Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

Thumbs down the video then, dont shoot the messenger.

 

It's all good.  I always take the approach you've suggested, and I appreciate you speaking up if you disagree with it, but it's honestly not something that bothers me at all.  Rep is just for fun.  Using it as a way to express an opinion of the content being shared is perfectly okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind CrossfireX if I could turn vibration off. Game should be a nice free alternative for military esque shooters on xbox. Just need to include the ability to turn off vibration and some other quality of life stuff that console ports should have and it would be in a decent spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

@Chronmeister did you finish tlou2 yet? Any change in opinion?

Not even close yet, but i like it a little more each time I play it. I just think they could have made combat a little more interesting, but I dont think I've even seen every enemy yet so that may get a little better.  They definitely give you plenty of unique areas to fight/stalk in. I felt a little let down with the first one for the same reasons actually.  I'm playing it on hard and its incredibly easy. No battles really make you think too much. Just sneak and silently kill. It would be cool if they really forced you to find more strategic options to survive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chronmeister said:

Not even close yet, but i like it a little more each time I play it. I just think they could have made combat a little more interesting, but I dont think I've even seen every enemy yet so that may get a little better.  They definitely give you plenty of unique areas to fight/stalk in. I felt a little let down with the first one for the same reasons actually.  I'm playing it on hard and its incredibly easy. No battles really make you think too much. Just sneak and silently kill. It would be cool if they really forced you to find more strategic options to survive. 

It gets far better once you play as Abby. The skills, weapons, and upgrades are designed to emphasize more aggressive tactics. Basically there's less range to the hearing mechanic and the ability to make it more sharp within it's range with the crafted ammo being incendiary shotgun shells rather than arrows. Basically it shifts the resource management to be more combat focused than stealth focused. Makes sense considering that she's more of a soldier than a survivalist like Ellie. I just wish that more of the game was pseudo-linear rather than the almost purely scripted path that we see after Ellie's Seattle Day 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kantalope said:

It gets far better once you play as Abby. The skills, weapons, and upgrades are designed to emphasize more aggressive tactics. Basically there's less range to the hearing mechanic and the ability to make it more sharp within it's range with the crafted ammo being incendiary shotgun shells rather than arrows. Basically it shifts the resource management to be more combat focused than stealth focused. Makes sense considering that she's more of a soldier than a survivalist like Ellie. I just wish that more of the game was pseudo-linear rather than the almost purely scripted path that we see after Ellie's Seattle Day 1.

Spoiler alert? I hope he got that far 😳


1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a long time no see huh. I've put the VR project on the back burner to work on a little passion project, purely for my own education as well.
I'm currently working on getting the character working and it's quite the hassle, It is fun though.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here interested in designing tracks for racing games?  A new Trackmania game is releasing in a few days with a track design tool built into it that I've heard good things about.  It looks like it might be fun to design for.  🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2020 at 1:53 PM, Soldat Du Christ said:

Spoiler alert? I hope he got that far 😳

You play as Abby as early as the second mission as a sort of foreshadowing as to who the player takes control of later. Even without the spoilers, it should be expected (unless the player is dense af).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

 

 

Grab some snack, sit back and relax, this one is long and moves fast, feedback welcome 🤡

I left a comment on the video but I thought I'd reiterate here.  Really good work on the video, I can tell how much work goes into it because I've done it myself and you didn't skimp too much.  Very impressive, both the map and the production.  Looking forward to your next project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following up on the Trackmania post from earlier.  I've been informed that the demo for Trackmania 1 can be downloaded for free here by clicking on the 'TrackMania 1 Demo' button: http://trackmaniaforever.com/

 

The limitation is that it contains only a single environment and a single vehicle, but other than that, it's fairly full-featured, and includes the ability to create and share tracks.  In addition, there's a website that holds monthly challenges: https://tm.mania-exchange.com/forums/5/mtc

 

It also looks like the editor is included in the Demo for TrackMania 2, but I can't confirm that.

 

Not sure if any of you have an interest in designing race tracks, but I'd love to see some tracks shared here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lost a lot of sleep porting stuff, But I'm getting there.
I might turn this into a passion project. Try to remake the demo and see how far I get.
Here's a comparison of the transit station so far.

HighresScreenshot00008.thumb.png.399787d7772c9b7d419ae3247a904982.pngchrome_2Dtw3LTeLU.thumb.jpg.f2baa6671861f322b24183922aa0c9bb.jpg

Bonus: I tried to remake the hud with exisiting assets aswell.
I'll be working on making the demo logos by hand since they don't exist.

UE4Editor_8LVsZttQJx.png.5a229f1a4f03b851ec15e89e9a4f9c10.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

For my level design portfolio, is "Young talent at an entree level price" a bad slogan? HAhahahaha

Bay area level design salary ranges from 45-93k. 93k!!!? Really?! In the bay area?! Not worth it by any means unless you are single and following your dream. Pretty sure youd be working 60plus hours a week to get that too. Become an architect bro. Make the real money working on real structures.

Edited by Chronmeister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Chronmeister said:

Bay area level design salary ranges from 45-93k. 93k!!!? Really?! In the bay area?! Not worth it by any means unless you are single and following your dream. Pretty sure youd be working 60plus hours a week to get that too. Become an architect bro. Make the real money working on real structures.

Architects are newbs, i want to ASCEND no but seriously, im not in it for the money, and im in no hurry either, i have a very blessed life, this is a side project for fun. And it's still better than the grocery business


1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Chronmeister said:

Bay area level design salary ranges from 45-93k. 93k!!!? Really?! In the bay area?! Not worth it by any means unless you are single and following your dream. Pretty sure youd be working 60plus hours a week to get that too. Become an architect bro. Make the real money working on real structures.

You couldn’t get an easier job than an industry ld. From all I’ve gathered, extremely little is expected of you and you actually make a killing in the right places. Funnily enough, the more money you make, the less work you have, because the big companies have a person for every specialization, while small studios require multitalented individuals and longer hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.