41 minutes ago, icyhotspartin said:

Are you saying that a Union Carpenter with 2 years of experience, and who is being paid $55/hr to work on a California State or San Francisco/Berkeley County/City Environmental Education project does not understand how to fabricate a wooden panel for application to the exterior of a presumably LEED Certified Visitor Center building at a Public Water Treatment Facility  in the Bay Area, CA?

Why am I not surprised?

Also, you should probably edit that top photo so that we can't see people's names on the email chain.

Do with it what you will. Need a job bro? You are gonna be my lead man.

6 hours ago, Westin said:

Sounds generic, then a marty theme shows up, and then back to filler

If Gareth Cokers music sounds generic in infinite blame it on 343 oppressing his creative talent, he's actually a legend, listen to some of the sondtrack he made for the Ori games

Listen to this

And heres a playlist i made of all the best songs in both games

Edited by Soldat Du Christ

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

4 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

I live in sac area, whats the starting pay for apprenticeships? 

Its 30 an hour. There are 8 classes that are 1 week each which you take over the course of 4 years. About every 6 months you get a raise until you max out at journeyman level. From there we still get like a 2 dollar raise every July and have a full pension after 30 years. Full family medical is no cost if you are working and you can go up to 6 months without working and still have those benefits if you've banked the max 600hrs(each month you need 100hrs on the books to qualify for the benefits)

Edited by Chronmeister

1 hour ago, Chronmeister said:

Its 30 an hour. There are 8 classes that are 1 week each which you take over the course of 4 years. About every 6 months you get a raise until you max out at journeyman level. From there we still get like a 2 dollar raise every July and have a full pension after 30 years. Full family medical is no cost if you are working and you can go up to 6 months without working and still have those benefits if you've banked the max 600hrs(each month you need 100hrs on the books to qualify for the benefits)

Wow thats sounds like a pretty good deal, i never thought about being a carpenter, something to keep in mind for sure, is it in san fran though? Living there would suck bad

1260918535_Forgemapsthumbnail.thumb.png.a0054255c7c5aba3a52c3cef60b4b815.png

15 hours ago, Chronmeister said:

I gotta build this shit with guys out of the union hall. SMH. 2 year apprentice cant add a fucking 1/2" plus a 1/2". Literally broke down how to build a fucking panel start to finish 10 times with her and she still doesn't even understand the concept of what we are making. This is one of 5 new people and all are making 55 an hour and all are idiots. I get to be king of the idiots and my reign of terror began today. I'll only have 3 left by friday so anyone needs a job and is a union carpenter in the bay area (yeah, I know) I got work. You're gonna get to see a side of me that most never will, hehehehehehe. Seriously tho, I make 5% more than these motherfuckers. It's a joke. 

20200727_070435.jpg

20200727_070443.jpg

It is funny you posted this because I am starting to get bored with what I am currently doing and was looking into learning a trade. Too bad you are in California and I can't really be more than a state away from my family because I can and 1/2's :Fat:

15 hours ago, Chronmeister said:

I gotta build this shit with guys out of the union hall. SMH. 2 year apprentice cant add a fucking 1/2" plus a 1/2". Literally broke down how to build a fucking panel start to finish 10 times with her and she still doesn't even understand the concept of what we are making. This is one of 5 new people and all are making 55 an hour and all are idiots. I get to be king of the idiots and my reign of terror began today. I'll only have 3 left by friday so anyone needs a job and is a union carpenter in the bay area (yeah, I know) I got work. You're gonna get to see a side of me that most never will, hehehehehehe. Seriously tho, I make 5% more than these motherfuckers. It's a joke. 

20200727_070435.jpg

20200727_070443.jpg

Is that Salty’s new map on the bottom 

9 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

Am I the only one that turns the music off in every game I can?  it's all overrated. It never makes me feel any emotion but annoyed.

Uh, menu music is usually annoying yeah, and in multiplayer too

Do you really think the Halo music is overrated while playing campaign?

9 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

If Gareth Cokers music sounds generic in infinite blame it on 343 oppressing his creative talent, he's actually a legend, listen to some of the sondtrack he made for the Ori games

Listen to this

And heres a playlist i made of all the best songs in both games

Overcooked. Instrumental density is not well mixed. Piano and Irish flute don’t really jive together on the harmonies, for example. Again, I think it sounds generic, except for a couple of the vocal phrases. Don’t let that stop you from liking it. 

19 minutes ago, no god anywhere said:

Am I the only one that turns the music off in every game I can?  it's all overrated. It never makes me feel any emotion but annoyed.

Depends on the game. I turn off music in most games except for O’Donnell / Salvatori era Halo. That’s if I notice it, sometimes I don’t notice the music.

3 minutes ago, S0UL FLAME said:

The only two game series I keep the music on during campaign is Halo and Doom. Quake was mostly ambiance, Destiny is Halo flair with some swine-flu. Most other games I turn it off, or very low.

You think Destiny's music is bad...?

I have it off in MCC because it was loud as shit for no reason whatsoever in the lobby. Destiny is the other game I turn it off but only because it plays constantly in MP which is stupid.  It's really cool to hear during raids and strikes and stuff.

4 hours ago, Soldat Du Christ said:

Wow thats sounds like a pretty good deal, i never thought about being a carpenter, something to keep in mind for sure, is it in san fran though? Living there would suck bad

It's in Sunol. Between Oakland and San Jose. Cost of living isnt much better tho. 

2 hours ago, Westin said:

Uh, menu music is usually annoying yeah, and in multiplayer too

Do you really think the Halo music is overrated while playing campaign?

I cant even say I remember if I could turn it on or off in any of the halo games and if I did or not, but I imagine I probably did. The classic halo stuff has been around so long its engrained in my mind, but to answer your question, no I wouldn't say the concept of music in any campaign is overrated, I just dont value the music itself as highly as people tend to. Though if had the option to adjust music volume for infinite I'd say I'd probably turn it down halfway at most, but I feel as though it's only because so many people discuss it that it feels like it's a necessary aspect to experience. 

Im a little inconsistent here because I'm a musician myself and value music highly in general life, but I believe it's the lack of vocals that causes the disparity for me. 

My issue with music in games is that it don't mean shit if the experience is lacking in other way's. Because game music like music in movies are complementary pieces and if the game they are complimenting is meh I could really give a shit about it. Resources should have been spent elsewhere. To me it is a secondary feature of a game to enhance atmosphere and its' overall value in creating a good interactive gaming experience is minimal. Not to say it isn't a plus but if you put more time into that than the actual game itself your priorities are shit.

1 hour ago, no god anywhere said:

I cant even say I remember if I could turn it on or off in any of the halo games and if I did or not, but I imagine I probably did. The classic halo stuff has been around so long its engrained in my mind, but to answer your question, no I wouldn't say the concept of music in any campaign is overrated, I just dont value the music itself as highly as people tend to. Though if had the option to adjust music volume for infinite I'd say I'd probably turn it down halfway at most, but I feel as though it's only because so many people discuss it that it feels like it's a necessary aspect to experience. 

Im a little inconsistent here because I'm a musician myself and value music highly in general life, but I believe it's the lack of vocals that causes the disparity for me. 

Could also be the modernization of audio in games. Just look at the h2 remaster, wherein the music is like... 3x as strong in the mix as og h2. That's just how everything is now, because everything wants to be totally epic bro!! transformers!!!!! gamer moments!!!!!!!