1 hour ago, MultiLockOn said:

There are a lot of games with bad rolling / dodge animations, Dark Souls is not one of them. I don't know how you'd make those anims any better honestly.

I am very excited about Elden Ring as well, but personally as you've read above I'd be pretty disappointed if it borrows from Sekiro (which I think Miyazaki said it will so I'm prepared for it). DS / BB combat is just a very elegant and simple system that is much easier to design for, and much more difficult to cheese I think. Sekiros combat becoming very system based I don't think is a great move, considering how much messaging has to now go into every little attack. Plus it limits your ability to engage with multiple enemies at once as the combat involves you standing there locked in with one guy, target switching isn't really a thing. I think the further it goes away from the systems the better.

I don't know i never played sekiro, but i've watched speed runs of both games which is very much the highest level of play, and i could have been fooled by what apears to be good combat when it's really a linear patern like you explained. But I don't understand why you aliken bb and ds as if they share the same quality of combat, at least mechanically they are different, the biggest differences being the lack of ability to tank damage with a shield, instead forcing you to use the many unuiqe weapon combonations, and the health regen ststem... also side stepping looks alot cooler, compared to throwing your entire body in a summersault several times like a clown

TiavQEl.jpg

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

????

Sekiro is the cheesiest game fromsoft has ever made, and for a lot of reasons. Basically every boss in the game has a loop you can trap them in by some pattern, for lady butterfly it was hit hit dodge, hit hit, dodge. Etc. You could do that start to finish without looking at your screen and beat her, and basically every boss in the game has some blatant oversights akin to that. 

That's not even to mention the INTENTIONAL cheeses in the game. Spam firecrackers to stun the bull. Run away and hide for the free assassination kill. Flame vent to stun repeatedly. Run in circles forever and get 1 hit at a time. None of any dark souls games even comes close to the amount of cheese and oversights in sekiro, I'm pretty sure you could beat every boss in that game illegitimately. Dark Souls that's not even close to true, especially DS3, those bosses are tough

If you can't tell I really didn't like Sekiro lol I thought it was a really weak FS game.  Really sloppy and clunky combat that was poorly defined and gimmicky. 

If were speaking of intentionally breaking the game then sure its cheesy. I was speaking from the assumption that someone is playing these games with integrity though. If youre looking up how to cheese bosses then by all means do whatever you call that but no one is going to find even a handful of those methods sight-reading the game.  Fundamentally though the game had poor oversight before and after and shit that exists like that needs to be fixed. Its broken. The firecrackers are cheese all the way though. I wont deny that. I just didnt use them after i realised so. I forgot about them until you said something.

Sekiro is a shinobi(link). Its majorly a stealth game. Youre meant to pick off enemies one by one until you face an enemy head to head in combat. Dark souls nearly forces you to just stand there in defense and hold your shield up, roll out of the way, and get a hit in wherever possible. Sekiro gives you the option of multiple forms of agility and stealth until youre locked into a precisely timed combat scenario where experience and aggression is steeply rewarded. The skill gap between starting sekiro and finishing it is huge compared to dark souls.  Also dark souls has no advantage over sekiro in terms of facing multiple enemies. Sekiro is designed with the intent that youre not facing multiple at once but its still feasible in the same way as dark souls and also the AI will wait to attack if there are multiple. Dark souls bombards you with multiple enemies to create false difficulty with no legitimate method of fighting them.

It seems to me you made the same mistake people typically do which is going in with the intention of playing it like a dark souls game.   Honestly though, excuse my assumption, but I cant believe youve actually spent time with this game and still believe it has sloppy and clunky combat. Thats objectively not true and you wouldnt say so otherwise. I thought exactly the same way for the first part of the game. Actually i was bitching about how shitty it was in a party with soldat when it first came out. I think you have preconceived biases against the game and should be open minded and give it another shot. Youre missing out on a great game.

I will be ecstatic to find out we are getting a mix of the games. It will be a dream come true. Dark souls just feels so boring and easy now after sekiro.

Edited by no god anywhere

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

I don't know i never played sekiro, but i've watched speed runs of both games which is very much the highest level of play, and i could have been fooled by what apears to be good combat when it's really a linear patern like you explained. But I don't understand why you aliken bb and ds as if they share the same quality of combat, at least mechanically they are different, the biggest differences being the lack of ability to tank damage with a shield, instead forcing you to use the many unuiqe weapon combonations, and the health regen ststem... also side stepping looks alot cooler, compared to throwing your entire body in a summersault several times like a clown

Like any typical game, the AI has a strict set of attacks and movesets. In dark souls you could beat an enemy, and bosses, multiple times without ever knowing exactly what they are correct? In sekiro this is almost non existent because you basically match their attacks with parry  so there isnt much obvious 'bounce off a shield or recover from their combo period' where you just slash and put your shield up again. Theres a lot of memorization and precise rythm to the fighting, even with the grunts. Im not sure if youre aware of the posture bar on sekiro but you basically just continuously match their attacks with parry until you break their posture. Its such a great system because of how rewarding it is to be good at the game. Imagine not being allowed to block in Dark Souls and all you have is a super quick parry that you have to hit multiple times to break poise? Fucking A+.

Ive never played bloodbourne but man it sounds great. Ive never even watched gameplay because i dont want to ruin my inevitable experience with it.

Also guys i have a 5 week old daughter now. Shes healthy and beautiful and my life has changed exactly as everyone said it would. Ive never been so happy, ever. 

2 hours ago, no god anywhere said:

Also guys i have a 5 week old daughter now. Shes healthy and beautiful and my life has changed exactly as everyone said it would. Ive never been so happy, ever. 

Congratulations man!  That is awesome.  :classic_biggrin:

3 hours ago, no god anywhere said:

Like any typical game, the AI has a strict set of attacks and movesets. In dark souls you could beat an enemy, and bosses, multiple times without ever knowing exactly what they are correct? In sekiro this is almost non existent because you basically match their attacks with parry  so there isnt much obvious 'bounce off a shield or recover from their combo period' where you just slash and put your shield up again. Theres a lot of memorization and precise rythm to the fighting, even with the grunts. Im not sure if youre aware of the posture bar on sekiro but you basically just continuously match their attacks with parry until you break their posture. Its such a great system because of how rewarding it is to be good at the game. Imagine not being allowed to block in Dark Souls and all you have is a super quick parry that you have to hit multiple times to break poise? Fucking A+.

Ive never played bloodbourne but man it sounds great. Ive never even watched gameplay because i dont want to ruin my inevitable experience with it.

what's her name?

TiavQEl.jpg

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

First Ellie middle Vera

Ellie Verra No God Anywere, hmmm, interesting choice boss (Edit: sorry bad joke, was trying to make it seem like that would be her last name, lol. I like it, Ellie Vera Griffith)

Edited by Soldat Du Christ

TiavQEl.jpg

6 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Bb is the same exact thing as DS but without a shield? Lol I don't even use shields in DS so to someone like me it really is the same exact thing. The health regen is the same exact thing? Blood vials are esthus flasks with a different animation. And you only side step when you're locked on, if you're unlocked you still somersault and there's much more invincibility frames so I still ended up doing it more. I get that you're saying about it looking a little cooler though  I guess the roll just never bothered me personally. It certainly would be much less characteristic without a dodge roll, I don't like to imagine an alternate universe for Dark Souls where we got a side step instead. Tldr, BB is no different than DS it just looks way cooler. 

5 hours ago, no god anywhere said:

If were speaking of intentionally breaking the game then sure its cheesy. I was speaking from the assumption that someone is playing these games with integrity though. If youre looking up how to cheese bosses then by all means do whatever you call that but no one is going to find even a handful of those methods sight-reading the game.  Fundamentally though the game had poor oversight before and after and shit that exists like that needs to be fixed. Its broken. The firecrackers are cheese all the way though. I wont deny that. I just didnt use them after i realised so. I forgot about them until you said something.

Just for the record, I've beaten Sekiro lol I still like it relative to basically any other game. It's just really weak for FS.

I didn't look up how to cheese bosses in my playthrough. A lot of them I just found out how. That stupid snake guy with a cannon next to the poison lake? Really hard. You know how I ended up beating him? I sprinted in circles around him for 20 minutes baiting one attack where I'd go in for one slash and then repeat. The entire game, basically caters itself to being cheesed because the "actual" way you duel enemies is so much harder than just doing whatever exploit you find. I've seen people legit cheese their way through the entire game, again that's not possible with dark souls. How are you gonna say Sekiro isn't cheesy then deny every cheese by saying "oh well play the game legit". But the bigger problem is the intentional cheeses they put in the game, like the firecrackers. Dark Souls and BB had stuff like this like the first BB boss Gascoigne has a music boss. But it only works 3 times and it only gives you time for 1 hit lol it's REALLY subtle. The things they tell you to do in Sekiro are so blatantly game breaking and compromise the entire game.

I'll definitely agree with you and say, when you play Sekiro the way they "want"you to play it (kinda not even true) and just sit there and duel an enemy without using any prosthetics or items, its definitely harder than Dark Souls. It's a higher high for sure. I think the problem is getting to that point is really bad. The messing and icon for Perilous Attacks is straight up WRONG half the time like the game lies to you. It requires like 4 different systems involving your posture, their posture, health, parrying, that goes into making the most basic fight. And half the time the systems fail you and don't even work. This isn't even to mention that the best way to play the game is to spam the parry button as fast as you can, I don't understand why they didn't have a buffer to make it not worth it to spam LB. like why make a timing based skill that you invalidate by just mashing the button, to me that looks way goofier than any roll in DS. 

The winning run against a boss in Sekiro is sick. You basically have the pattern down pat and get to sit there and duel. The problem is every run leading up to that requires you to sit there and die while you experiment how to deal with certain attacks because you legit just don't know how to deal with them until you get hit. There's no way of knowing. In souls you can just use your eyeballs and look, in Sekiro you cant. Try blocking? Nope, went through the block now I'm dead. Then try jumping, nope. Then try side stepping? Yup that's it. Now repeat for all their other perilous attacks as you die like 6 times. Its a really cheap difficulty and I feel like even they recognize that because they gave you a selfrez lmao it's like their way of saying "hey straight up, you're going to die to shit you can't know here's an undo button". Can you imagine how busted the game would be without the bandaid fix of the self rez? 

Sekiro is a shinobi(link). Its majorly a stealth game. Youre meant to pick off enemies one by one until you face an enemy head to head in combat. Dark souls nearly forces you to just stand there in defense and hold your shield up, roll out of the way, and get a hit in wherever possible. Sekiro gives you the option of multiple forms of agility and stealth until youre locked into a precisely timed combat scenario where experience and aggression is steeply rewarded. The skill gap between starting sekiro and finishing it is huge compared to dark souls.  Also dark souls has no advantage over sekiro in terms of facing multiple enemies. .

Well to be honest the stealth portion of it is retarded lol and undermines the skill of it completely. If you don't like people using the shinobi tools to gimmick a fight then why is sitting in a bush to assassinate someone instantly any better? The difficulty between ACTUALLY dueling an enemy or just instant killing them is MASSIVE, so massive that they give the hard enemies two health bars just so after you assassinate them you have to fight them legit lmao and if you miss the assassination and aggro them? Might as well go back and reset the bonfire because fighting them twice legit is retarded and the game is tuned so that you basically have to assassinate them the first time. It's actually so silly. And the whole stealth aspect of the game is just a long time of waiting in one spot honestly, I don't think it's better for it. 

"Sekiro is designed with the intent that youre not facing multiple at once but its still feasible in the same way as dark souls and also the AI will wait to attack if there are multiple. Dark souls bombards you with multiple enemies to create false difficulty with no legitimate method of fighting them.
"

Except, you still do have to fight multiple people at once, and the combat falls apart because the whole thing is built around dueling. Unless it's one of the dumb enemies that you just mash RB and do the fatal blow (over and over and over). How could what you just said be considered a good thing lol artificial caps on the AI so they don't all attack? What is this assassins creed lol I always loved that DS didn't have these silly limitations on their AI to coddle you like that. Huge step back in integrity imo. Good players in DS are unlocked a lot of the time so dealing with multiple enemies isn't this weird dilemma, you just need spacing.

"It seems to me you made the same mistake people typically do which is going in with the intention of playing it like a dark souls game.   Honestly though, excuse my assumption, but I cant believe youve actually spent time with this game and still believe it has sloppy and clunky combat. Thats objectively not true and you wouldnt say so otherwise. I thought exactly the same way for the first part of the game. Actually i was bitching about how shitty it was in a party with soldat when it first came out. I think you have preconceived biases against the game and should be open minded and give it another shot. Youre missing out on a great game"

Well, I'm not missing out because I beat the game. And 'objectively' the amount of time between pressing a button to attack in Sekiro, and the guy actually doing it. Is longer than any game I have ever played in my life. The game also eats inputs ALL the time because the system for queing actions is dependent on WHAT you're trying you que. Some times you press a button and it straight up will just ignore the input. Id say if we're throwing out the word objectively, then objectively Sekiro is the clunkiest game I've ever played. 

It doesn't really matter it they say its not a Dark Souls game and "it's a totally different experience!" Because it's not. If you changed the title to Dark Souls 4 it would just be dark souls with a ton of random systems implemented and clunky controls and gimmicky stealth mechanics. Just because they called it something else doesn't change that fact, I think it's just a worse game straight up. 

This doesn't even begin to get into how bad the level design, animation, character art, voice acting, and everything they USUALLY nail, was in Sekiro compared to their other titles.  

ALL THIS BEING SAID , I still enjoyed it lol. It's just my standards for FS is so unbelievably high after DS1, 3, and BB. I know Miyazaki himself was not that involved with Sekiro which also gives me some hope for Elden Ring. 

And congrats on the little one man, happy for you. I'd say we should play some games soon but I'm sure you've got your hands full right now. 

@MultiLockOn I wasn't talking about estus, in bb you can get some health back after taking damage if you counter attack, you don't HAVE to just retreat to heal, you can stay in the fray

I don't care about whether or not you play with integrity or not, any game can be fun if you take restrictive liberties upon yourself to make it more interesting. On one of my ds1 builds i play as a pyro who only uses a spell and whip in each hand and i force myself not to lock on just to ENJOY the game not because its optimal. When it comes to critiquing a game i judge games by how easy you can optimise the fun/difficulty out of it, and that's where im coming from on this, come on you have to admit dark souls is way worse than blood borne, i know you know better

Because there are no shields in bb you are forced to play with with integrity, or at the very least it is alot less easier to cheese the game because of this vs ds. AND on top of all that the weapons and there combinations are way more unuiqe and interesting.

TiavQEl.jpg

4 minutes ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

@MultiLockOn I wasn't talking about estus, in bb you can get some health back after taking damage if you counter attack, you don't HAVE to just retreat to heal, you can stay in the fray

I don't care about whether or not you play with integrity or not, any game can be fun if you take restrictive liberties upon yourself to make it more interesting. On one of my ds1 builds i play as a pyro who only uses a spell and whip in each hand and i force myself not to lock on just to ENJOY the game not because its optimal. When it comes to critiquing a game i judge games by how easy you can optimise the fun/difficulty out of it, and that's where im coming from on this, come on you have to admit dark souls is way worse than blood borne, i know you know better

Because there are no shields in bb you are forced to play with with integrity, or at the very least it is alot less easier to cheese the game because of this vs ds. AND on top of all that the weapons and there combinations are way more unuiqe and interesting.

Oh I've never denied any of that, and I agree with you on that front. I actually prefer shields in DS3 because of how much damage still bleeds through, DS1 even the non 100 block shields seem to tank most of the damage. Still despite that the other aspects of DS1 are so strong that it's easy to overlook that. I do love BB though and it's definitely a harder game than DS1, in fact DS1  is probably one of their easier games. I always rank BB just below DS1 for my favorite game of all time. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

And congrats on the little one man, happy for you. I'd say we should play some games soon but I'm sure you've got your hands full right now. 

Gonna respond a little generalized not to make this get too long. Firstly i didnt have enough difficulty with the game that i looked for cheese but i wont deny your experience.  The cannon bitch in the swamp though? Really Hard. Guess how i beat her the first time? Running in circles. I guess we'll just have to chalk it up to my ignorance. I should of assumed people typically may have more difficulty than I or the length people will go to avoid playing a game they bought to play.

I cant recall sitting in bushes waiting for an enemy much but I remember waiting on some stairs forever one time. You can sprint around and grapple behind enemies so fast that youd never need to do that but again, i wont deny your experience.  Again we'll chalk it up to my ignorance. I could understand some players playing much more cautious. Also can we give it up to sekiro for its verticality? Hell yeah.

Multiple health bars is literally the same as one health bar. Its just a visual indication that backstabbing this enemy wont do fatal damage and you'll have to break posture multiple times. I personally went for posture breaking the mini bosses after finding out they dont respawn instead of backstabbing them. You have such a problem with the game being so cheesy(reasonably so) but a mechanic that wont allow it is bad design? Seems like youre being a little inconsistent.

Artificial caps on AI is a correction of dark souls where they all clip into each other and become a super enemy bum rush. The first hit turns into a stun lock death. Thats poor game design IMO and the way dark souls utilizes it is its biggest problem. When fighting multiples on sekiro you just need space aswell, except you can actually wipe them out intelligently without only hoping for one to break off every time. Either way both games have a problem, sekiro just doesnt have it as bad. Also you are highly exaggerating the combat system in sekiro as something youre locked into. Its the same fundamental gameplay and you can definitely target swap just as easily.

Ive never had a "system" be wrong. Are you aware there are different types of perilous attacks? Thrust, sweep and grab? You have to react to them all differently. Also spamming the deflect button isnt the best way to play. There are levels of accuracy to deflecting. Inacurate, accurate, and perfect. Inaccurate you'll take damage and posture build up. Accurate, you take a small amount of posture build up and perfect has a loud cling and a shower of sparks that give a boost to posture damage when you hit them consecutively. Spamming deflect is awful but it still shouldnt be possible. That should have been designed better.

You have to learn the enemies in sekiro the same way as dark souls. Theyre just as visually telling as dark souls but faster and you dont have a forgiving shield and invincibility frame roll ability to cheese yourself out of a mistake. Self res is because the games combat has a steep learning curve, small health bar and much less healing. People would give up too quickly. It even became a controversy how difficult the game is. Would you prefer the game just have a health bar double the size? Same thing except mentally self res feels like a legitimate second chance. Can you imagine the game if you could just farm souls for stats and overpower your enemies with no self improvement? People still give up quick.

I had instantaneous response times for my inputs. Ive never felt any lag in my inputs, issues with queuing, or ignored actions. I dont know how the hell you had that experience but it sounds terrible. Anyways It seems to me you dont even have a full understanding of the combat system which i cant even explain how you managed that after all the tip windows it throws at you but i could understand a game seeming more difficult than it really is if youre not even sure whats going on. Sorry you had a bad experience.

I still like the dark souls' a ton more, theyre definitely better than sekiro collectively but sekiros combat excels over dark souls in every way except variety, imo. Also as i get older im starting to enjoy a little more linear level design. Sekiro got it perfect for me. Im too busy to waste my time hitting every fucking wall hoping for a secret or running in circles for hours to find my way around the maze that is DS1, and i definitely dont want to ruin the game for myself by having to look it up.

Thanks btw and yeah im pretty busy now. When infinite comes online ill definitely make time though.

24 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

Gonna respond a little generalized not to make this get too long. Firstly i didnt have enough difficulty with the game that i looked for cheese but i wont deny your experience.  The cannon bitch in the swamp though? Really Hard. Guess how i beat her the first time? Running in circles. I guess we'll just have to chalk it up to my ignorance. I should of assumed people typically may have more difficulty than I or the length people will go to avoid playing a game they bought to play.

I cant recall sitting in bushes waiting for an enemy much but I remember waiting on some stairs forever one time. You can sprint around and grapple behind enemies so fast that youd never need to do that but again, i wont deny your experience.  Again we'll chalk it up to my ignorance. I could understand some players playing much more cautious. Also can we give it up to sekiro for its verticality? Hell yeah.

Multiple health bars is literally the same as one health bar. Its just a visual indication that backstabbing this enemy wont do fatal damage and you'll have to break posture multiple times. I personally went for posture breaking the mini bosses after finding out they dont respawn instead of backstabbing them. You have such a problem with the game being so cheesy(reasonably so) but a mechanic that wont allow it is bad design? Seems like youre being a little inconsistent.

Artificial caps on AI is a correction of dark souls where they all clip into each other and become a super enemy bum rush. The first hit turns into a stun lock death. Thats poor game design IMO and the way dark souls utilizes it is its biggest problem. When fighting multiples on sekiro you just need space aswell, except you can actually wipe them out intelligently without only hoping for one to break off every time. Either way both games have a problem, sekiro just doesnt have it as bad. Also you are highly exaggerating the combat system in sekiro as something youre locked into. Its the same fundamental gameplay and you can definitely target swap just as easily.

Ive never had a "system" be wrong. Are you aware there are different types of perilous attacks? Thrust, sweep and grab? You have to react to them all differently. Also spamming the deflect button isnt the best way to play. There are levels of accuracy to deflecting. Inacurate, accurate, and perfect. Inaccurate you'll take damage and posture build up. Accurate, you take a small amount of posture build up and perfect has a loud cling and a shower of sparks that give a boost to posture damage when you hit them consecutively. Spamming deflect is awful but it still shouldnt be possible. That should have been designed better.

You have to learn the enemies in sekiro the same way as dark souls. Theyre just as visually telling as dark souls but faster and you dont have a forgiving shield and invincibility frame roll ability to cheese yourself out of a mistake. Self res is because the games combat has a steep learning curve, small health bar and much less healing. People would give up too quickly. It even became a controversy how difficult the game is. Would you prefer the game just have a health bar double the size? Same thing except mentally self res feels like a legitimate second chance. Can you imagine the game if you could just farm souls for stats and overpower your enemies with no self improvement? People still give up quick.

I had instantaneous response times for my inputs. Ive never felt any lag in my inputs, issues with queuing, or ignored actions. I dont know how the hell you had that experience but it sounds terrible. Anyways It seems to me you dont even have a full understanding of the combat system which i cant even explain how you managed that after all the tip windows it throws at you but i could understand a game seeming more difficult than it really is if youre not even sure whats going on. Sorry you had a bad experience.

I still like the dark souls' a ton more, theyre definitely better than sekiro collectively but sekiros combat excels over dark souls in every way except variety, imo. Also as i get older im starting to enjoy a little more linear level design. Sekiro got it perfect for me. Im too busy to waste my time hitting every fucking wall hoping for a secret or running in circles for hours to find my way around the maze that is DS1, and i definitely dont want to ruin the game for myself by having to look it up.

Thanks btw and yeah im pretty busy now. When infinite comes online ill definitely make time though.

Love you ❤️ lemme know if you have a usual play time, I'd love to hop on and catch up  

15 minutes ago, MultiLockOn said:

Love you ❤️ lemme know if you have a usual play time, I'd love to hop on and catch up  

Everything in my life is changing so fast right now my body is having trouble keeping up itself. Im starting work again after parental leave on a new shift monday so once i know my new usual play time ill try to pass it along. 💋

4 hours ago, MultiLockOn said:

Oh I've never denied any of that, and I agree with you on that front. I actually prefer shields in DS3 because of how much damage still bleeds through, DS1 even the non 100 block shields seem to tank most of the damage. Still despite that the other aspects of DS1 are so strong that it's easy to overlook that. I do love BB though and it's definitely a harder game than DS1, in fact DS1  is probably one of their easier games. I always rank BB just below DS1 for my favorite game of all time. 

Ok but y tho?

TiavQEl.jpg

1 hour ago, icyhotspartin said:

7E869684-37C1-49A5-9187-F1F9DF9A3ED9.jpeg.fd817f5d421df5d07ad1bb017d1ef592.jpeg

Getting there

Don't make me hook up my Xbone again

Unrelated, but why is blender easier to use than 3DS Max? Why haven't I switched over before? Ugh.

16 hours ago, Kantalope said:

Don't make me hook up my Xbone again

Unrelated, but why is blender easier to use than 3DS Max? Why haven't I switched over before? Ugh.

i cant figure out how to move around in blender. i can move my amera and rotate it, but if I import a 3ds max file into blender and its all the way on the other side of the viewport.... idk how to move/get over there 😞

1 hour ago, JB_ said:

i cant figure out how to move around in blender. i can move my amera and rotate it, but if I import a 3ds max file into blender and its all the way on the other side of the viewport.... idk how to move/get over there 😞

You can press the ' . ' key to center the viewport on the object. Alternatively, you can select the object and move it to the origin, especially useful on gun/player models. Are you using update 2.8?

22 hours ago, icyhotspartin said:

15EB39A5-2CEB-4121-A4E3-201F4C0279FE.jpeg.a9208d85cf5e3bdfbb30da51e0d4d732.jpeg

06F9A9EF-ADFD-4BD3-97ED-63A0113DC029.jpeg.cdcb8af22560bea27971e96e5f4220e2.jpeg

30529520-B128-4F9B-93FB-8D444AAE69DF.jpeg.a09b146c9966ca15a4e5314a949abb65.jpeg

DD695142-06EF-4758-B388-2436DFF96A63.jpeg.d234c3aaea55825f37be426bc7f7141e.jpeg

8336B87D-A38A-4479-8B75-23D7867DC204.jpeg.198d2aa30fa65d53acadb734a00f7e36.jpeg

167333E1-14CA-44FD-9B79-5E726C679EBF.jpeg.41fcadc061b071e57deaddf1ebc44596.jpeg

C36FF7ED-D7D1-447F-AF8F-13AF6C480F21.jpeg.7d95314b5d54e692ffe265ee72e299bd.jpeg

479AB89B-B720-4598-9862-0DB1D397D6C7.jpeg.55925c9be72e6f17a1634f23e5766f72.jpeg

EAD23E85-229B-4FAB-BF3D-3DD47F4B11C3.jpeg.26655dd34ea829ad61fa2bf0f8191de7.jpeg

967F18E8-77E1-421A-A6CF-9E997C6D24BF.jpeg.9683c86bd392d4a1f6fb118c1b6fd579.jpeg

Sextant

Try it out
Classic 2s and 4s

I'm curious about the teles. Mind explaining why both go where they do?

On 5/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, Westin said:

I'm curious about the teles. Mind explaining why both go where they do?

Both are meant to put the first to sniper spawn on edge, not to the point where anyone porting gets a free kill, but so that they are able to create or continue an engagement and fight for sniper. Eyes on the exit while fighting, allowing for chases.

The closer one is meant to be the more obvious and dangerous route in, but the one with the least visibility in and out. I may move it closer to the cave room  entrance. The Green one is similar in that both are meant to allow players to see each other and choose how to engage. Sniper is meant to be easy in, but limited options out - either you go low, or you go along the ridge. Or you can stay and are in the flattest, most nadeable place on the map. It’s not a really dominating place to snipe from either.

I’ve also just never seen a map with teles that end up at the same spot. Adds some spice.

So far that’s how it’s played in testing, so I’m pretty pleased.

Edit: I’ve been told that the tele exits/sniper is a bit too easy to hold at higher levels. I’m considering various changes to address this, including raising the height of the central donut and adding a second path out of it, towards the weapon pod. I’m also considering my options re. Terminal room aesthetics and geometry, and Tele Room size/depth.