1 hour ago, Foge said:

Been working on this for the past 2 months or so in Unreal, finally starting to look almost done!

Idea behind it was to make a warlock style 4 way symmetrical map, but not have it be as crazy and nade spammy as warlock games can get

ZxY13yj.png

cXXVln2.jpg

Huj8RiZ.png

ZDYP3aQ.png

Bonus Layout sketch in the spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

1Bhxh4j.jpg

Is this just for fun or practice?, or is this intended to be played in a UE4 game?

4 hours ago, Foge said:

Been working on this for the past 2 months or so in Unreal, finally starting to look almost done!

Idea behind it was to make a warlock style 4 way symmetrical map, but not have it be as crazy and nade spammy as warlock games can get

ZxY13yj.png

cXXVln2.jpg

Huj8RiZ.png

ZDYP3aQ.png

Bonus Layout sketch in the spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

1Bhxh4j.jpg

Your really coming along Foge. Keep up the good work.

3 hours ago, Kantalope said:

Is this just for fun or practice?, or is this intended to be played in a UE4 game?

Basically all of the above haha. I on the longterm do plan on making a game with some of my Unreal maps, I have a set of abilities and utilities that I work with now for making these but its definitely not something that will come out anytime soon lmao its just a side project really heres some just bonus concept weapon models ive done for it thus far

Spoiler

XoFzsDU.png

Ogk1Nnv.png

45 minutes ago, Sethiroth said:

Your really coming along Foge. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Seth! 

The balance feels so much better now that I've changed the pistol grip to a thumbhole grip, solidified all of the top portion and shortened the height. I kept the vacant area because it's sorta like the large plane of polymer on the M41a. Without the rails it looks far more like an 80's/90's weapon, but it feels like I still have a little more to do until it's really there. I also experimented with some shorter barrels just to see how they look. I'm really diggin the super short barrel, but I'm not sure that anyone will realize that it's at all capable of consistent mid-range bursts when it's that compact. Again, I appreciate any and all feedback.

PDWs2UpdateV3.thumb.png.f5db50ac467b3e6eb1adafd3c2f6489d.png

PDWs2UpdateV3Short.thumb.png.b822e9e4db2a0896547adde6262723f3.png

PDWs2UpdateV3SuperShort.thumb.png.aaeaa6776ce277c58985f2927bbc0f7c.png

1 hour ago, Kantalope said:

The balance feels so much better now that I've changed the pistol grip to a thumbhole grip, solidified all of the top portion and shortened the height. I kept the vacant area because it's sorta like the large plane of polymer on the M41a. Without the rails it looks far more like an 80's/90's weapon, but it feels like I still have a little more to do until it's really there. I also experimented with some shorter barrels just to see how they look. I'm really diggin the super short barrel, but I'm not sure that anyone will realize that it's at all capable of consistent mid-range bursts when it's that compact. Again, I appreciate any and all feedback.

PDWs2UpdateV3.thumb.png.f5db50ac467b3e6eb1adafd3c2f6489d.png

PDWs2UpdateV3Short.thumb.png.b822e9e4db2a0896547adde6262723f3.png

PDWs2UpdateV3SuperShort.thumb.png.aaeaa6776ce277c58985f2927bbc0f7c.png

I think you could add rails - or any element you'd like - and just redesign them. Think of their purpose, and create something that fulfills that purpose without just copying real life weaponry. A rail is just a way to attach something to the weapon, and can be done in all sorts of ways. A latch, a buckle, a hook, a clamp, a bolt, whatever. A magazine just feeds bullets into the chamber, and bullets are just a compact solution for hunks of metal powered by an explosive. It's easy to make something unique if you boil it down to its fundamental question and then change the answer. Plus, you won't lose touch with reality because you're still contending with problems that a weapon designer might

22 hours ago, Box_Hoes said:

Halo 3 is DOG unless on lan and mlg

settings 

Quick sand walker

random spread hopper

slow decision wave stopper

salty only likes it cause there’s a chopper

stop using tech as a line of sight blocker

Not every map has to be bf4 locker 

you design your maps for PhD flopper 

Narrative ascension doesn’t make you a PhD design doctor 

You treat your maps like wAmen 1 play test you drop her 

meuuuuuhhh I’m at work bored 

kid come play it... ull see 

15 hours ago, Westin said:

I think you could add rails - or any element you'd like - and just redesign them. Think of their purpose, and create something that fulfills that purpose without just copying real life weaponry. A rail is just a way to attach something to the weapon, and can be done in all sorts of ways. A latch, a buckle, a hook, a clamp, a bolt, whatever. A magazine just feeds bullets into the chamber, and bullets are just a compact solution for hunks of metal powered by an explosive. It's easy to make something unique if you boil it down to its fundamental question and then change the answer. Plus, you won't lose touch with reality because you're still contending with problems that a weapon designer might

You have made me realize that I'm going about this in all the wrong ways. I'm imitating existing aesthetics with less than stellar execution because the purpose of the design isn't what I have in mind but rather two clashing aesthetics' aesthetics. That does make sense, right? I should look at the purpose of the weapon and the challenges that the in-world designer must overcome, and sci-fi quite literally gives all the tools that one could ever imagine (except maybe magic lol). I'm gonna go back to the drawing board, start from scratch. The idea that is in my head has some real potential, so stay tuned for the redesign.

7 minutes ago, Fatkid Forger said:

Is the sky tram just going to be aesthetic or actually rideable in the level?

For this area. Purely aesthetic.
Though they will be a hazard and transport tool in other areas.

Those things are functions/purpose of a spot/place. They can be the only function but they can also be one of many functions. Terms like check, transition, deadzone etc. are really just functional characteristics that can make up any area of a design. Weird question

1 hour ago, purely fat said:

Those things are functions/purpose of a spot/place. They can be the only function but they can also be one of many functions. Terms like check, transition, deadzone etc. are really just functional characteristics that can make up any area of a design. Weird question

you're weird

I just wanted design talk to transpire😞

Spent a couple of hours yesterday reviewing 2v2/4v4 competitive forge maps from H3 to get a sense of scaling and object usage.  Spent another hour or so familiarizing myself with the pieces and menus, how to adjust rotation, coordinates, etc.  Spent about 10 minutes throwing a few pieces together since I haven't given any thought to what I might actually design.  And then after placing my first 3 pieces I suddenly couldn't keep my eyes open any longer, and went to bed.  Productive day I guess, lol.

I'm not sure how long it will hold my interest, but I'd like to try designing something for 2v2.  I just need to figure out what the design will be...

So I probably should have known about this already, but Halo 3 forge files in MCC seem to be completely separate on PC and Xbox.  Yesterday I downloaded a bunch of maps on PC. When I loaded up the game on Xbox later, they weren't showing, so I re-downloaded, thinking there was just a syncing issue or something. I did my wee bit of forging on Xbox also, and saved it. 

Tonight, I loaded MCC up on my PC and noticed that all of the maps I had downloaded on Xbox and then deleted after a walkthrough were not deleted on PC.  Went through and deleted them, again thinking maybe it's just a syncing issue.  Then I realized that the file with my 3 pieces on it isn't showing in my 'Private Files'.  No biggie since it's basically nothing.  I started up Sandbox fresh and started over, placed a couple of objects and saved.  I quit out so I can upload it to my fileshare and see if that makes it visible on Xbox.  And then I realize that it's not possible to upload content to your fileshare on PC.  Did a quick search on youtube and was able to verify that's the case.

That's just dumb.  I don't always have access to both platforms, and it's really helpful to be able to use either one.  Can't do that for forging though until this gets updated.  That's really disappointing.  It could end up taking me twice as long to finish a project.  I've no idea if this affects forge in all of the games on MCC, or if its only H3.  Anyone know more about this?