I have the entire rest of map prefabbed over from the og version, and then spawned 4 of those sentinel tunnels, and even after that I'm only at 1250 objects

what do I do now

edit: I think I'll just put down a bunch of expensive props, ruining the performance and betraying the entire point of this reforge. Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Westin said:

I have the entire rest of map prefabbed over from the og version, and then spawned 4 of those sentinel tunnels, and even after that I'm only at 1250 objects

what do I do now

You lose to soul flame and I on it 🙂 

Look how disgusting this is...

Heres some links and full quote : Link to reddit comment where someone pointed it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/e6ybmj/the_design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/f9tyrob/

" FIG. 3B illustrates a table providing an exemplary list of parameters of a game-play session that are modified based on a player's skill level and the corresponding experience for players of different skill levels. For example, in a first-shooter gaming environment, when a first player aims his weapon at a target, a parameter defining the tolerance for how accurate the player's aim must be to hit the target is modified based on the acquired skill level of the player. The computer assigns the tolerance for how accurate the player's aim must be to hit the target differently based on the skill level of the first player. A player having a higher skill level will be assigned a lower tolerance parameter and therefore, will have to be more accurate in aiming in order to hit the target. A player having a lower skill level be assigned a higher tolerance parameter and, therefore, could be less accurate in aiming in order to hit the target ". It's fucking sickening dude, Activision is like a cancer for gaming.

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear

1 hour ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

Heres some links and full quote : Link to reddit comment where someone pointed it out: https://www.reddit.com/r/modernwarfare/comments/e6ybmj/the_design_proof_of_sbmm_and_how_its_even_worse/f9tyrob/

" FIG. 3B illustrates a table providing an exemplary list of parameters of a game-play session that are modified based on a player's skill level and the corresponding experience for players of different skill levels. For example, in a first-shooter gaming environment, when a first player aims his weapon at a target, a parameter defining the tolerance for how accurate the player's aim must be to hit the target is modified based on the acquired skill level of the player. The computer assigns the tolerance for how accurate the player's aim must be to hit the target differently based on the skill level of the first player. A player having a higher skill level will be assigned a lower tolerance parameter and therefore, will have to be more accurate in aiming in order to hit the target. A player having a lower skill level be assigned a higher tolerance parameter and, therefore, could be less accurate in aiming in order to hit the target ". It's fucking sickening dude, Activision is like a cancer for gaming.

And people laugh when I say game designers will be damned for the products they make

Started up a points system - currently named 'NLD Points'

We'll let it run for a while and see how it works with current settings. 

Here are the current settings:

image.png.3da9909c7f038b07fdca0263c986d251.png

Not shown in that image are Reactions. We can't subtract points for a Downvote, but everything else will earn you the same amount of points as the reaction (this is for the person that receives the reaction, not the person who reacts).  Also, there's a daily bonus to anyone who visits the site.  Can't remember if I set it at 5 or 10 points.  Literally just have to visit the site and be logged in to get this daily bonus.  That option can be also setup so that you only get the bonus when you post, and it's adjustable to be a daily, weekly, or monthly bonus, or it can simply be turned off.  You can also easily Donate Points by hovering over someone's username.

Not sure exactly where we're going with this at the moment.  It's experimental.  We should be able to setup a system that would allow you to use your points to do certain things on the forums.  Sticky a thread of your choice.  Set your own custom user title, and other unique things that we have yet to think of (have any ideas?). 

I think it could be tied into the awards system we're working on (earn trophies for attaining X amount of NLD Points), and potentially be tied into the NLD Store which will be coming somewhere down the line as well.  For example, I believe we could set it up so that you can use points towards the purchase of some items.  Could also make it so that you get points by purchasing items, or even that you could just purchase points outright.  Not sure I want to go down that route, but it's something to think about...

Thank you all for volunteering to participate in this experiment!  :Evil:

Please no pay to win please please please! Discounts for getting achievements yes but buying  points is double silly because then it looks bad AND people are paying for their ‘discount’ and status, which defeats the purpose of //SKILL-BASED FORUM POSTING//!

7 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

Please no pay to win please please please! Discounts for getting achievements yes but buying  points is double silly because then it looks bad AND people are paying for their ‘discount’ and status, which defeats the purpose of //SKILL-BASED FORUM POSTING//!

Just realized that there's an option to Donate points at the bottom of every post.  Unfortunately it's broken... Won't let me donate points to myself.  😡

image.png.9b3a86d78e64b1a2e73b4bcb1b4ba742.png

I might see if I can remove it from there.

But on to the point of your post.  Just think of the contests we could host with all of the unskilled forum posters that are willing to pay to win...  Might be worth it, lmao.

14 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Im confused are points = rep or points = rank...?

Yeah, it's pretty confusing, I agree.  Points are separate, but maybe interrelated a little bit.

User Rank is based upon Post Count

Reputation is directly tied into the Reaction system.

Points are received for posts, new threads, uploading gallery images, making blog posts, and reactions (with us being able to award different amounts of points for each).  Can even change the amount of points awarded for each according to the forum section or user group. 

With the points system, I can setup options that would allow using points to Change your username, user title, username color.  Could also use points to enter a lottery, with a chance to earn more points, or play other games where you could earn points, purchase a box with a random amount of points in it.  In fact, the points system can even be used to allow you to purchase (with your points) a box that grants you a random increase to your post count or rep count.  I'm not planning to use those though, since I really want post count and rep count to be 'real'.  Maybe one interesting option related to that would be 'Reset Rep'.  I'll have to start working on just implementing a variety of different things and see if anything sticks.

As I mentioned, it's an experiment.  It may turn out to be overkill, and can be de-activated, or points can be totally reset at any point.  But it's worth testing out for a bit.

Okay, I've set up some items for purchase (with NLD Points), so everyone can start playing around with this.  You'll see 'Members Shop' on the Navigational Bar under this dropdown menu:

image.png.70f15a9bdf84baca70562700d5f837fb.png

There are multiple options there you can check out.  If you click on 'Members Shop', it will bring you to a page where you can buy things with your points.

image.png.6753fa4018e9ebf3e8b400c9309c66fd.png

I've set most of them at a cost of 1 point for now, for testing purposes.  The Mystery Item Box and Pin Topic are the only ones set at more than 1 point for now.  Everyone should feel free to try these out.  Please let me know if you come across anything that's broken.

Edit: By the way, icyhot is making serious bank right now without doing anything at all... I have it setup so that you get 2 points for every reply to a thread you start, lmao.

Just now, icyhotspartin said:

oh shit

that could be troublesome, unless there's some way to make admin-pinned threads "non-monetizable"

then again, maybe someone will come up with a better WAYWO thread and get all the bread themselves

I know, for example, we can set it up so that Admins (or any other user group for that matter) can't receive points for specific things.  Unfortunately, it seems that most of the settings are on a 'per forum' basis.  So I would need to disable it for the entire Design Discussion forum.  I'll still need to spend a lot more time with this to get myself familiar with all of the options though - I certainly may be missing something.

Hey guys, I'm planning on applying for level design work soon. Lemme know how good or shit this is, and what to fix

I set it up to work on mobile and desktop as well so feedback on both versions is helpful

Edited by Jake Stegmeier | MartianMallCop

7 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

That is undoubtedly shitty but it's just a patent, Activision files about a million of them.  I highly, highly doubt it is implemented in any way into Call of Duty to be honest.  Not that the game doesn't have a slew of other issues, but I don't think dynamically adjusting auto aim based on skill is one of them.  Especially considering they give you aim assist levels in the settings.

6 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

That is undoubtedly shitty but it's just a patent, Activision files about a million of them.  I highly, highly doubt it is implemented in any way into Call of Duty to be honest.  Not that the game doesn't have a slew of other issues, but I don't think dynamically adjusting auto aim based on skill is one of them.  Especially considering they give you aim assist levels in the settings.

Finish your map bitchhhhh

7 hours ago, Jake Stegmeier | MartianMallCop said:

Hey guys, I'm planning on applying for level design work soon. Lemme know how good or shit this is, and what to fix

I set it up to work on mobile and desktop as well so feedback on both versions is helpful

With all due respect I think you should spend a year or two grinding designs in H5/infinite forge or another platform before applying.

What you have made in H5 has been quality, but I think your still in a developmental stage and due to you finishing up school/being busy with work you haven't had the time to apply yourself to the level I know your personally capable of.  I think the portfolios off to a great start, but imo is currently lacking enough convincing content. Ethier way I fully support and back your goals, but don't rush what doesn't need to be rushed. 

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

I was gonna post this exact comment from reddit  here aswell but never did. How did you manage to come across this a week later?

Anyways this is huge and people arent freaking out about this like they should be. I had a conspiracy theory that the grav in black ops 4 already has something like this implemented and after reading this patent I feel certain that I was right. Obviously weapons have aim assist variations independently and If a strobe light equipped on one players gun can turn off the aim assist for another player looking at them then this is clearly not something out of the realm of possibility already; one gun may already have this code while others dont.

The grav is a weapon released to everyone in the community at the same time outside of the contraband(why only this one?) and it's a weapon very commonly found effective for less skilled players. I have like 20 days playtime on bo4 and have been face to face with every gun in this game by every player of different skill levels and while I know the gun sucks it has still repeatedly outperformed in scenarios where I know it shouldn't have.

The grav in BO4 has more aim assist for less skilled players. 100%

Also I just want to point out that typically bad game design is unintentional or carelessness but modern warfare is a shining example of intentional bad game design on every level. It's a scary precedent.

Edited by no god anywhere