Posted (edited)

This whole garbage hexagonal wall behind the brutes should have been a giant structure ala Valhalla or the Halo 3 Ark.

93751546deee8e4273d11e310323f45f.jpg

Halo3_Valhalla-env-02.jpg

literally what are you doing 343. hexagons?

hopefully the forge maps lookbetter than the dev campaign levels lol

Edited by JB_

Unless there's a stripped down/classic version of this game that plays decently, I can't see myself building anything for it.  The thought of trying to account for sprint, clamber and grapple hook and make it play well is already making me queasy.  A part of me is hoping that we'll get multiplayer without any of those as innate abilities.  Another part of me wants to have all of it and more carry over into multiplayer so I don't need to give the game a second thought.  I did see someone from 343 say in a discord server essentially that there would be a space for those who want a more classic experience.  Hopefully we will find out soon enough.

Everything besides the dirt looks like factory-new plastic toys. It seriously feels like the followers in Bungie stayed behind to make Halo while the leaders in Bungie went on to make Destiny. Don't get me wrong; I don't like D2 very much, but damn does it have an actual direction that they've been headstrong about. 343i is a bunch of copycat fanfiction writers instead of a set of confident game makers.

Posted (edited)

My expectations were low for gameplay and design but man i didnt think the graphics would be one of the things that would have disappointed me.

The grapple looks like the least fun grapple ive ever seen in a game. Its also really funny how the demo player would follow the phantom as it jerks around as it flies away. And all the pop in for scenic shots, LOL

You know, one last thing that really rubbed me the wrong way. Master chief is the CHIEF, the guy respected and awed all the time. The guy soldiers are always hyped about seeing and stuff. Then this game starts of with some bitch boy talking down to the chief? Man fuck that writing. Its such huge foreshadowing for how this is gonna be.

Edited by no god anywhere

33 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

My expectations were low for gameplay and design but man i didnt think the graphics would be one of the things that would have disappointed me.

The grapple looks like the least fun grapple ive ever seen in a game. Its also really funny how the demo player would follow the phantom as it jerks around as it flies away. And all the pop in for scenic shots, LOL

You know, one last thing that really rubbed me the wrong way. Master chief is the CHIEF, the guy respected and awed all the time. The guy soldiers are always hyped about seeing and stuff. Then this game starts of with some bitch boy talking down to the chief? Man fuck that writing. Its such huge foreshadowing for how this is gonna be.

buUUUUT cHeiF iS SeNsitIVe aND sTroNg nOt aN 80's aCtiOn HerO mIxeD wiTh 70's sCi-fI aNd 40's nEo-wAr-FilM rOmanTiCicisM

That really rubbed me the wrong way.  I can explain away the graphics by guessing that they were showing the Xbox One devkit Alpha build from June's cancelled E3 presentation. I can hope that there are some tweaks made to the walking speed, the sprint (ugh), and the grapple speed before launch, and I am certain that there will be equal or superior customizability in the customs settings to what was featured in H5. But I cannot explain, excuse, or fathom the inclusion of a character who bitches at Chief like a menopausal woman or an undergrad english major., let alone one who's in the UNSC and must have at least second or third-hand knowledge of what Chief has done in the past, singlehanded.

Bad writing.

Joe, why'd you have to go?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, no god anywhere said:

Lmao that stupid phantom jerking around! Dude this game looks like it was made by an indie studio or some crap, where did all that money and time go

At least the mechanics are looking better than h5. The unsc weapon bullets look they have travel time, sprint is effectively useless, weapon swapping amd reloads are quick, and all the abilities are pick ups so you wont have to put them on your maps if you don't want to. Im okay with the campaign looking like crap, i just home the weapons look better at launch cause right now all the precision weapons look ugly

Edited by Soldat Du Christ

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

It looks like there will be a base weapon with modifications for campaign. I'm thinking that that fast firing semi-auto rifle is a variant of the DMR (looks quite a bit like Reach concept art), and we may be able to make weapons more specialized in forge by giving a DMR a sniper-like scope and slow RoF build or setting up an AR to function more like the chaingun from Quake. Also, grappleshot and other abilities in campaign will instead be equipment in multiplayer. Hopefully they act similar to equipment in that they are one-and-done or have a limited amount of uses per pick-up. I'm still excited for the Tarzan maps that will definitely be forged, but not really much else. Hopefully the sandbox is flexible enough to provide a reliable classic experience, especially for faster base movement. Other than when things are announced, I think that I'll just ignore Halo's existence.

apparently everything is an ability hence that drop shield we saw....

but I wonder if I could at least cancel someones grapple hook in MP by shooting the hook wherever it lands.

I mean we can shoot nades out of ppls hands, why not shoot their hook. 

3 minutes ago, JB_ said:

apparently everything is an ability hence that drop shield we saw....

but I wonder if I could at least cancel someones grapple hook in MP by shooting the hook wherever it lands.

I mean we can shoot nades out of ppls hands, why not shoot their hook. 

That would be fucking sick! 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, JB_ said:

This whole garbage hexagonal wall behind the brutes should have been a giant structure ala Valhalla or the Halo 3 Ark.

93751546deee8e4273d11e310323f45f.jpg

Halo3_Valhalla-env-02.jpg

literally what are you doing 343. hexagons?

hopefully the forge maps lookbetter than the dev campaign levels lol

Its like they saw the giants causeway and were like "ppl think this is cool" without understanding that's only because its a natural formation. I don't get why forerunner architecture would be that pointless and simplistic, seems like a waste of resources.

Edited by Fatkid Forger

All this has made me realise, why even get the new xbox? What can it do that a pc can't? Xbox has nothing to offer me now. Their game show sucked, Fable is cool but not a console seller. All their games are cross platform and i can play the best version of infinite on pc and still have it to play on my xbox one.

Not only that but if i want to be able to properly develop maps and games i should get a stronger pc since laptop that can't even download unreal which is really shaping up to be THE next gen engine for indie developers or freelancers like myself

All that being said i have no idea what i'm getting myself into with pc builds and costs, i would appreciate some advice on how to balance the performance i need to play and develop next gen games also the cost. Estimates and brand references would be nice

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

1 hour ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

All this has made me realise, why even get the new xbox? What can it do that a pc can't? Xbox has nothing to offer me now. Their game show sucked, Fable is cool but not a console seller. All their games are cross platform and i can play the best version of infinite on pc and still have it to play on my xbox one.

Not only that but if i want to be able to properly develop maps and games i should get a stronger pc since laptop that can't even download unreal which is really shaping up to be THE next gen engine for indie developers or freelancers like myself

All that being said i have no idea what i'm getting myself into with pc builds and costs, i would appreciate some advice on how to balance the performance i need to play and develop next gen games also the cost. Estimates and brand references would be nice

I've got a PC that had cost me around $1300 in 2016 that still runs most games 1440p/120fps/medium settings to this day, so I'd go towards that price range. You can make a super compact build around the size of the OG Xbone that LTT built just this week that comes out to a total cost of $1200-$1300 if you have your own Window 10 boot (basically transfer current windows 10 license from laptop), add another $100 if you need a brand new license. This build is a decent chunk fast than my build with a massive improvement in rendering power due to the RTX card and 6 cores from the new AMD chipset. I'd seriously just copy that set-up to have a fairly portable desktop that will last at least 5 or more years before needing a major upgrade to keep up. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Fatkid Forger said:

Its like they saw the giants causeway and were like "ppl think this is cool" without understanding that's only because its a natural formation. I don't get why forerunner architecture would be that pointless and simplistic, seems like a waste of resources.

I was thinking the same thing, i was like some artist at 343 probably saw these dumb rocks somewhere in washington and though "WOW THOSE ARE SO UNIQUE AND ALIEN BRO"

they've been in since h4.....

funny enough, never saw them anywhere in bungies game. Not that I have a problem with them, but 343 overuses them. Coliseum in h5 was made entirely out of these dumb rocks.

they could make it make sense though. just change it to actual rock, those rocks onnly form when lava cools. 343 could argue that the rocks formation are from the chunks of the ring breaking apart and cooling off, but not since theyre metal. 343 is idiot

Edited by JB_

I recall that a Halo ring is constructed using beams, girders, and triangular panels. See H3 Warthog Run. All the natural formations are 'placed' , with the paneling serving as basic geometric guideposts. The natural elements are sourced from farmed planets. No idea where the hexagons come in. They look cheap, not impressive. But it's an old build? No - it's on the box art. Y i k e s. 

I think it might even be a 'nod' at the 6th mainline Halo game. Very creative, guys. V e r y  creative.

Another thing I just remembered - in the Bungie games, there was always some impact left by the weapons when you fired them, something that was easily discernible, be it a texture, a bumpmap or UV map update, just something that made it look like you'd made an impact on the world you're in. I didn't see anything like that from weapons fire in the new trailer, even at 4k. 

Also this:

image.png.ff4cc304808f939ec43e36da8601e17b.png 

Sigh