16 minutes ago, JB_ said:

this is like watching bob ross 3d model

Sometimes I'm like, "dude wtf are you doing, oh nvm you're a genius"

This makes me feel so inadequate, lol. Definitely enjoyed watching it though. 

2 minutes ago, a Chunk said:

This makes me feel so inadequate, lol. Definitely enjoyed watching it though. 

oh shit I didn't realize how long it was 

23 hours ago, Westin said:

I thought halo 5 was dead a year ago. It's really dead now. I haven't even thought about maps in a month

As long as Box, Salty, and I exist it won't die. (Until infinite comes out at least)

Going to at least try and finish MT Olympus for this game. The rest of my projects I think I am going to do with some other tools or infinite. Some of them are probably better off that way.

I was really hoping to be able to Feature some of the maps you all did for the Forgehub contest, but the only one posted here was MAAR DUN (which is already featured), apart from those posted by Staff Members.  ☹️

Would love to help you all get your work some recognition within the greater level design community...  Please share your work here. 🙏

https://www.nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/forums/forum/7-projects/&do=add

1 minute ago, a Chunk said:

I was really hoping to be able to Feature some of the maps you all did for the Forgehub contest, but the only one posted here was MAAR DUN (which is already featured), apart from those posted by Staff Members.  ☹️

Would love to help you all get your work some recognition within the greater level design community...  Please share your work here. 🙏

https://www.nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/forums/forum/7-projects/&do=add

check your discord for why I haven't posted them yet

Also, in case anyone didn't already notice, we're working on some addition visual/organizational changes to the site.  Working on consolidating items in the Navigational Bar, and potentially making some changes to the header.  We're also looking into streamlining User Info that shows to the left of each forum post.  Should all be for the better once done, so don't be alarmed if you notice things changing.

On a related note, if anyone reading this is skilled at coding websites, we have some modification we'd like to implement that are probably beyond the capability of anyone on staff.  If we end up attempting to move forward with some coding changes, I'd definitely prefer to work with someone that's already involved/invested in the community.  Feel free to contact me via PM, or on Discord and we can discuss.

2 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

@JB_ bottom? they always lean towards low poly

Yeah, I was surprised how low poly it was going off memory. though you'd be surprised

this one piece from guardian is one big piece, instead of segmented

ab794129f85b7be1b3aceb9672df6eca.png

5 hours ago, Chronmeister said:

Any of you guys play Escape from Tarkov? 

I play Star citizen, close enough

I need to find out how Mapcore runs their contests...

Their most recent contest had a deadline of Feb 1st.  There were over 200 map threads for the contest (I don't know how many of those actually met the submission criteria).  They announced the Top 10 on Feb 10th.  I'm really curious about how they manage that.  I also kind of like their overall format.  They have 4 main judging categories, with being rated out of a possible 25 points, for a total of 100 possible points.  Categories are: Fun Factor, Originality/Relevance to the "Exotic Places" Theme, Visual Presentation, Overall Polish.  They provide a very brief explanation of each.  I like the simplicity of the categories and rating system.  Other interesting thing that I kind of like is that after the Top 10 are announced, they have 1 month to update/improve their maps.  Then the judges again rank the top 10 using the same rating system.  

I don't know that it does anything to eliminate or even reduce butthurt, since I've seen about the same amount of complaining so far that we typically see from Forge Contests.  I really like some of the ideas though.  I'm curious to find out how they can arrive at a top 10 in less than 10 days.  I may reach out to the judges and see if they're willing to share...

For reference: https://www.mapcore.org/topic/23329-exotic-places-csgo-mapping-contest-2019/

GTFO is one of the most amazing  coop experiences I've ever had. Literally every enemy poses a sizable threat that requires precision and cooperation to properly take out. All the systems that are present are needed to successfully and efficiently complete objectives, and that efficiency is encouraged through how tense and resource intensive combat is. Killing Floor 1/2, Left4dead 1/2, and any other creature killing coop games pale in comparison. Does anyone know of any super fun co-op shooters that focus on non-zombie-like enemies? All I can think of is Payday 2, and none of my friends play that anymore.

13 hours ago, Kantalope said:

GTFO is one of the most amazing  coop experiences I've ever had. Literally every enemy poses a sizable threat that requires precision and cooperation to properly take out. All the systems that are present are needed to successfully and efficiently complete objectives, and that efficiency is encouraged through how tense and resource intensive combat is. Killing Floor 1/2, Left4dead 1/2, and any other creature killing coop games pale in comparison. Does anyone know of any super fun co-op shooters that focus on non-zombie-like enemies? All I can think of is Payday 2, and none of my friends play that anymore.

How is enemy variety in that game? I was pretty interested in it a few weeks ago, but the vids I watched made it look like there were only a handful of enemy types.