Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fatkid Forger said:

Everything just looks like its only been in the oven for half the specified time. I'm expecting a lot more texture and grit in the final product. E.g.

image.thumb.png.f1b0d1a61165ae6726659559b5f3737e.png

though the right looks better with textures and such but it also looks worse in a way. everything looks unbaked lighting wise. No shadow/ambient occlusion.

reminisent of H5 beta to retail lighting changes

ambkrcgc1nc51.jpg

thanks to the power of the xbox one 

Edited by JB_

Theory: a completely different artstyle was in development until Halo Wars 2 came out, and loud praise for the classic-like artstyle was cacophonous in 343i's mind. They ultimately felt insecure about their story and art direction, so they completely turned around and reworked the story and art to fit with HW2. This could be why the game looks more like it has had 2 & 1/2 to 3 & 1/2 years of development than 5. Also, it's 343i. They've been known to have mediocre texture work, especially to the forge community.

13 hours ago, Kantalope said:

I've got a PC that had cost me around $1300 in 2016 that still runs most games 1440p/120fps/medium settings to this day, so I'd go towards that price range. You can make a super compact build around the size of the OG Xbone that LTT built just this week that comes out to a total cost of $1200-$1300 if you have your own Window 10 boot (basically transfer current windows 10 license from laptop), add another $100 if you need a brand new license. This build is a decent chunk fast than my build with a massive improvement in rendering power due to the RTX card and 6 cores from the new AMD chipset. I'd seriously just copy that set-up to have a fairly portable desktop that will last at least 5 or more years before needing a major upgrade to keep up. 

No reason to do a super compact build unless you're an enthusiast or actually just don't have the space. For a first time builder, it's not a good idea

3 hours ago, Westin said:

No reason to do a super compact build unless you're an enthusiast or actually just don't have the space. And for a first time builder, it's not a good idea

What do you think i should get?

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

Posted (edited)

"...while it’s easy to get carried away about the prospect of playing Halo Infinite, it’s worth taking a minute to think about the enormous work put into this playable preview of Halo Infinite. While this is just a section of the final game, it took a herculean effort to make sure this little corner of our Ringworld was polished and pretty enough for its premiere! "

"...for this piece of the puzzle, my team and I focused on the visual fidelity and performance. The Xbox Series X, our new platform, along with our Slipspace Engine, gives us tremendous amount of graphical power. My team and I worked closely with the content creators to get the degree of detail and polish to the highest quality, and that means polishing code and performance specifically for this corner of the game."

guys 😞

This isnt even a joke to me anymore. Im genuinely sad.

Edited by no god anywhere

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, no god anywhere said:

"...while it’s easy to get carried away about the prospect of playing Halo Infinite, it’s worth taking a minute to think about the enormous work put into this playable preview of Halo Infinite. While this is just a section of the final game, it took a herculean effort to make sure this little corner of our Ringworld was polished and pretty enough for its premiere! "

"...for this piece of the puzzle, my team and I focused on the visual fidelity and performance. The Xbox Series X, our new platform, along with our Slipspace Engine, gives us tremendous amount of graphical power. My team and I worked closely with the content creators to get the degree of detail and polish to the highest quality, and that means polishing code and performance specifically for this corner of the game."

guys 😞

This isnt even a joke to me anymore. Im genuinely sad.

lol

@a Chunk These embedded links could have the same Orange as your tagged name in this comment, but as the font colour, not background colour. The blue font is honestly difficult to read.

Honestly, the soundtrack was the highlight of the showcase. Gareth Coker from Ori is definitely a win for this game.

Edited by Buddy Jumps

Quickly wanna ask, apart from Infinite, which games during the showcase are you potentially interested in getting?

I think so far all the Obsidian games look cool, obviously haven't seen much of Avowed yet, but grounded could be a nice little experience so long as they get the combat to feel dead satisfying. Stalker 2 (maybe) and Fable are gonna be up there for me as well.

37 minutes ago, Buddy Jumps said:

@a Chunk These embedded links could have the same Orange as your tagged name in this comment, but as the font colour, not background colour. The blue font is honestly difficult to read.

I hear you.  That was what I initially wanted.  From what I remember, the setting that changes that also affects text color in multiple other areas, and I didn't want orange text as the default in some of those areas.  It's possible that some of the text color options have changed though, so I'll take another look and see if it's now possible to adjust this without impacting other parts of the site.

Saw this some other places...

I am not convinced that Halo: Infinite 'has sprint'

By that I mean, sprinting does not make you run any faster. It's just an animation.

Again, sprint doesn't seem any faster than base movement speed.

You can throw equipment with zero penalty while sprinting.

You can use grapple with zero penalty while sprinting.

You can melee attack with zero penalty while sprinting.

And lastly... you can SHOOT OUT OF SPRINT WITH ZERO PENALTY.

Source: https://imgur.com/gallery/sdSFnKl