2 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

I call it “daar mun” lol jk

@Jake Stegmeier | MartianMallCop I made a library inspired by some of your architecture, and there’s 0 lighting 

3B8219AC-D06F-4537-832A-657C85D2C2C4.png

F4855DCB-6A6C-40B5-A235-5A5660E25471.png

I like how Ur Mun is up Daar

Edited by Soldat Du Christ

TiavQEl.jpg

3 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

@Jake Stegmeier | MartianMallCop I made a library inspired by some of your architecture, and there’s 0 lighting 

Yooooooo dude that's sick. Lemme know when I can check it out

4 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

One small recommendation though would be to avoid using the stone brick texture for walls unless you have a lot of trim and framing for them. It looks super unnatural when it has a space between blocks and there's a straight line cutting between all of it

2 minutes ago, Jake Stegmeier | MartianMallCop said:

One small recommendation though would be to avoid using the stone brick texture for walls unless you have a lot of trim and framing for them. It looks super unnatural when it has a space between blocks and there's a straight line cutting between all of it

Yeah I’ve honestly only been using 2 textures the whole time while just trying to get it built and play test, trying to see where I’ll be at object wise. Thanks I’ll definitely look out for that though 

Does anyone know if linking screenshots will update a map file? I already updated one of my maps by loading into a forge lobby, WITHOUT even starting the game. I guess I've answered my own question here with how sensitive this system is, but I'd really like to upload custom screenshots.

Full promotional release here.

I'll find a way to get that page somehow translated so I can post it here on NLD in the next few days.  Probably gonna screen cap the page in segments and post it here in the same fashion.  Enjoy!

PS. Working on a version that's performant on base Xbox One's now, gimme a few days.

28 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Full promotional release here.

I'll find a way to get that page somehow translated so I can post it here on NLD in the next few days.  Probably gonna screen cap the page in segments and post it here in the same fashion.  Enjoy!

PS. Working on a version that's performant on base Xbox One's now, gimme a few days.

I played it yesterday on my base xbone and i didn't notice any performance issues

TiavQEl.jpg

10 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

I played it yesterday on my base xbone and i didn't notice any performance issues

Oh well that's nice, but there's quite a bit ahaha maybe yours is super powered..or I've just spilled too much food into my vents. 

5 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

That's the thing that's really tricky. I have the Xbox One S and I couldn't find any performance issues on Maar Dun, but I hear some people saying that had a few hitches. 

It's tricky to optimize for other people's hardware when it can be so variable

1 hour ago, Jake Stegmeier | MartianMallCop said:

That's the thing that's really tricky. I have the Xbox One S and I couldn't find any performance issues on Maar Dun, but I hear some people saying that had a few hitches. 

It's tricky to optimize for other people's hardware when it can be so variable

Actually i just realised it is there, it just doesn't bother me for some reason, its not THAT bad

TiavQEl.jpg

27 minutes ago, Xelily said:

First post woo. Current tests for a Single player project I'm working on. I'll be posting more cohesive stuff once I have a nailed down Artstyle.

HighresScreenshot00055.png

HighresScreenshot00049.png

Any information as to what time period you're going for? 

5 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Any information as to what time period you're going for? 

Currently Its leaning towards the 30s and 40s in architectural style. I'm hoping to have a bit more freedom to do 60s and 70s as well.

banner.png

41 minutes ago, Xelily said:

First post woo. Current tests for a Single player project I'm working on. I'll be posting more cohesive stuff once I have a nailed down Artstyle.

HighresScreenshot00055.png

HighresScreenshot00049.png

This dude making BioShock Infinte: 2

I hope I'm right!

Edited by JB_

2 minutes ago, JB_ said:

This dude making BioShock Infinte: 2

I hope I'm right!

Pfft. I wish. I'll never come close to Infinite. Its kind of my inspiration for the project.

banner.png

Is this forerunner? The stupid pillar in the middle.

bca49d2a07b07296c7b3460d2189dc5a.jpg

This fucking pillar is pissing me off. I don't know what to do with it to make it forerunner. maybe I should call up 343... Throw some blue lights on it.

In this pic I tried copying construct floor 

5e9e0c5b49827eeaf3db2507aaa761a9.png

I gotta find a way to make it look less shit

maybe I'll try something with these shaps

4856bcd0935cfe8e15c5bab97f288a60.png

Edited by JB_

5 minutes ago, JB_ said:

Is this forerunner? The stupid pillar in the middle.

bca49d2a07b07296c7b3460d2189dc5a.jpg

This fucking pillar is pissing me off. I don't know what to do with it to make it forerunner. maybe I should call up 343... Throw some blue lights on it.

In this pic I tried copying construct floor 

5e9e0c5b49827eeaf3db2507aaa761a9.png

I gotta find a way to make it look less shit

maybe I'll try something with these shaps

4856bcd0935cfe8e15c5bab97f288a60.png

Just think about brutal shapes, something that makes a statement. Low poly stuff honestly works really well with good forerunner art, probably because it was originally made in that form. At least for the broad strokes. I believe in you