3 hours ago, Sqeazu said:

so i take it this is where most of the chit chat happens considering theres 69 pages of thread 😆

anyways here's my current project. its a modern house im making in unity for my vrchat buddies and i. it will feature a main lobby, game room, garage, gym, kitchen, strip club, pool and personalized rooms for each of my friends. still have a long way to go and would appreciate any unity based tips if you have any, as im still learning 🙂

Capture.JPG

How is development on a mac?

3 hours ago, Sqeazu said:

so i take it this is where most of the chit chat happens considering theres 69 pages of thread 😆

anyways here's my current project. its a modern house im making in unity for my vrchat buddies and i. it will feature a main lobby, game room, garage, gym, kitchen, strip club, pool and personalized rooms for each of my friends. still have a long way to go and would appreciate any unity based tips if you have any, as im still learning 🙂

Capture.JPG

download unreal 4  /s

jk 

Are you modeling it in engine or using blender or something? I would suggest using smoothing groups on the top of that middle room. So you can't see the individual faces. If it's made in engine though I suppose I don't know how to do that.

0745cfdeed4f75a582f3bedb23d6f230.png

it makes it appear smooth without actually adding extra polys. Like the top part of this image isn't using smoothing groups but the bottom is.

Edited by JB_
20 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

How is development on a mac?

Awful

-> Using a Mac is very limiting, unreal runs but auto-targets iOS, and all your files are saved in Apple format, so it’s a bitch to swap them over to PC

I might make some Halo: Custom Edition style maps if I can get a system figured out

10 hours ago, JB_ said:

So I didn't change anything I literally just added another cylinder, shrunk the bottom and  "locked" it in place. Already looks better besides that ugly thing sticking thru the side

01488b848b1f8b91c19d8fbf6e73e714.png

76110a73556e0e9c48ef25779504169c.gif

I like it! I can see it fitting into a guardian-style setting, with huge vines and a branches growing over the side that looks a little bare, on the right 

the only issue for me now is where the two sides of the frame meet the chicken head, I’m craving some kind of detail to join those two pieces 

1 hour ago, icyhotspartin said:

I like it! I can see it fitting into a guardian-style setting, with huge vines and a branches growing over the side that looks a little bare, on the right 

the only issue for me now is where the two sides of the frame meet the chicken head, I’m craving some kind of detail to join those two pieces 

bro im waiting on ur sketch ....

plus I just keep looking to Guardian for the inspiration, they have such sharp lines in their maps that are so distinct that I need to try and mimic. My railings do a good job of it, and the center piece as well is okay.

098c28ea0bb94b8f2cb4d19ccc86fc8f.gif

940e788486bd955a9b0e152d8bf3ae93.gif

PROBOOLEAN is sick, just put random shit into eachother and subtract or union it. SICK RESULTS

Edited by JB_
7 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

I actually can't wait to see given to flys map, i hope it blows the rest of the maps out of the water just to make a point. Granting it deserves it, i hope it becomes the community favorite and then 343 will be like, alright we need more forgers

I’m assuming anything cool he makes gets 343ized instantly 

Need some opinions. DId not like the previous elbow idea, or the fallen tree as a pathway leading to this tower. Scrapped. New idea is an H4 abandon like HOLLOW TREE LIFT.

Thoughts? IT'S NOT HOLLOW YET, LAY OFF Watch to the end for line of sights and trash like that.

Edited by JB_
6 hours ago, JB_ said:

e6ea7de3185643badbc24278a37a72ca.png

eh?

It’s not what I drew, but I didn’t exactly draw what you built lol

It looks a lot more like a chicken...? Or a raptor or something. The cleaner the better with re. to forerunner architecture. The detail is on the face of the material, in the texturing, rather than protrusions like you’ve got now. I’ll try and convey what I mean a little clearer in the morning :^)

BDD4A416-E484-4D61-A199-B30390D29D54.jpeg.0e78c929c2f95d6147a704fa9b4bfcc6.jpeg

B2316844-75C6-4D41-8F87-289FE5D71D0A.jpeg.b3e2338ae656a45e6028470c666e04a8.jpeg

88258915-9FF0-4CE1-887A-596382CE9699.jpeg.4baa967b32e9fb697b02031267940118.jpeg

Did what I could in an hour - it’s not perfect but it helps. I think the best way to say what I’m trying to convey is that the two screens on either side of the head can be tied directly to both the doorway (trim) and the transitional skirt around the tower’s exterior if you change the scale on the whole head piece, or if you stretch those two screens downward somehow. That way the ornament is organically linked to the tower’s macro geometry, and the areas are readable as ‘door’ and ‘player’s vertical limit’.

17 hours ago, icyhotspartin said:

It’s not what I drew, but I didn’t exactly draw what you built lol

It looks a lot more like a chicken...? Or a raptor or something. The cleaner the better with re. to forerunner architecture. The detail is on the face of the material, in the texturing, rather than protrusions like you’ve got now. I’ll try and convey what I mean a little clearer in the morning :^)

BDD4A416-E484-4D61-A199-B30390D29D54.jpeg.0e78c929c2f95d6147a704fa9b4bfcc6.jpeg

B2316844-75C6-4D41-8F87-289FE5D71D0A.jpeg.b3e2338ae656a45e6028470c666e04a8.jpeg

88258915-9FF0-4CE1-887A-596382CE9699.jpeg.4baa967b32e9fb697b02031267940118.jpeg

Did what I could in an hour - it’s not perfect but it helps. I think the best way to say what I’m trying to convey is that the two screens on either side of the head can be tied directly to both the doorway (trim) and the transitional skirt around the tower’s exterior if you change the scale on the whole head piece, or if you stretch those two screens downward somehow. That way the ornament is organically linked to the tower’s macro geometry, and the areas are readable as ‘door’ and ‘player’s vertical limit’.

So I DID actually do it, but didn't like how it was looking, but this helps put it into perspective more.

On my map it just sort of look like a bell end