So in typical fashion I jumped the gun and wanted to do some art for the map. I also fucked around with the movement and jump settings to try to mimic halo better. Not super accurate yet.

How many times do you guys change an art-style? At first I wanted to go forerunner but now I'm starting to think UNSC Pit-ish, or something unique. Pit makes more sense to me cause this feels like a paintball/training simulation (INFINITY SLAYER!!!)  map or something. I can see the little yellow foam walls around everything and fences and everything is modular like PIT. Maybe it's  because of the hard edges in it's current stage.

4 hours ago, JB_ said:

So in typical fashion I jumped the gun and wanted to do some art for the map. I also fucked around with the movement and jump settings to try to mimic halo better. Not super accurate yet.

How many times do you guys change an art-style? At first I wanted to go forerunner but now I'm starting to think UNSC Pit-ish, or something unique. Pit makes more sense to me cause this feels like a paintball/training simulation (INFINITY SLAYER!!!)  map or something. I can see the little yellow foam walls around everything and fences and everything is modular like PIT. Maybe it's  because of the hard edges in it's current stage.

Nice job so far buddy. For me my art style is set pretty early on because I try to design areas that go with the art(Form and Function kinda thing). But I have for sure swap things before. Your still in the early stages so I would just do small experiments with each artistic style and see what speaks to you the most. Can't wait to see more of this as you go along.

"As long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist" - Thanos on Halo 5:Guardians.

This sums up how I feel about the majority of the player base in Halo 5, including many members of the forge community. 

It's quite disappointing that many of my designs are judged through those wearing these goggle's and that Ive had to cater to those attached to the old Halo ideals just to get individuals to recognize my maps as good design, but that's what happens when 343i creates an entirely new game and markets it as a Halo game.  In the future 343i, if you wish to make your own game, please just do so and don't market it as a Halo game. 

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear

21 minutes ago, Westin said:

Is the final version out now, or are you waiting to send the DL link with the trailer? I'd love to walk around on it

It’s not released yet. I’m still working on lighting and performance.

I can start it up with you or anybody that hasn’t tested it if they want, though.

Just now, Xzamplez said:

It’s not released yet. I’m still working on lighting and performance.

I can start it up with you or anybody that hasn’t tested it if they want, though.

I'll wait for the full experience. I wish I could refrain from showing my own maps early, but this much I can do

I really dont want to get dq'd for my map being escapeable again. I think its good, but that's what I thought last time. If anyone could take a run around concrete  jungle  and test this for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Not much time left😬

22 minutes ago, Chronmeister said:

I really dont want to get dq'd for my map being escapeable again. I think its good, but that's what I thought last time. If anyone could take a run around concrete  jungle  and test this for me, I would greatly appreciate it. Not much time left😬

You got dq'd from a contest for your map being escapeable? 

18 minutes ago, Chronmeister said:

Just have to say that that's a really bad reason to DQ a map.  I understand why it's part of the criteria, but common sense should prevail when it comes to assessing something like that.  If someone clearly made no effort to keep players within the desired gameplay area, then go ahead and DQ them.  But if something just gets overlooked, so what.  It's such an easy thing to fix, and there's no reason to DQ someone who's clearly spent time attempting to secure the boundaries.  Spending Map Testing time trying to actually break the boundaries of a map is incredibly short-sighted, and really poor use of the testers time.  If anything, that should only really come into play if a map is going into matchmaking.  For some reason I didn't even realize you had been DQ'd for that.  That really freaking sucks.  I hope and trust that common sense will prevail on this front this time around.

6 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

You got dq'd from a contest for your map being escapeable? 

Yeah, seth never even played Red Giant bc it was dq'd before the final round of testing started. Oh well. I'm over it. I just want to make sure it's not gonna happen again, especially with this map, which I feel really good about.