All very interesting stuff

Edited by Soldat Du Christ

TiavQEl.jpg

I've just started to reconstruct uncomfortable silence. If I can get it done in time, the level should end up being much better than the current version in every conceivable way. I've prefab'd a skeleton of objects within the map to make sure my scale is perfect (the new version will be maybe 10% larger) and I've also saved every detail object, like the large outdoor pillars, and will rebuild them as conservatively as I can. I can already tell that I'll end up saving hundreds of objects, and at the same time strengthen my visual themes with lighting and shapes (fog)

I'll also be extremely careful to never merge objects near edges, which should completely alleviate the clamber problems my maps always have.

14 hours ago, Westin said:

I've just started to reconstruct uncomfortable silence. If I can get it done in time, the level should end up being much better than the current version in every conceivable way. I've prefab'd a skeleton of objects within the map to make sure my scale is perfect (the new version will be maybe 10% larger) and I've also saved every detail object, like the large outdoor pillars, and will rebuild them as conservatively as I can. I can already tell that I'll end up saving hundreds of objects, and at the same time strengthen my visual themes with lighting and shapes (fog)

I'll also be extremely careful to never merge objects near edges, which should completely alleviate the clamber problems my maps always have.

Atta boy. Broad strokes win the day in H5: Forge 

old vs new

B6f5dc19 4f68 44b9 8f46 4797c331ddf0

B04e3db2 2884 4a5e 96e4 0ad23767e230

The first pillar was 96 objects, the second is 48. Temporary lighting.

The curving wall to the left has also been consolidated. Gonna be using as many floor/wall objects as I can, as I've heard that simple primitives are the absolute worst objects for performance.

Watching cyberpunk gameplay is tapping into some actual phobia inside of me of transhumanism, a not too distant reality. Like when V pulls that cable out of her arm and links in to someone else.... heeby geebees bro... im going to experience cyberpunk as being more of like a survival horror game rather than a world id actually want to live in.

Im going to play as a Nomad who clings to their humanity, spiting the juvinile street kids and corrupt elitist corpos 🤠

TiavQEl.jpg

7 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Is there any evidence of that somewhere?

Every forger who (over)uses simple primitives will tell you, almost any other set of objects is better for performance. You wouldn't think so, but something about them is really taxing. I've heard that walls, for instance, derender parts of the objects when merged, but primitives don't. I don't think anyone really knows how exactly it all works, but we don't have to. Just make a map with all simples and you'll start to see frame drops at like 1100 objects.

7 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Is there any evidence of that somewhere?

In my experience with Maar Dun it's mostly just having a lot of objects in one location that kills FPS, so like detailed or simple regardless. But if you are using simples like I was to fill in space or make detailed shapes, it'll cause issues pretty fast.