i could be wrong but i only remember clasic halo having different melee times for HEAVY weapons like fuel rod, rockets etc...

why do super soldiers melee weapons at diff speeds? what are they fucking pussies?

Edited by JB_

10 hours ago, JB_ said:

i could be wrong but i only remember clasic halo having different melee times for HEAVY weapons like fuel rod, rockets etc...

why do super soldiers melee weapons at diff speeds? what are they fucking pussies?

stupid 'realism' paradigm where everything has to 'feel' real, but they forgot the heaviest weapon in the game

also forgot to add auto-reloading on it lmao

apparently there's also an aim buff for crouching, if the loading screen tips are to be believed

meaning that if you crouch spam while SKstrafing you counteract spread per-shot, which might explain why I can't melt with that gun but everyone else with stable connections and 60FPS can

Forget how fast he melted me with the pistol spam, but how trash the sound design is. Why does it fade in so quietly? Edited by no god anywhere

8 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

Forget how fast he melted me with the pistol spam, but how trash the sound design is. Why does it fade in so quietly?

Get good 

Just spam and it sometimes works. If it doesn't, reload and keep going or reposition. Gotta love how bloom encourages the opposite of pacing

After experiencing ranked I actually cannot handle playing with those starts. Especially BTB, it's some of the worst Halo I've ever experienced. Give me Halo 5 all day if it means I get a precision weapon.

Before I joined forums and started forging and interacting with the design discussions i had blissful ignorance and was able to mostly enjoy halo games for what they were. If you in a way suspend disbelief, there is some fun to be had with this game.

I actually am starting to enjoy the quick play meta. Something about relying on the ar pistol switching feels faster paced, more fluid and engaging for me. I'm not having much trouble with the aiming anymore and I'm slowly finding more utility in different weapon pickups.  Equipment is becoming more advantageous and less of an afterthought. I couldn't care less about the monetization. Im even forming a soft spot for oddball, which I've always hated. Im a lone wolf flanker in any game i play, but have managed to drop that mentality. Coming to an acceptance for the poor map design as well, as hard as that was. As much as melee is broken and irritating beyond belief, im just avoiding that range at all costs. 

Its taken a little optimism and acceptance for things I can't change or have zero control over to get to the point that I can just have some dumb fun again, and not take the game too serious. I'll still be very clear that this is a terribly designed game though and I don't think I can ever get over crossplay, so if they don't let me filter out pc cheaters and kbm ill still drop this game like a hot tamale. 

On 11/20/2021 at 7:32 PM, icyhotspartin said:

an aim buff for crouching

What do you think about this aim buff for crouching?  Should players be allowed to trade movement for attack?  Decrease the efficiency of one to increase the efficiency of the other?  

2 hours ago, no god anywhere said:

Before I joined forums and started forging and interacting with the design discussions i had blissful ignorance and was able to mostly enjoy halo games for what they were. If you in a way suspend disbelief, there is some fun to be had with this game.

I actually am starting to enjoy the quick play meta. Something about relying on the ar pistol switching feels faster paced, more fluid and engaging for me. I'm not having much trouble with the aiming anymore and I'm slowly finding more utility in different weapon pickups.  Equipment is becoming more advantageous and less of an afterthought. I couldn't care less about the monetization. Im even forming a soft spot for oddball, which I've always hated. Im a lone wolf flanker in any game i play, but have managed to drop that mentality. Coming to an acceptance for the poor map design as well, as hard as that was. As much as melee is broken and irritating beyond belief, im just avoiding that range at all costs. 

Its taken a little optimism and acceptance for things I can't change or have zero control over to get to the point that I can just have some dumb fun again, and not take the game too serious. I'll still be very clear that this is a terribly designed game though and I don't think I can ever get over crossplay, so if they don't let me filter out pc cheaters and kbm ill still drop this game like a hot tamale. 

you just have higher standards now that you've experienced better maps and looked at game design more rigorously, which is fine. And i'm with you on the oddball thing, i think being forced to play obj modes has made me appreciate them more, where as before i would always avoid them.

now THIS is what i'm currently pissed about, wtf is up with this dog ranking system? This was one of the best games i've ever had, carried my team on my back, positive AF, good accuracy, and we barely WON after all my teammates went negative... AND I FREAKING LOSE RANK?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

carry stats.PNG

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

my ass was GETTIN that camo whether they like it or not

nah but i figured out u can move and run around during the loading screen which means i may be able to break the intro and start on the camo... but it did telelport me back to spawn will test more.

Edited by JB_

everything about this match is amazing, how this guy optimizes his movement by drop sliding around the map, how he makes full use of the sandbox to great effect, how he is absolutely slaying but his teamates still struggle to help pull the win, comedy gold

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

I don't know if Halo has ever had an easier BR. H2A is probably the only contender. Also, you actually cannot miss with the mangler

As long as we have 55 year old sandbox designers tuning magnetism until it feels good to them, every gun is just going to aim itself. That, combined with slow kill times, and I have to say infinite must be the hand-holdiest teamshotiest game in history