7 hours ago, S0UL FLAME said:

There's no waaay they could actually do this in a real scenario on.... console I guess ? (pc maaaaybe) but still if everything is super high poly at real time, they have to be doing some HUGE CULLING like Horizon Zero Dawn does to pull this off. They are probably culling everything in front and behind this chick

0RlreKB.gif?noredirect

2 hours ago, JB_ said:

There's no waaay they could actually do this in a real scenario on.... console I guess ? (pc maaaaybe) but still if everything is super high poly at real time, they have to be doing some HUGE CULLING like Horizon Zero Dawn does to pull this off. They are probably culling everything in front and behind this chick

0RlreKB.gif?noredirect

That whole presentation was showing that they COULD do it lol

5 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Weed culture is the wurst culture, slurpslurpslurpbubblybubblybubbly hackhahackhack whooOoOshhhhh damn bruh, aha, that was wildin breh, ah aha

The wurst culture is German, what are you talking about

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Weed culture is the wurst culture, slurpslurpslurpbubblybubblybubbly hackhahackhack whooOoOshhhhh damn bruh, aha, that was wildin breh, ah aha

You should try it sometime, it might give you new creative perspectives.

I'll agree that the stereotypical tropes "stoner culture" is a bit obnoxious, but then again what cultural trope isn't. 

This mans just trying to plant, grow 

and harvest one of  natures greatest gifts to mankind. Sadly the flower part of the plant is the main thing given attention because it's mind altering medicinal effects can be very easily misused, and often are misused recreationally, but with great power comes great responsibility. 

Anyways I don't want to hear shit about  why marijuana use is bad or annoying coming from someone who drinks malt liquor. Spare us please. 

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

Unrelated, but I've been really fascinated with fractals lately. 

220px-Mandelbrot_sequence_new.gif

220px-Fractal_tree.gif

Keep going down this path if you truly want to ascend, like me 😉

I did enough weed in highschool and it was terrible, gave me seizures and anxiety. Mostly it's all the stoners that i get matched up with on xbox on lfgs for apex or whatever, they are so dumb and toxic, and they always say smoking makes them play better and it absolutely DOESNT, they suck. I dont drink like that anymore that was a bad phase in my life

Edited by Soldat Du Christ

TiavQEl.jpg

people who are against weed are just fooled by the influence of big paper, which spends trillions to silence studies that prove hemp can replace computer paper

It’s a whole thing, and only I know about it. That’s how deep this one goes.

2 hours ago, Westin said:

people who are against weed are just fooled by the influence of big paper, which spends trillions to silence studies that prove hemp can replace computer paper

It’s a whole thing, and only I know about it. That’s how deep this one goes.

Recreational marijuana and hemp are two different industries with separate cultures, you generalised waaaay too much with that initial insinuation 

TiavQEl.jpg

I think you prove his point by saying there are multiple industries created from one plant and generally the people pushing for hemp are the same people pushing for recreational use historically. Even as a recreational drug it is a much better tool for stress relief than alcohol as it lacks the deadly effects that pickling oneself creates. Also, people are way more likely to get belligerent and aggressive with alcohol and make choices that will just add to their stress. 

Fun fact: one of the greatest tools in taking over America from the natives was alcohol. It was initially used as a trade item for quality goods but rampant abuse took place and soon that was all the natives traded for other than guns and horses. It had incredibly negative effects on the destabilization of tribes and you can still see the effects of it with those who live on reservations.

I am not shocked that you had a negative experience with pot based on what I know about you.

1 hour ago, purely fat said:

I think you prove his point by saying there are multiple industries created from one plant and generally the people pushing for hemp are the same people pushing for recreational use historically. Even as a recreational drug it is a much better tool for stress relief than alcohol as it lacks the deadly effects that pickling oneself creates. Also, people are way more likely to get belligerent and aggressive with alcohol and make choices that will just add to their stress. 

Fun fact: one of the greatest tools in taking over America from the natives was alcohol. It was initially used as a trade item for quality goods but rampant abuse took place and soon that was all the natives traded for other than guns and horses. It had incredibly negative effects on the destabilization of tribes and you can still see the effects of it with those who live on reservations.

I am not shocked that you had a negative experience with pot based on what I know about you.

whether or not i proved any later point is irrelevant, he said something really small minded and i corrected him on that. I sure he is right about the whole lobbying thing though and i agree with what you said, alcohol is way worse

TiavQEl.jpg

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

whether or not i proved any later point is irrelevant, he said something really small minded and i corrected him on that. I sure he is right about the whole lobbying thing though and i agree with what you said, alcohol is way worse

@Soldat Du Christ 

I agree that most recreational use of marijuana is abusive, and the culture that surrounds it's over use is toxic and non beneficial to society. No argument there.

But calling chron, a full time working man that you know nothing about, whom decided to grow one of the most beneficial plants in the world (even though he is growing it for one of it's most niche(but widespread) purposes) , "dope head 420 stoner shit" is just insulting and narrow minded. 

Clearly you've had negative experiences with it and with it's abusers, so YOU have generalized way to much with YOUR insinuations.   I'd rather talk about level design in here anyways, since that's what the website is about, so I'm with you on not wanting the topic on this particular fourm, but try to communicate that without the insults.  Feel free dm me about your progress @Chronmeister 

Ps @Westin was being sarcastic, I thought that was pretty obvious. 

Edited by SaltyKoalaBear

12 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

220px-Fractal_tree.gif

Pretty much any time I wanna make a cool photoshop picture I'll just Google "c4d" or "fractal render" and just drop one onto the image. Been doing that for like 15 years, they're really cool. 

@Chronmeister @SaltyKoalaBear 

I enjoy reading about and discussing a lot of different subjects, and I’m perfectly okay with having a wide variety of discussions here on this forum. 
I do think that this particular thread is probably not the best place for it. I created the General Discussion Forum specifically for these sorts of subjects. I’d love to follow along if one of you were to start a thread there. 
https://www.nextleveldesign.org/index.php?/forums/forum/12-general-discussion/

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

220px-Fractal_tree.gif

Edited by JB_

Yikes, I was kidding, and anyone who knows me (all of you) should’ve been able to tell😅

A for what I actually think... multiple times in scripture the word ‘sorcery’ is listed among other sins. Paul especially liked to create big lists, and this word is always there. The word is translated from the Greek word pharmakeia, from which we English speakers derived pharmacy. In context, the epistles aren’t talking about some vague form of magic or whatever, but the use of mind altering drugs. (Not medicine) And we know that, because at that time, certain churches were absolutely surrounded by occultism wherein people used hallucinogenics and alcohol to induce “religious” experience, hence the letters containing explicit directions.

I will say, I’m definitely interested in anything that would make me more creative. That sounds amazing to be honest, but I’ve been commanded not to partake. Plus, I think it’s reasonable to assume that anything that has the power to alter my person to that extreme could have other effects. Even if you aren’t a Christian, I suspect it could be very unwise to delve into.

PS: I made more maps visible

3 hours ago, SaltyKoalaBear said:

@Soldat Du Christ 

I agree that most recreational use of marijuana is abusive, and the culture that surrounds it's over use is toxic and non beneficial to society. No argument there.

But calling chron, a full time working man that you know nothing about, whom decided to grow one of the most beneficial plants in the world (even though he is growing it for one of it's most niche(but widespread) purposes) , "dope head 420 stoner shit" is just insulting and narrow minded. 

Clearly you've had negative experiences with it and with it's abusers, so YOU have generalized way to much with YOUR insinuations.   I'd rather talk about level design in here anyways, since that's what the website is about, so I'm with you on not wanting the topic on this particular fourm, but try to communicate that without the insults.  Feel free dm me about your progress @Chronmeister 

Ps @Westin was being sarcastic, I thought that was pretty obvious. 

all you do is insult people salty, you are a troll, don't get on my case you dope fiend

TiavQEl.jpg